HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
Winds of Change EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
Winds of Change EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
Winds of Change EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
Winds of Change EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
Winds of Change EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
Winds of Change EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
Winds of Change EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
Winds of Change EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
Winds of Change EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Winds of Change

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Heshima

Heshima

Pride Points : 451484

Winds of Change Empty
PostSubject: Winds of Change   Winds of Change EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Heshima awoke later than she normally would, but the female had been very much tired from the trip the day before. By the time she got to the den she had passed out from exhaustion and slept until high noon. Upon her awakening she found the den and all four chambers empty, it worried her slightly that Kifu was missing but she figured that he was with Nako. Popping her joints, the female padded out of the den and into the shadows of the peak that lay just over top her head. Heshima looked around and noticed the small pool of pure clean water that lay next to the den's entrance. It must rain here sometimes, for it didn't seem as if the pond -if you could call it that- was fed by any major water source, but the female never knew. It was a nice feature to have, just in case of a fire that kept them away from the large river in the middle of the kingdom which Heshima thought that it must be the reason why it was there. Pure coincidence maybe, for she knew no lion could have made this little feature. Thinking back to what the previous day had consisted of, Heshima's heart grew heavy and she looked down to the ground. It was a harsh reality not waking up with Ari at her side, nor was Tasa there on the other side of the den either. A small tear fell down Heshima's face before shaking it off and walking around to the back of Half-Peak and climbing up the peak, stopping right at the edge before looking out over her kingdom.

Her kingdom, it was bittersweet to be honest as she never thought she would be queen. Maybe if her litter would of had more boys than girls then Scar would have taken her as his queen. No, she couldn't think about that, she had beaten the odds and gained four amazing cubs out of it. But now she was only left with one with her, two roaming the savannah and her eldest deceased. As tears threatened to force their way into Heshima's face she stared off into the distance and focused on the ashen landscape in the distance. It was impossible from this altitude to discern lion from prey animal but she could only imagine her son frolicking around in the ash and acting like the cub he should have been growing up in his father's kingdom. A smile graced Heshima's maw and she imagined in only a short amount of time there could be a large pride living here, with her and Nako ruling together as a team. The large lion brought more curiosity out of the pale female than she would like and honestly it was scaring her. Yes he was now her king, but she was now his queen. Of course he was going to get her curiosity going. But there was something off about all of this, and Heshima hoped and prayed she wouldn't be fooled again. No, the female was smarter now than she was back as a new adult. Two litters, one loved and cared for while the other was unwanted and exiled without even them knowing it. Two litters, but would it soon be three?

The female really didn't want to think about what would happen if she were to give birth a third time, six children -granted one was dead and two she didn't see- was enough. However, Heshima loved cubs, but she and Nako had made a mutual agreement, no strings attached. Pushing all these thoughts to the back of her mind, the scarred lioness laid down on the edge of the peak, her front paws touching the edge and threatening to dangle over the side. A breeze caressed her jawline and the female swore for a moment she could see the smiling face of her teenage daughter Ari in the breeze. No, she was still tired, that was it. With the thought of Ari yet again, the female placed her head between upon her paws and sighed. When she lost Giza she was upset, but to actually lose Ari, see her dead body in a pool of crimson blood, it destroyed Heshima. But the female had to be strong, she was now queen of the Ashlands, she had to be strong for her pride and also for her son. His sister's death was harsh upon Kifu, but he still made it through stronger than ever. And now he was a prince yet again but in a much safer land. Yes, a much safer land away from the russet demon that graced the homeland of the female. Closing her eyes with a small frown upon her face, the new queen thought back to her homeland, trying to remember who was still left. There was Zira, Nuka, Sarabi, Uma, and also Kata's family. Not much, but Heshima still found that surprising. But her thoughts drifted back to this land in front of her, and a new sense of pride washed over her. She was queen, yes, she was queen.
Back to top Go down
Nako

Nako

Pride Points : 434442

Winds of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change   Winds of Change EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Nako felt lucky. For so long, he had wandered looking for a home to call his own, and not only for himself but for any others who had nowhere else to go. He had longed for a pride to keep him company, but without land he could have no pride. Now he felt fortunate, for the fates had brought him to an unclaimed territory, and slowly but surely, others were beginning to settle down in the ashen kingdom. Baset had been the first to join him there, and now Heshima and Kifu had taken up residence there. Now Nako would be extra vigilant, to keep the three safe. He had woken up early that morning to scout around for others, whether hostile or friendly, but he found no one else wandering about that day. Once he was satisfied with his check of the borders, he returned to Half-Peak.

The light creamy coat of the new queen of the Ashlands was a stark contrast from the gray kingdom, and Nako could see her solitary form up near the den as he approached. Not knowing the heavy thoughts that consumed the weary mind of the lioness, the hulking male couldn’t help but smile as he made his way up to where she was resting. It was nice to have a queen, even if theirs was a platonic relationship, and even more nice to have an heir in Kifu. Nako was years older than the other adults there, and it remained uncertain if he would ever find a mate or father a litter of his own. He still hoped for it, but he wasn't the type to go out searching for a little love. Unlike most lions, he didn’t resent the younger male and he didn’t see him as a threat. It was good to have company again, and a legacy, even if it wasn’t technically his own. Nako was okay with that. He wasn’t the egomaniac that many other males of his species were. As he approached Heshima, he instantly sensed that his cheerful demeanor was indeed the opposite of the new queen’s mood that day. His smile drooped, but failed to disappear as he stepped closer to the lovely scarred lioness.

He kept a safe distance, despite his urge to approach Heshima. ”Hey there. Good morning.” He offered a nod of greeting, and his shaggy mane fell before his eyes. A paw lifted to brush the hair away from his face, and he smiled awkwardly. ”I, uh, hope you don’t mind if I join you?” His crimson gaze shifted away, washing over the sight of the gray kingdom with a sense of pride of his own. And again he felt like the luckiest lion alive. Just to have a place to call his own and to find others who chose to stay.. Nako couldn’t help the smile that crossed his muzzle. He inched closer to Heshima. ”Kifu is off exploring, I believe. I’ve checked near the borders and it looks like there’s no one else around today,” he added, so that the anxious mother would not worry. Nako sat down beside Heshima, gazing out at their shared territory. Undoubtedly, theirs was a strange arrangement, but Nako was content simply to no longer be alone.
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

Winds of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change   Winds of Change EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:50 pm

The thoughts of Ari plagued Heshima's mind, and only the good thoughts managed to stay away. It was the exact opposite of what the female wanted, but thoughts of her daughter were better than none. Still, the new queen did not hear Nako approach and her violet eyes met his dark ruby. She smiled as softly as she could and nodded her head, "Morning," The tawny male questioned if he could join her and she nodded, motioning to her side before looking out into the kingdom once more, "Yeah, that's fine. You're the king you don't have to ask you know," That last part was said with a small chuckle, she knew Nako was inexperienced by a long shot, but that didn't mean Heshima was well versed in being royal either. She remembered both the rules of Mufasa and Scar, how differently the brothers ruled than the other. Heshima wanted a peaceful reign, nothing like how her former mate ruled. Something that the generations could build off of and not diminish. Just as Heshima was about to question the whereabouts of her teenage son, Nako filled in the gap and reassured her that he was safe. The borders were clear and he was out exploring. The pale female chuckled and rested her head in her paws, a smile graced her face once more and she sighed contently, "Let him explore. He may not be a cub anymore, but my son needs to regain those days lost. He needs to stop worrying about me, and just relax,"

Heshima placed her paw on Nako's and softened her eyes, "Thank you Nako, for everything. You've given my family a home, a place where we can free the wrath of the king who defiled us," She paused and motioned to the lands in front of them, a soft grey-white covered the lands just as they would for generations to come. "The lands are beautiful, even if they aren't as luscious as the Lowlands over the pass. Oh if only my Ari could see this," Ari would be prancing around in the ashen soot, not a care in the world as she cuddled up close next to her mother and siblings. Her naive and precious mind unaware of the happenings back where her father lay tyrannically ruling a land that would never belong to him. Even when the russet king scarred the mother of his largest litter, Ari didn't seem to question it, still seeing her parents as the best things in the world. If only she had gotten to say goodbye to her violet-eyed daughter, to the one who gave her so much pride. As the darkened thoughts of her daughter plagued her mind once more, Heshima pushed herself up into a sitting position and looked to the horizon, staying silent for the moment in mourning. The female hadn't been given proper time to mourn as the past few days had been excruciatingly exasperating, but the lioness now felt that the mourning should be done and over with soon. Ari wouldn't want her to be like this, she would want her mother to be happy, finally as a queen.

Thinking back to the Lowland queens, Heshima turned her head and looked at her partner in ruling the Ashlands, "I'm going to make a trip to the Lowlands in a few days time to discuss an alliance between the two kingdoms. Seeing as their borders almost entirely surround ours I find an alliance almost necessary. If anyone comes to attack us, they'd most likely have to go through the Lowlands first right? That way if either pride was to be attacked, the other would be the first line of defense. Plus, they were my mother's homelands, the reason I found out about this kingdom as a cub, I wouldn't wish to be a part of something that destroyed my mother's old homelands," The female paused but then quickly spoke again, "If you're alright with that. I don't want to go and make decisions behind your back. That shouldn't be what a ruler does," How would Heshima know that on this journey to the Lowlands would let her once again see a daughter who had been missing for almost two years now. Oh what would she do? Would she bring her back to live with her and Kifu? Or, would she respect her decision and let her venture off on her own? But how would she be able to tell her of Ari's death, of Tasa's banishment, why she didn't come to look for her? But Heshima didn't know that would happen, so the thoughts never crossed her mind. All she thought about was the task at hand, ruling this kingdom properly with Nako at her side.
Back to top Go down
Nako

Nako

Winds of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change   Winds of Change EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:09 am

Nako's experience with pride politics was non-existent. It was a wonder he had any social skills at all, since he had been raised by rogues. But his mother had been an affectionate, compassionate lioness, and her good influence was all the culture that Nako had learned. He only laughed when Heshima pointed out that his title gave him the authority to go wherever and do whatever he pleased, but that wasn't Nako's way. He took a seat beside the lioness, following her gaze to the kingdom that they shared, as unlikely an arrangement as it seemed. "He is a good, faithful son. You must be very proud of him," he remarked. Nako would make a point of seeking Kifu out once he was better adjusted to his new life, uncertain of how the youth would accept him. Thus far, Kifu had been polite and Nako thought he had potential, despite his smaller stature. There was more to being a good, fair lion than size alone.

He merely nodded when Heshima thanked him. "I would give more, if there was more to offer, but this land is enough. I understand what it's like to be searching." The lioness spoke longingly of Ari, and Nako looked at her curiously. She had spoken the day before about losing a daughter, and the lion quickly put two and two together. His voice lowered out of respect, but still he asked: "What became of Ari?" Fully realizing it was a sensitive subject, this did not stop Nako from inquiring about the ill fated Ari. He knew that it was a recent event. He also knew that tragedy had to be dealt with rather than avoided, and even if it would be difficult, it was better to address the pain rather than ignore it. It would allow Nako to understand Heshima and why she had done what she did, and why Kifu seemed withdrawn thus far.

Heshima then explained her desire to form an alliance with the local pride, which naturally, Nako thought a good idea. It would be easier to make friends with a queen to represent them. He smiled. "Come on Heshi," he said gently, throwing out a nickname because it seemed alright to do so. "It works both ways. You're the queen, you don't have to ask. Just let me know if you're going to be traveling so I don't have to send a search party," he said with a chuckle. "And of course, you must promise to return. The Ashlanders need a queen, after all." It had been only a short time, but that didn't stop Nako from feeling protective already. But he wasn't going to stop her from doing what she wished to do.
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

Winds of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change   Winds of Change EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:33 am

As the tawny lion talked about Kifu and how he was a faithful son, Heshima felt nothing but pride and joy. She nodded and stared out into the ashen kingdom, thinking every bobbing little speck of grey was her son just romping around in the ashen soot. "He isn't his father's son, that's for sure. Nonetheless, I have never been more proud of him that I am today. He's been so strong for what he's gone through," The king of the lands told her that if he had more to offer he would but Heshima shook her head, "Nako, your friendship and these lands are all I could ever ask for," But then came the question that Heshima knew was bound to come up. He had questioned about Ari, what had happened to her and Heshima knew the lion had put two and two together. She sighed and stayed silent for a few moments, gathering her thoughts, questioning on whether or not to speak her mind fully or just let Nako have a small snippet of what had happened. After a few minutes of pure silence, Heshima exhaled softly and began. "Kifu and Ari are a part of my first litter Nako, they have two sisters, Giza and Tasa. When I was younger, just old enough to first bare a litter, the king of my lands tricked me, saying that I would bare him a litter of kings. I was so submissive back then that I obviously fell into his game. And then three months later, my children were born," Heshima's eyes fell to the ground and she quickly continued.

"If you couldn't tell from Kifu's pelt color, their father was Scar, the tyrannical king of the Pridelands, and I hate his guts," Such strong words, but Heshima really felt that way. "You asked about Ari, she was my eldest. She looked much like Kifu, except her pelt was brighter, she had my eyes and tail tuft. Oh her eyes, they made me melt every time I looked at them. Ari was killed from a confrontation between Scar and a herd of water buffalo. She tried to stop their fighting, but in the end the buffalo struck her. Scar did nothing, just as he did when Giza vanished and he gave me my scar for wanting to go find her. He watched as his so called beloved daughter, in fact she was the only child of his many that he payed attention to, die. He blamed my Tasa, my near carbon copy, for the deed and exiled her. I found Ari and Scar moments later, where he exiled me. I took Kifu and ran, much to his displeasure. He sent the hyenas after me, attempted to kill me and Kifu and most likely Tasa as well. That is what happened to my Ari, in my eyes it was Scar that killed her, not the water buffalo," Tears now started to pour down Heshima's face, and she leaned onto her new friend and silently sobbed into his pelt for a few moments before realizing what she was doing. She quickly cleared her emotions away from her and sheepishly smiled, "Sorry Nako,"

Heshima smiled as Nako gave her a nickname while joking about her having to promise to return. Regarding the nickname, she chuckled and remembered her mother in that instant, "My mother called me that once, right before she died," And then she scoffed jokingly at the thought of her leaving the Ashlands for good, "Me? Not returning to the Ashlands? Nako did you fall off the edge of Half-Peak or something? This is my home now, and it will be until the day I die. Trust me, I'll be sure to tell you when I go off to travel, someone has to take care of Kifu while I'm gone," The pale lioness smiled and nudged the large lion softly, laughing as she did. It had never felt like this in her lifetime, to actually be free without a care in the world. But now Heshima was curious about the large lion who she now ruled alongside of, what was his past? Even though it was probably a sensitive subject, the scarred female brought it up anyway. "And what about you Nako? I've told you some of my past, what about yours? Where did you come from, how did you find these lands?" It felt good to finally have a friend, a companion in which to talk about anything with. It may be awkward for her at first, seeing as they were each other's rulers without being mates, but she still loved the feeling of it. Finally there was someone besides her family that legitimately cared. Someone who would listen, and someone who would possibly understand.
Back to top Go down
Nako

Nako

Winds of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change   Winds of Change EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Nako would make an effort to bond with Kifu. Perhaps the boy would open up to him as his mother was about to? Nako thought it was better to get the bad feelings out before they suffocated a lion. Not to mention, he was curious to know more about his unexpected queen and heir. He wondered vaguely if she had produced more than one litter, but she didn't offer the information and so Nako didn't pry. In fact, the lion said nothing at all as Heshima described her children, and what had transpired between the father of her cubs and her doomed offspring. He only frowned, staring straight ahead. Nako had always been the empathetic sort, a trait learned from his long dead mother. And Heshima's story was horrific. It took all of Nako's strength not to react in shock, in outrage.

By the end of her tale, the mother was in tears, and of course Nako didn't blame her. She had endured more than the lion could have guessed. He made no attempt to shy away from her touch when she buried her face into his fur for only a minute to cry. When she apologized for her break down, Nako finally spoke again, his voice just above a whisper. "You don't have to be sorry."He had never seen the infamous King Scar in person, but he had heard rumors of the blood red lion. Perhaps they had been slightly exaggerated, since Scar's pelt was more of a muted shade of mahogany, but Nako could recognize that Kifu was definitely the product of an unusually colored lion. Heshima herself was so pale that Nako had never really seen anyone quite like her before. Her light pelt was a sharp contrast from the gray monotony he had grown accustomed to in his burnt kingdom.

Nako's history was not a subject he had ever discussed before, and for a moment he pursed his lips, trying to decide where to begin. Presently, he decided the beginning was as good a place as any. "My story is not nearly as interesting. I was born to vagabond parents, along with a brother, Totoma. My father had been a prince, or so he claimed, but he was the youngest of many sons and had no chance of becoming king. He was always looking for a place to call home." That part of the story, at least, would be a familiar subject to Heshima. He paused for dramatic effect. "To be frank, my father had many mates, but my mother was his favorite and most loyal. When the others gave up on his dream, my mother still had faith." A wide smile appeared at the thought of the old lioness, but just as quickly it was gone again. "She was hunting and she wandered too close to unfriendly territory. She was killed just outside the border. After that, my father was never the same."

"My brother and I were young when my mother was lost, but my father did his best to raise us. Until, of course, he disappeared without a trace. Then it was just me and Totoma. But we did alright for ourselves," he mused aloud with a faint grin as his nostalgic thoughts. A brother was a good thing to have. Nako had other half-siblings by different lionesses, but he didn't remember any. He continued. "We continued our father's mission, I guess, looking for somewhere to claim for ourselves. But it was only Totoma's death that would lead me here." A soft sigh escaped. "I've been here, oh, several months. I haven't been counting. Wanderers pass through from time to time but until recently, no one else wanted to stay." He glanced to his new friend now to see if his long story had put her to sleep. "I should be thanking you, not vice versa."
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

Winds of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change   Winds of Change EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:01 am

Just as Nako had listened to her tale, she intently listened to his. She tried to conjure up an image that would be able to fit his brother, mother and father's appearance but to no avail they couldn't be made up. So Heshima listened to her new partner's tale. Nako's father reminded Heshima of Scar, he had many mates and just wanted a place to call home. But it seemed that Nako's family had gained his father's good side as his mother was his most loyal and also favorite mate out of all of them. Heshima knew favoritism all too well with her own children and her former mate, seeing as she was only loyal to protect her cubs and she wasn't his favorite. No, Heshima wouldn't be queen of the Pridelands but she found refuge with Nako in the Ashlands, something that she was forever thankful for. The female's heart stopped momentarily when Nako mentioned his mother's death, no one should have to lose a mother than early on in life, but Heshima had experienced that exact same thing. It seemed as if Nako had been through it all, the death of his mother, a disappearing father, another death of his only other family? Heshima could somehow relate with everything he was saying. She would wait until he was finished with his story to comment on certain things, and then the tawny lion came to a close with his tale. He spoke of how it wasn't until recently that anyone wanted to stay in the Ashlands, and how he should be thanking her instead.

The female smiled and looked into her new friend's ruby eyes, "I would have been here sooner if I could Nako, maybe with my Tasa and Ari as well. You would have loved Ari I believe, she could charm her way into anyone's heart," The queen of the Ashlands couldn't believe that this was now her life, ruling a land along almost a complete stranger. It seemed surreal at times, but Heshima felt safe knowing that this lion that was twice her size actually cared about her and the pride. With Nako as king Heshima knew that almost no one would attack them, not even Scar's hyenas were stupid enough to go after a lion like him. But something irked Heshima about Nako's size, there was only one other lion in the world that she knew about who was that size and the thought crossed her mind for a moment. "Nako, did you ever know a lion named Kuzimu?" Should she really be telling him about the lion who had raped and attacked her? Well he'd find out soon enough. "I mentioned that Kifu was apart of my first litter, meaning I have a second. One that was unwanted and who are now living in the Shadowlands seeing as I couldn't provide for them. Nor did I want to," Heshima paused for a moment before continuing on, "I was out hunting for Kifu and his sisters when this lion named Kuzimu came and attacked me. He forced me down and one thing led to another. This was the only time that Scar showed any support for me, as he sent his hyenas to kill Kuzimu and they brought back proof he was dead,"

Heshima motioned with her paw a slight height difference, "He was around your size, maybe a tad shorter, but extremely large and powerful. He took down a whole elephant before he died. It's not that you remind me of him Nako, just your size does," Well that was sure to be a conversation killer right there and Heshima reverted back to Nako's story. "I can somehow relate with your story Nako. My father died when I was young, right after Scar took over since he was an opposing male. My mother tried to submit herself to Scar in order to protect me, but she was old and she was also killed off. I had a brother, he died right after we were born because he found the strength to wander outside the den. It isn't really like your story, but I still can relate about the loss of family," The queen smiled and placed her paw upon her new friend's, "But even though there was darkness in our past, at least we have each other now to keep company. It's been a long time since I've had a friend Nako, it seemed for a while that my only friends were my own children," The pale female had no idea that this lion might just become more than a friend, but for now she remained happily oblivious. She looked now over her kingdom once more, a new found sense of happiness and safety were installed inside the new monarch then. the Ashlands were a refuge for all it seemed, and she wouldn't have it any other way. Even if it might someday attract the wrong lion, she would be there with Nako to support his kingly decisions, as a team.
Back to top Go down
Nako

Nako

Winds of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change   Winds of Change EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Nako couldn't imagine anything more trafic than losing one's child, and he felt saddened that he would never have the chance to meet Ari, who was clearly beloved by her mother. The name Kuzimu didn't ring any bells in Nako's memory, and he shook his head no, that he didn't know the lion. As Heshima explained what had happened to her, that she had birthed a second undesired litter, Nako listened, and it took all of his self-control to keep from growling. His mother had always taught him to be respectful towards lionesses. He was well aware that not all males shared his attitude, and it still upset him to think of a lion taking advantage. His heart began to pound at an accelerated pace, and he could feel his blood growing hot. "You're certain he's dead?" He did find it curious that Heshima had been able to detach herself emotionally from her unwanted litter, and he wondered if she had any regrets or if she missed the cubs she had given up.

But Nako didn't blame Heshima for abandoning them, given the circumstances. He had a hard time believing that Kuzimu had been capable of taking down an elephant solo, and he shook his head. "I am sorry to hear all that you have suffered in the past. I can assure you, size is the only thing that brute Kuzimu and I have in common." A reassuring smile was offered, which spread across his strong muzzle as Heshima put her paw upon his own. His heartbeat quickened again, but it wasn't because he was angry, it was something entirely different and foreign to the lonely lion. The more he learned about his new friend, the more Nako felt compelled to protect not only Heshima but her son and daughters as well. The overall theme of loss and perseverance was there for both, having both lost their families at a young age, but Heshima's adult life was filled with tragedy that Nako had never experienced. She had been deceived, taken advantage of, and she had lost one of her own. And yet there she was, as strong as any lion that Nako had met.

