HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
Short Reprieve EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
Short Reprieve EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
Short Reprieve EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
Short Reprieve EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
Short Reprieve EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
Short Reprieve EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
Short Reprieve EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
Short Reprieve EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
Short Reprieve EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Short Reprieve

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jabari

Jabari

Pride Points : 442160

Short Reprieve Empty
PostSubject: Short Reprieve   Short Reprieve EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:12 am

[[This is to take place before the time skip, during Jabari's visit to the Lowlands!]]

The dark cub from the mountains had been in his mother's home for several hours now, and already he had encountered his long lost brother Upendo. His mother had not yet found him, or vice versa, and Jabari wasn't certain he wanted to be found by Shani anyway. He kept his violet eyes peeled for his sisters instead. The last time he had seen them, their eyes were filled with tears – of fear, of sadness, because of what their father had come to do. Upendo still harbored ill feelings for the lion that had fathered the large litter, which pleased Jabari, whose own bitterness seemed to grow along with the rest of the lanky youngster. But what would his sisters think of Shinkizo now? Would they even remember their distant brothers?

It drove Jabari crazy that his father so often plagued his daily thoughts. The beauty of the jungle was a nice distraction for the time being though, and he breathed in the rich, earthy scents that reminded him of a happier, freer time in his life. It felt as if years had passed since his departure from the Lowlands, though that was not true and he was still young. Jabari had grown, though. His sprout of a mane made him proud, and he was certain he would be big and strong someday, despite his father. He sat beside the edge of the stream, peering down at his reflection curiously. A paw rose to brush at his mane, which was still caked with mud after his encounter with Upendo, and he gave a little laugh at his own image. He was a mess, and Jabari loved to see it.
Back to top Go down
Sakina

Sakina

Pride Points : 439608

Short Reprieve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Reprieve   Short Reprieve EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:17 am

Sakina was growing too, just like her brothers and Nyima. She was headed toward the stream in order to get a drink when a familiar scent crossed her nose. She froze with a paw in the air from mid-step before slowly moving forward. The sound of the stream echoed in her ears as she looked through the brush to see the familiar face of her brother. Immediately a smile crossed her maw as she sprang out, "Jabari! Is that really you!?" She said excitedly. Of course it was her brother! She was just so surprised she had to say that. It felt like it had been forever since she had seen her brother Jabari. She well remembered the day he was taken away. It was one of the most frightening days of her life. Well, now her brother was here and she was still very surprised. "What are you doing here? Not that I'm complaining, but I'm just surprised! But I am glad to see you!" She said as she moved to pounce on her brother to try to give him a 'hug'. Where was her mother? Maybe she should go get her or Malaika? Sakina was not sure. She knew right now she just needed spend some quality time with her brother. Where was Ziko? She wanted to see him too, since she was rarely going to get to see her brothers.
Back to top Go down
Jabari

Jabari

Pride Points : 442160

Short Reprieve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Reprieve   Short Reprieve EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:20 pm

Ears flicked forward at the sound of footsteps in the jungle, and he readied himself for an attack. The Lowlands were a relatively safe place though, and it turned out to be none other than his sister, Sakina. His normally gloomy demeanor changed instantly. "Sakina!" He even allowed the female cub to pounce him without complaint. "Ziko and I came back to visit. Probably not for very long, but it's better than nothing, huh?" From the look of her, Sakina appeared to be healthy, and Jabari felt a deep sense of relief. He would feel even better if Malaika made her appearance, but he would have to keep looking for the last of his jungle-residing siblings.

Jabari had a low opinion of most females, but his sisters were not included in the ranks of the weak lionesses he had no respect for. It was yet to be seen if Jabari would find his mother while visiting in the jungle - though at the end of the day, Shani would not have bothered to find her returning sun, instead spending their precious time in the Lowlands reconnecting with her so-called mate, Shinikizo. Jabari would never know if Shani had tried to find him, or if she didn't care enough to see her dark son. In any case, this would be the trio of Coldlander's last visit to the jungle, and there was no telling when brother and sister would see each other again. For now, Jabari seemed pleased, and he pulled himself up to sit. "We're okay in the mountains, I guess. Our father tries to train me, but I don't let him," he announced with a defiant grin.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Short Reprieve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Reprieve   Short Reprieve Empty

Back to top Go down

Short Reprieve
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TLK: Dark Horizon :: Everything The Light Touches :: Lowlands :: Mwezi Meadow-
Jump to: