HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
Familiar Territory EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
Familiar Territory EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
Familiar Territory EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
Familiar Territory EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
Familiar Territory EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
Familiar Territory EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
Familiar Territory EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
Familiar Territory EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
Familiar Territory EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Familiar Territory

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:35 am

Days had passed since the desert cat left her home and her pride. She had taken a rest during the hottest part of the day before continuing on her trek, but her journey seemed neverending. It took some time to travel from the desert to the Outlands, even though she maintained a steady pace, with no companions to slow her down. The land looked exactly as she remembered it, though it had been some time since she last tread the barren ground. But her memories served her well, guiding her along as the sun began to dip in the sky. In a few hours, it would be dark, but Lani could sense she was very close to her destination, and she wasn't about to give up now.

As if she was reliving her past, she found the little den that her old friend had created himself. It was Kiume that first showed it to her. Ashen nostrils flared as she sniffed around the entrance, and a smile appeared instantly. In spite of the time that had passed, the scent of Kiume was immediately recognized. But there were other smells mingling with his familiar scent, others that had come to the same place. Now, she pondered the likelihood of the lion recognizing her at all. Life had gone on for both of them, there was no telling what his life was like now. She would be grateful to learn that he was still alive at all.
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:56 pm

((OOC: .3. Mind if I join in? Very Happy))
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:31 pm

[Fine by me! Kiume can pop in at a later point.]
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:11 pm

((Ah. Last time I RPed Kuona she was in the den where Kiume had allowed her to stay. Should I leave here in there? xD))
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:01 pm

[sure, Lani is just sniffing around there!]
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Kuona, who was laying in the den, rose, hearing someone. She quickly padded to the entrance; there were two lions who it could be; Kiume or Max. It was probably Kiume, who had forgotten something. "Kiume?" she called quietly, but she soon found the scent was not of the golden lion, but a strange lioness.
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 4:56 am

The pale lioness sensed that she was not alone as she came closer to the den, and she hesitated before approaching the spot. Then, another lioness appeared from within the small shelter, and Ilani's eyebrows shot up in concern. She had never seen the other female before, but instantly assumed that she was a friend of Kiume. It was his den, after all, he wouldn't be showing it to just anyone. A pang of nervousness washed through her as Kuona, and the single word she uttered confirmed Lani's suspicions.

Clearing her throat the alert her of her presence, Lani kept her distance from the unknown lioness.
"It's not Kiume, but I am looking for him, if you wouldn't mind. My name is Lani, we were friends once." Smaller than the average lioness, Ilani had no intentions of fighting the stranger, and hoped that feeling would be mutual. Now she quietly eyed Kuona, making not of her strange markings and mis-matched eyes. Perhaps this was the lioness Kiume had found to settle down with? The idea rather disappointed Lani, but she said nothing further.
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Flicking an ear, Kuona padded into the light where she could be seen. In the light, the lioness was now fully visible; dark markings, blinded eye, and her small physique. "Ah. Kiume has returned to his pride for the night." the small lioness said softly. Due to her now confirmed pregnancy, she looked almost of normal weight....but then, her stomach was more rounded though still small; a giveaway sign of early pregnancy. "Kiume and I are good friends, you see." she chuckled lightly. "I'll be with the pride tomorrow, if you would like to visit him then along with me."

Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 4:37 pm

As the stranger came into the light, Lani took notice of how one eye appeared to be blind, but made no attempt to inquire about the disability. It would be rude, after all, and the darker lioness had not even offered her name yet. Lani visibly perked at the mention of her old friend's name, but Kuona's words were easily misconstrued. Now, the desert cat suspected that Kiume had indeed chosen a mate, and this was the lioness he loved. It was then that she realized the lioness was expecting, by the look of her swelling belly.

Kuona's innocent comments and delicate state only seemed to dampen the spirits of the other, and she tried her hardest to hide her disappointment. Instead, she feigned a smile, nodding in agreement. She had come this far, there was no point in turning around now without seeing the male.
"I see. Are you an Outlander, as well?" Ilani had not yet guessed that her old friend had risen in the ranks to become the king. Finally, she stepped closer to the other lioness, since the other was clearly in no condition to fight, even if she desired to.
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:09 pm

"To be, yes. Originally rogue, now I've been given reason to stay."she said, flicking her tail and slowly moving to a sitting position. she said, slowly going to a sitting position. She took in the newcomers appearance; light ashen grey pelt, fringe and blue eyes. "My name is Kuona. What's your name?" she asked, commencing introductions. The lioness had not many socializing moments, mostly just with Kiume and Max. She wondered if the lion knew of her pregnancy. Max would have probably told him.

Again the lioness took in the others features; she was pretty, and so far seemed to be well-mannered and polite...unlike herself. She eventually decided she may attempt to befriend this lioness; a little bit of entertainment as she was now tied down to the pride. Hopefully the events would turn interesting, with the rash conclusion that she and this lioness were opposites.
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Once Lani felt she was a respectable distance from the barely known lioness, she sat down slowly, tail curling around her form. For a lingering minute, she said nothing, idly nodding in response to Kuona's comment about having a reason to stay. Her blue eyes slipped curiously to Kuona's sides again, and she wondered how long ago it had happened, still assuming Kiume had a role in the situation. Before she had the opportunity to inquire, Kuona introduced herself, and Lani seemed to snap out of her daze.

"My name is Ilani, but my friends call my Lani. At least, they did when I had them." A brief pause interrupted her story as Lani wondered if it was safe to say more, but she sensed no malice on the part of the other, so she didn't see the harm in sharing. "I was a member of the desert pride, but I left because..." Her words tapered off as the fair lioness wondered briefly what it was exactly that had caused her to leave, but she couldn't think of a good enough excuse. Boredom was an issue for lions and lionesses her age, and the urge to wander was not uncommon, but there was a slight feeling of guilt for having abandoned her pride. She couldn't admit that searching for Kiume was a part of her decision, not to this lioness who could very possibly be carrying his offspring. A weak smile was offered as her gaze fell to the ground, away from the expectant lioness. "I don't know anymore, to be honest."
Back to top Go down
Kiume

Kiume

Pride Points : 450536

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 11:07 am

(OOC: Mind if I pop in guys? xD)

Adrenaline soared through the king as he raced to the spot that he discovered as an adolescent. From what Max had told him, Kuona was with cub, and Kiume felt awful for not having her be with the rest of the pride. She needed to be with the father of the cubs, not alone miles away in an almost forgotten den. His mane flew as he sprinted, brushing against his scar and made it tingle slightly. Odd, his scar hadn't been tingly since two months after he received it... Was it a sign?

Finally Kiume's sprinting payed off and he spotted Kuona, almost out of breath, he stopped right next to her and almost chastised her, but kept his cool, "Kuona, why didn't you tell me you and Maximus were expectin-" But he was cut off, there was another lioness among the two, Kiume turned and nodded with his eyes closed, "Sorry miss, I'll be just a-" But the king was caught off again when he opened his eyes and caught a glance at the female in front of him.

Dusty, an almost silver pelt graced the lioness. A tuft of fur hang from her head, a sort of bangs if one will. A grey, dusty nose and tail, matching almost pure white underbelly, muzzle and paws. The darker marking upon her nose, and the bright cerulean eyes that he had fallen for years ago. She had grown up slightly, and Kiume was astonished to see her again. Almost like a cub, he questioned if she was really there with a smile, "L-Lani?"
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:33 pm

She listened to the other lioness, flicking an ear. She nodded slightly. "I left mine due to rogue lineage; had to urge to move...and you can count me a friend, or acquaintance." she chuckled lightly, then looked to Kiume as she heard him arrive. She saw the look in his eye when he looked at Ilani. The lioness purred lightly, padding to his side. "Your new Queen, eh?" she whispered, grinning. "Make a fine one, she would.