Already, he felt he enjoyed her company immensely, and he nodded with enthusiasm when she spoke of friendship. "All I've had to keep me company were the clouds and the rocks, and conversations with them tend to be a little one-sided," he offered with a chuckle. "I have never had a mate or anything close to one," he said with a hint of shyness, and his fiery eyes averted to his paws. "No cubs, either. That's why I don't mind if Kifu is here, or if your daughters come to live here, as well. Without the younger ones, what hope do we have for a future beyond our own lives?" And perhaps someday, there would be more little ones roaming the ashy kingdom, but Nako wasn't so bold as to suggest it aloud. It was a wonder that Heshima trusted him at all, after her previous experiences with males. It seemed unfair that a devil like Kuzimu's legacy was safe, but a lion like Nako was left with uncertainty because he wasn't the type of lion to take what he wanted at the expense of others. A soft sigh parted his lips as he glanced back to the lioness at his side. "You're safe here, Heshi. Those awful things will never happen to you again, so long as I'm around."
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

Winds of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change   Winds of Change EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:07 pm

As Heshima told her story she found it hard not to break down into tears yet again. But as she talked about her two sons, about how she had sent them off to the Shadowlands she felt almost nothing. No remorse, no sadness, only the thought that they would have surely died when their mother was exiled if they had stayed in the Pridelands as originally planned. But now, from what Heshima had been told, they were being raised as princes in the Shadowlands which she didn't care for either. They were the spawn of the devil in her mind, they shouldn't be living at the moment either. Nako worriedly questioned if the queen was sure that this monster was dead and she nodded, "The hyenas brought back his tail and their bodies were covered with blood. I also think they proceeded to eat him, because that group that brought back his tail didn't want food for a few days," It was a gruesome story but Heshima felt it needed to be told. "Those cubs are having a better life than living with me Nako, I feel as if when I was exiled they would have been killed. I don't regret giving them up, I gave them a life that they wouldn't of had with me by doing so," The life of being a prince, the life of one day ruling a kingdom. Kiasi and Makosa wouldn't of had that life if they stayed with Heshima, and by the looks of her eldest of the litter when he stumbled into the Pridelands, they didn't know of their early fate.

The female nodded when Nako assured her that the only thing that the two shared were their size, meaning that the devil wasn't a long lost brother of the Ashland king. She mumbled, "Thank the kings," and was done with the conversation on Kuzimu. It would have been awkward to say the least, ruling alongside a member of the same blood that seemed to be of nightmares and the place where evil lions go. She knew that Scar was of the same breed, going to the same place upon his death whenever that may be. Scar, why was he still in her head? He had been so much of her past, almost everything about her revolved around him. But now it was time to let go of the past, make her former mate a distant memory and look towards the future to where it lay now undecided. Her and Kifu would live, they wouldn't die trying to thrive in the Pridelands. Kifu was happy here, Heshima could see that from when they first arrived and her son flopped down into the ash with her. And to know that for once he wouldn't have to be chosen to become the king? It sent pride through the mother of three's heart. The new queen looked up to the sky, shining bright blue over the dull, ashen lands. She smiled and nodded, thanking her mother mentally for telling her of the stories about the kingdom. When one looked to the sky they normally looked for the Great Kings, but Heshima felt that even common lions made their way up to the heavens and became stars, just ones that didn't shine as bright.

Heshima let out a long laugh when Nako mentioned that he had conversations with the clouds and rocks before muttering a quick sorry, becoming focused and composed yet again. The brute of a lion mentioned that he had never had a mate nor cubs, gracing the fact the Kifu was here for a legacy to hold on to, even if slight. Heshima averted her own violet eyes to her paws, they were ruling together as king and queen, it wouldn't be long now before the others in the pride started to suggest things. But the Lowlands had two queens who were the best of friends, no mate-hood involved there. The pale female had gone through a lot in her lifetime, she had been degraded by every male she came across except for her own family. And yet, she still felt compelled to trust Nako, he had done nothing wrong to her or her family in the day the two had come here and he seemed to want to give them the best time ever. Violet met ruby as Nako said her new nickname yet again, vowing that nothing would happen to her while he was around. Her heart raced at that point, she felt something inside of her that she never felt before. It was similar to when she faced Scar so many months ago, but yet it was stronger. But the female pushed it off and smiled, nodding her head again, "Thank you Nako, it means the world to me," In that moment Heshima felt nothing more than safety, nothing could touch her or do wrong. And at least for now, destiny would hold up and let her have her peace, give her time to heal. That was, until yet more tragedy would possibly strike.
Back to top Go down
Nako