She knew the topic on which he was originally here to discuss would be, so she tried to veer away from it; a new Queen for her closest friend would be wonderful, better if he truly loved her. She would hope the lioness returned the assumed affections, and so if she and Ilani were to join the pride, Kuona would strongly encourage, whenever possible, for the lioness to spend more time with Kiume, and tell the King in turn great things about her; things that would make her good Queen material.
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:37 am

A broad smile appeared as Kuona spoke, for Lani could relate to the feelings of wanderlust. Many young lions and lionesses left their prides to venture off, with a spirit of adventure. Then, the golden form of a male appeared. Her blue eyes went wide in obvious surprise to see Kiume again, though her astonishment couldn't have been as great as his. He was fully grown now, but she recognized him instantly, moments before he realized who she was. The last time she had seen him, his light brown mane was still growing in, but now it was thick. He was taller, his muscles well-toned. The look on his face was frankly adorable, and Lani would have pounced him playfully had the other lioness not been present. She resisted the urge for now, but then something registered in her mind: Kiume had mentioned another male, the father of Kuona's cubs. Lani's heart leapt to her throat at the news. This was not Kiume's mate, after all.

Unable to hear what Kuona whispered to Kiume, the former Desertlander still had not guessed that her old friend had risen in the ranks since their last meeting. Finally, after Kiume had a minute to register his shock, Lani slid over to him, her head slipping beneath his chin as she nuzzled him softly.
"I wish you could have seen your face. I'm glad that you still remember me, Kiume." Though she was certain that he would, it was a relief to know she hadn't come this far for no reason. "I've left the desert pride. For good, this time." She then stepped back to get another look at him. He was exactly as she remembered in her mind's eye, only bigger, more mature. Even his pink scar brought back memories. It seemed like a dream rather than waking life.
Back to top Go down
Kiume

Kiume

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:34 pm

A blush would have been spread upon the king's face if it was possible at Kuona's words, and even he stammered at the thought. He would love if Lani would become his queen, for he had fallen for her in his teen years. "K-Kuona!" And then, Kiume's heart pounded as his long-lost friend nuzzled him underneath his chin to which he returned compassionately. His face was called adorable and a smile was plastered on his face, but then came the biggest shock that he'd had heard in a while.

She had left the Desertlanders? His eyes widened, there was no doubt about it, both of them were staying with the pride from now on. Kiume stood tall on his paws and took on his kingly voice that he rarely used. It was soothing to the pride, it reminded everyone of Mufasa but he knew that he would never be Mufasa, the closest one to come to Mufasa would be Simba; and he was dead.

"That's it, you're both staying with the pride tonight, you have no say in the matter because you are in my lands," A smile was kept on his face as he said this, realizing in that moment that his long-lost friend did not know of his rise to power, because last time she was in the Outlands, he was only an adolescent, the protector of the lands. But he knew one this was for sure...

It would sure be hectic when he got home...
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Kuona purred as she watched the two reunite. She listened as he spoke with the kingly voice. "Oh, of course, your majesty." she chuckled, still standing next to him. She would love if she could keep up with making him flushed and embarrassed, especially as Ilani would not know why. She flicked an ear, smirking. She once again muttered to him. "Bet you can't wait to get her in your den." she chuckled. "...Joke." she then murmered lightly, padding out from the den. Well, this would be a surprise for the pride.

((Sorry for short post, I'm being distracted ^^Wink)
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:08 am

There were two comments that caught Ilani completely off-guard as she listened to the others speak. Kiume first insisted that both lionesses would be staying the night in his lands, and then Kuona regarded the male as your majesty. Azure eyes flickered between Kiume and Kuona, trying to detect any sarcasm or joking in their comments. "Your majesty? Does this mean..."