Nako

Winds of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change   Winds of Change EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:07 pm

The lion seemed reassured when Heshima was certain Kuzimu was long dead, and he nodded, allowing himself to relax again. The idea that any lion could be so despicable, so disgusting.. But then, Nako knew that there were many such lions out there. Heshima seemed to have had poor luck in her past with shady, unsavory characters. He didn't think any less of his new friend when she spoke of the sons she had given up, for it sounded as if it was in the best interest of all involved for the cubs to be raised elsewhere. The subject caused the tawny lion to wax philosophical: "There are some lions that believe that everything that happens to us is random chaos. But if you're like me, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so, every encounter, every day is meaningful. I've always thought life happens to us a certain way for a reason. One does what one must to survive. From what I can see, you've done the best that you could do. You are a wonderful mother." And he smiled, feeling rather proud of the lioness that was his equal in their home. She had come a long way, and Nako was grateful that she had found her way to the Ashlands.

Was it fate, or was it chaos? Nako had already made up his mind that it was the former. He had needed a pride, and one had found him there. Now the old worries of loneliness and a legacy were no longer at the forefront of his thoughts. Instead, Nako imagined the Ashlands as they could be someday: full of new life. New trees would grow where their burst descendants now stood rotting. Prey animals would certainly return more steadily. Then there would be enough for everyone, perhaps even new cubs to add to their ranks. The imagery that Nako conjured up was so vivid he could almost see the green growth that would creep up from below the ashes, and a big pride down below Half-Peak. His smile widened as he was lost to his daydreams.... But it was just his imagination. The silvery ash almost seemed to reflect the brilliant blue sky, an optical illusion, and there were no other lions as far as the eye could see.

Reality wasn't half bad though, he figured. Nako could have spent the entire day just as he was in that moment, sitting quietly with his newfound queen. In fact, the brute felt so comfortable that he had no desire to move or the leave Heshima's side. His eyes met Heshima's again, and he smiled in his bright, unabashed way. "With your permission, I would like to work with Kifu. Teach him a few things. Hunting is different for us guys, and we may never be as useful as a lioness on the hunt, but we aren't completely hopeless. I'll keep an eye on him." He wasn't implying that Heshima was unable to teach her son how to hunt properly, but as a male, it was more of a challenge. Of course, Nako had kept himself along for this long, and judging by his sheer size and weight, it was obvious that the lion did not often go hungry.
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

Winds of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change   Winds of Change EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Seeing the relief that Kuzimu was dead on Nako's face made Heshima feel easier as well. As her new companion talked about how he felt life was meaningful, how everything happened for a reason, the scarred lioness took all of his sayings into thought. Was the reason that Ari died planned from the moment she was born? Did she die because Heshima saved Kifu at birth? Or was it meant to be so Scar would once again be punished for being the tyrant that he was. His words put Heshima into silence for a long while as she pondered everything, but then the king noted that she had been a wonderful mother, taking care of her cubs and even giving up ones that she knew would be better off living somewhere else. The female smiled and nodded, "Thank you Nako, I try my best. With my mother dying with me being only a cub, it's a wonder I ever got this far. But to think of it, Kifu's almost old enough to make me a grandmother if he wanted to. I think that is what scares me the most," Kifu and the rest of his litter were growing up fast, they were now all teenagers and soon those awkward days of childhood would be gone. They would be considered adults to the rest of the world, but who would be Heshima's first child to conceive? Would it be her only son of the litter Kifu, having a new leash on life here? Or, would be a long long daughter who had disappeared only two years before this? Only time would tell.

The Ashlands were considered a refuge in Heshima's mind, and now she was the queen of this refuge. It was funny, she was the queen of a large land that no one wanted, and she didn't even now every inch of it. She was sure that her russet ball of fur that was her son had already explored every crack and crevice of the ashen lands by now and was rolling around in the off-white substance that had been created by fires. From her trip through the Lowlands, it seemed that this wasn't the dry season around here so fires weren't something that the new queen would have to worry about yet. However, they would come soon, that she was positive of. And when she did she would act like a queen and make sure that everyone stayed inside the safety of the den and the area around it. It was obvious that many prey animals would die in the fire, but so was the Great Circle of Life. Even in a calamity such as a fire it was sure to take one life or another. It was yet again Nako who pulled her out of her thoughts and asked if he was able to train Kifu how to hunt. Heshima smiled and nodded, "His father wouldn't let me teach him, the only time I had to was when he was a very small cub and even I knew he wasn't old enough then. It was after his father gave me my scar that I was forbidden to train them for the hyenas often saw it that I was trying to escape and run off and away from the Pridelands," Such horrible memories, but that was her past, everything could only get better. Or worse.

"I would be honored if you would teach my son Nako, he needs an elder male in his life since most have betrayed him," Little did the lioness know that one day Nako might be considered as Kifu's step-father, but that wasn't going to be for a while. The pale female stood and stretched, feeling pleasure roar through her body as joints popped. With a sigh Heshima returned to laying back down on the precipice that jutted out from the ground similar to Pride Rock's. However there was no large wall behind them that held the dens, for that was all underneath them. Though their pride was small, Heshima knew that they would soon grow and be strong. They would be a family in both blood and loyalty, there would soon be little cubs, a new generation running around the ashen lands. Soon enough the plant life that had yet died off would be growing back and offer a small glimpse of how the great Ashlands were before the fires hit. Maybe if the pride stayed long enough then the fires would stop, and the Ashlands would have to be renamed. It was highly unlikely but the thought made Heshima smile and once again the pale lioness stood and smiled. She overlooked her kingdom and turned to Nako once more, "I think I should go see our kingdom, I'm sure Kifu has already found every little speck of ash and named them as well," A small chuckle was given before she motioned with her head, "You care to join me Nako?"
Back to top Go down
Nako

Nako

Winds of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change   Winds of Change EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:43 pm

He was a few years older than Heshima herself, but he had never fathered a single cub. Nako had never even come close to becoming a parent. The thought of the pale lioness with grandchildren was rather shocking, and Nako blinked repeatedly as he tried to imagine it. Kifu was still a teenager, but those awkward adolescent months wouldn’t last forever. ”You seem too young for that, but wouldn’t it be nice to see little ones running around here? Life without family is lonesome. The more the merrier, I say.” The words with tinged with sadness that Nako was unable to conceal. The dream of a family was only that for Nako— a dream. Since the loss of his brother, he had been alone. Months had passed since the last fire had ravished the ashen kingdom, claiming the life of Totoma, Nako’s only brother. He was the last surviving member of his clan, as far as Nako knew. What lion didn’t long for a legacy all his own? Nako’s father had attempted to create a large one. But Nako wasn’t like his father, who had collected a harem of willing lionesses to join his homeless pride and help to propagate the next generation. The females had all left him though, and all of the cubs died except for Nako and Totoma.

Of course, there were other males roaming the savannah that were less welcoming. There were many who would simply take what they could get, even if the female wasn’t interested in becoming a mother. This was unconscionable to Nako. His mother had taught him better than that, and he respected females as much as he did other males. The news that Heshima’s facial scar had been given to her by her old mate, the father of her cubs and her former king, was infuriating to Nako. His crimson eyes narrowed on the pink blemish, and his body trembled with outrage. How could a lion do such a thing? He understood that Kifu and his sisters had not been created in a moment of love or even true desire. He felt a pang of sympathy for the younger generation. How could Scar let Heshima and his son leave? The fool obviously didn’t know what he had, and hopefully he would not realize now what he was missing. While Scar believed Kifu to be a failure and a weakling, Nako saw great potential in the lad. Even if the russet prince would never be huge or intimidating, this did not mean he was lacking in the ability to lead. Being a king was more than just being the strongest around. Nako would make a point of stressing this to young Kifu, whose self-confidence had likely suffered under his father’s cruelty. He would make a king out of the forgotten prince of the Pridelands, even if the blood that coursed through their veins was not the same.

He watched as his new queen rose, ready to do some exploring of her own. When she invited him to come along, he smiled. ”Sure, Heshi.” The hulking male pushed himself up to his feet. He chuckled to himself as he stepped by Heshima, noting how petite she looked by comparison. ”There are so many little canyons around here, it’s possible to discover something entirely new around here. I’ve named a few places, but not all of them.” Since finding the territory, Nako had had ample time to explore. He already knew every water source, even every shade tree that remained after the wildfires. So he would let Heshima lead the way, travel to the places that intrigued her, and he would simply tag along and keep her company. Already, he found that he enjoyed having someone to talk to, and he enjoyed her presence. This could easily have been chalked up to the fact that Nako had spent so much time alone, but then again, it could have been the beginnings of something unexpected and wonderful. ”After you, my queen,” he said with an attempt at aristocracy in his voice that made him laugh heartily. He even gave a short, half bow along with a playful wink. ”Lead the way!”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winds of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winds of Change   Winds of Change Empty

Back to top Go down

Winds of Change
Page 1 of 1