The news was stunning, and Lani appeared unable to process the words. Her mouth fell ajar in obvious shock, and her gaze finally halted on Kiume's as the other lioness plodded away, leaving the two to catch up on lost time. Lani knew Kiume had always been proud of his home in the Outlands, a fierce defender of the pride, so his ascension was not unbelievable to her. She remained speechless as she looked into Kiume's orange eyes. They had always seemed so gentle to her, as if he would never harm a single hair on her body, but she knew he had been capable of helping his pride, even then. Now he was an adult, and he was the king?
"How..?"

She had wondered what the moment would be like when the two found each other again, but this was something she certainly hadn't anticipated. Still, it was a relief to discover that no romance existed between Kuona and Kiume, and Lani couldn't have wiped the smile off her face if she tried. Still, the news made her nervous, somehow. Being a king meant many responsibilities, as well as many hazards.
Back to top Go down
Kiume

Kiume

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:32 pm

The words of Kuona caught Kiume off guard, almost making him dislike his friend, but it was all just a joke, wasn't it? The lioness padded off and Kiume looked to his old friend, completely ignoring the questions asked. He nuzzled her slightly and motioned his head towards the way of the termite mounds where his pride called home for years. "Come, we'll talk on the way home,"

Happiness, that was the emotion that flew through Kiume and it was clearly visible on his face. But he guessed that the truth had to come out and he slowed down his padding, even if the two had just taken off. He wanted to spend as much time with Lani as he could before the pride ruined the peace. "Denali had no cubs, no heirs," Kiume started, referring to his old deceased king. "The hyena attack that gave me my scar, his wounds were bad, they healed, but not properly.."

The king trailed off, it was still a sore subject, Denali was his mentor, more like a father to him in any way possible. "An infection, small but powerful plagued him, he knew of his oncoming death, but he trained me to take his place, for surprisingly he trusted me the most out of any of our pride, saying that I would protect the lands from any mangy poachers that would step unto our land," A chuckle emerged from his muzzle and a small smile graced his features. He looked into the bright cerulean eyes of Lani and smiled,

"I really missed you Lani,"
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:10 pm

Home. The word struck Lani as poignant, and she mused over the concept as the two began to walk towards the Outlander's den. The desert kingdom had always been tolerable to the pale lioness, who didn't mind the heat and the lack of water. She seemed adept at handling extreme conditions, from drought to famine, and the circumstances in the Outlands were not very different. She couldn't stop the wide smile gracing her delicate features. Being near Kiume again felt more like home than the desert ever had, and she beamed as the pair plodded along sowly.

She had always known Kiume would grow up to be an impressive lion, but the story of Denali's demise was unexpected. She remembered the old king, vaguely. But it was too much to imagine Kiume as the king of his own territory. Her smile vanishes as he explains, her gaze remaining fixed on her old friend.
"I don't know what to say. I'm stunned. I mean, I don't think you're unworthy of the title, but..." Her words trailed off, unable to finish her thoughts. Her head was reeling. She had never been the type to aspire to be anything more than she already was, and she couldn't imagine the responsibility to accompanied such a high title.

Then Kiume said that he had missed her. She could feel her face flushing, and her smile returned instantaneously.
"I half expected you wouldn't remember me at all. I should have known better, though." With Kuona now safely out of sight, Lani finally felt comfortable to do as she pleased. She froze for a brief moment, a mischievous grin playing across her muzzle. Then, without warning, she sprang for Kiume in a playful pounce. She was much smaller than he was, especially now that he had reached full maturity, but she attempted to pin him down to the parched ground. A gentle sound emanated from the throat of the lioness, the cross between a purr and a teasing growl. It still didn't feel real, for she had dreamt of this moment when she had returned to the desert. She pushed the knowledge of his title out of her mind, because she still was not certain how to process the news. "I thought about you often and wondered what had become of you."
Back to top Go down
Kiume

Kiume

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:35 pm

Kiume nodded at Lani's statement, "Honestly, I don't think I'm worthy. There were so many other lions, so many other candidates, heck, Denali could have even mated before he died to produce an heir!" His concerns about an heir were starting to slip through, the Outlanders and their royal family were fated with death daily. If anything, Kiume needed an heir, whether he liked it or not. But then a thought crossed through his mind, but he quickly shrugged it off, he couldn't do that to Lani, she had just returned too.

"I-I will never be as much as a king than Denali was, I'm just a shadow on the royal family, but of course there is no lineage unless I start one." The king grew silent, that was until Lani noted that she thought he'd forget about her. Kiume looked into her eyes a soft, almost inaudible, "No, never," escaped his muzzle. The king wasn't that much of a romantic, but he felt that it was right and it would do good to put a smile on his friend's face. Kiume turned his head and looked to see Kuona just visible over the horizon, maybe the smell of Maximus was leading her to the den.

But then he was brought abruptly to the ground by Lani, the wind knocked out of him for a good second before he realized what had happened. The king landed on his back, pinned down underneath the smaller lioness, much to his surprise. Lani had wondered about him, not to say that Kiume didn't do the same. He was at a loss for words but decided to nuzzle his friend underneath her chin lovingly for a few moments. But what he did after was inconceivable; he licked her cheek. It was soft, and it was the spur of the moment. A small smile crossed Kiume's muzzle and he stammered out a "Sorry," as he looked left to the ground, embarrassed for what he had just done.
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 7:36 pm

Ilani was quiet as Kiume explained further. For a second, the former desert lioness wondered why Denali had never chosen a mate, or at least produced a litter with one of the Outlander females. Then, it occurred to her that Kiume could easily have chosen a mate already. What lioness wouldn't want him, if not only for his title? But that was the thing that made Lani most uneasy. She had no trouble envisioning her old friend as the monarch of his own pride, even shaking her head when Kiume mentioned that we was less than worthy. "Denali chose you for a reason, Kiume. He must have seen in you what I did back then. I always felt safe when you were near."

However, Lani didn't want to worry about kings or lineages right now. She had traveled for days for this reunion and would allow nothing to spoil her soaring mood. Kiume seemed surprised by Lani's sneak attack, and a triumphant smile appeared as she gazed down at him. Then, he did something unexpected: he gave an affectionate nuzzle, followed by a lick to her cheek. He quickly stammered an apology, but Lani dismissed it without another word. She lowered her petite body so that she was laying on top of Kiume, just in case he became too embarrassed and tried to duck away. She returned the lick with one of her own, to his cheek, and she touched her ashen nose to his delicately. Now, a thousand thoughts bombarded her mind, all the words she had wished to speak to him when she was still so far away. But with Kiume so close, the lioness found herself speechless, unable to express the happiness she felt now in his presence once again. She looked into his ochre eyes, simply smiling down at him rather than attempting to ruin the perfection of the moment with useless words

A soft purr rumbled in her throat as she finally allowed herself to roll off of the line, instead settling in beside him. She buried her face into his thick mane, allowing his scent to fill her senses, which caused the volume of her purr to increase. Finally, after several minutes of silence, she spoke, voice hushed. There was something she had to know.
"Have you found a lioness for yourself yet?"
Back to top Go down
Kiume

Kiume

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:52 pm

The words his friend spoke were true, Denali had to have chosen him for a reason. The cubs seemed to always feel safe when the king was around, even the elder lionesses did as well. But right now, Kiume didn't care about the pride, all he cared about was Lani, his friend, the lioness that he had fallen for so many years ago, only to find her back in his arms again. Well, technically that is. The ashen female returned his lick and also pressed her nasal against his own, the male sighing and smiling at the affectionate contact. It was something that the lionesses in the pride did not offer him, and now he was grateful that they didn't. He might not have had the chance to experience this.

But then, Lani asked a difficult question for him to answer. The answer was obvious however, but the execution of said answer was difficult. Silence struck the king and he rolled over, his back facing the lioness. He wanted nothing more than to claim Lani as his own, but how could he tell her that? Kiume wasn't much of a romantic, but an idea formed into his head. A smile made it's way onto the king's face and he stood up and faced Lani. He lowered his head down and whispered into her ear,

"I'm looking at her, that is, if you'll have me,"
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:11 am

As Kiume's voice replied, the pale lioness became very silent. Her emotions were running wild, and she didn't know how to respond. She had come so far and given up so much to be in the Outlands, but she had never imagined what it would mean to return to Kiume. Ilani was the unwanted offspring of rogues, adopted out of pity by the Desertlanders when her parents had been killed by the same lions. As far as natural talents, she had little to offer, for her small stature made her an inept hunter. In a fight, her size made her an easy target. In all, she wasn't the stuff queens were made of, and a sad sigh parted her lips at the realization.

Pale blue eyes averted from Kiume's gaze, down to her snowy white paws.
"I want to stay with you, but how can I..." Her words trailed off as she looked back up again. She didn't want to hurt Kiume's feelings, and she certainly didn't want to say no, but what would the Outlanders say about the newcomer? It was doubtful any of the others would remember her. She intended to stay as long as Kiume remained in the territory, but now she doubted she deserved the lion who had become a king. Her head hung low, and her mess of bangs obscured her vision. "How will your pride feel? I'm no one."
Back to top Go down
Kiume

Kiume

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:45 pm

His heart twinged, he knew what was coming. Rejection, she would stay but wouldn't be his. That was the worst-case scenario in the king's mind, but he had to do something about it. The lioness was clearly distraught, her emotions raging and fighting each other. Kiume had seen it in so many lionesses before him that he was almost used to it, and he was lucky to be a male. But then, Lani asked what would the pride think of her, Kiume closed his eyes and sighed slightly. Finally after a moment, he reopened them, and spoke in a soft voice.

"Ilani," that was the first time Kiume had ever used her full name, it seemed to slip off the tongue rougher than 'Lani' so he would stick with her nickname. "my pride's thoughts about you do not deter from your choice. They may like you, they may not. But," he paused, letting his words sink in momentarily, "I am the king, my word stands and my pride will follow it whether they want to or not." Kiume looked over his friend, emotions were starting to swell in him, but were they just his hormones or the true emotions that he had harbored all these years?

The golden lion lay down next to the female, placing his paw on her stomach and caressing it gently. He nuzzled her neck and used his mane to push her bangs out form the way of her eyes. "That's better," he whispered almost inaudibly to himself, as he gazed into the bright cerulean eyes of Lani. Finally, he brought up the courage to say another sentence, "Lani, you are not no one, you are someone, and honestly, my everyone." A small lick was given to her forehead and he moved his head closer to her ear. Finally, he whispered,

"Besides, you'll have no regrets,"
Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Ilani just couldn't find the nerve to meet Kiume's eyes again as he spoke. He had uttered her full name, though it had been her moniker since birth, most of the Desertlanders had known her simply as Lani. It was a cruel word in Swahili, one that the small lioness had always felt she deserved: "curse" Not even her own mother had cherished the cub, love was simply a term she heard others whisper to one another, but never to the little orphan. Her heart felt as if it would leap out of her throat if she opened her mouth now, and so she remained silent as Kiume spoke in gentle tones.

She took solace in his affirmations that the pride's opinion wasn't important, though the idea of introductions still made her feel nervous. Kiume had never given her a reason to doubt him or herself, and there was a power behind his voice that half surprised the pale lioness. Now that the shock of the situation had worn off, Lani could easily see why Kiume had become the king. He hadn't been born into royalty, but he was every bit the monarch in his maturity, with a regal air that he had acquired since their last encounters.

His words seemed to sooth Lani's nerves, and her rumbling purrs resumed as she felt his paw touching her pale belly. No regrets, she repeated inwardly, a content smile crossing her muzzle after her forehead was licked.
"Kiume."She purred his name as she pressed her form against his body. "I love you." The words felt strange on her tongue, but in her heart and in her mind, she knew it was right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Familiar Territory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Territory   Familiar Territory Empty

Back to top Go down

Familiar Territory
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next