HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
Boys Will Be Boys EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
Boys Will Be Boys EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
Boys Will Be Boys EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
Boys Will Be Boys EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
Boys Will Be Boys EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
Boys Will Be Boys EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
Boys Will Be Boys EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
Boys Will Be Boys EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
Boys Will Be Boys EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Boys Will Be Boys

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jabari

Jabari

Pride Points : 442260

Boys Will Be Boys Empty
PostSubject: Boys Will Be Boys   Boys Will Be Boys EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 7:32 pm

The dark cub of the Coldlands had increasingly enjoyed solitude since his father's death. Jabari tended to be less playful now, more serious, and newly determined. When there was a kill, Jabari was greedy and took what he could get. How else could he grow big and strong? He had little remorse, and seemed to dislike the majority of his pride mates, with the exception of his brother, the prince, and occasionally Ismahel. It was said that Shinikizo had died protecting Ismahel, but Jabari didn't know what to make of the story, or of his king. Near the hunting grounds that day, Jabari had been scouting for prey, though he had never been taught to hunt. He was hidden in the dirt, pelt blending in with the moist ground where the snow had melted. Green shoots, the beginnings of some wildflowers, were crushed purposefully beneath his paws before they had a chance to bloom as he waited for something of interest to come along.

A scent caught his attention. It certainly didn't smell like Ziko or Sakitu, or any of the older lions that lived in the mountains. With a suspicious expression, Jabari began his hunt, sniffing along the trail in the direction the newcomer had traveled. A huge boulder obscured the path before him, so he climbed to the top to get a better perspective. The hair on the back of his neck was standing up and a growl rumbled in his throat at the thought of a trespasser in his home. One would be wise not to make their presence known when in doubt, but Jabari felt a false sense of over-confidence when in the Coldlands. His eyes were still darting about , and he craned his neck to get a better look as he called out, "Stop! Who's out there? Make your presence known!"

Now it had dawned on the youngster that whoever he was following could easily be much larger than himself, but he was still unafraid. Jabari was a talented tree climber, and he could go further up a tree than an older, larger lion. Regardless, from his location atop the boulder, he could see the one sight that was hard to escape in the mountains: snow, in every direction, and dead trees whose twisted limbs reached for the sky like fingers.
Back to top Go down
Kiasi

Kiasi

Pride Points : 442242

Boys Will Be Boys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boys Will Be Boys   Boys Will Be Boys EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Despite already being caught once sneaking around in someone elses territory Kiasi was at it again, this time he'd ventured into the mountains, fascinated by the stories of snow and ice. He might have been reckless but he wasn't stupid so this time he was much more careful to cover his tracks in the white powder, even if he couldn't cover his scent he did try to roll in some snow to cover it, he wasn't sure that would work but at least he tried. He hadn't mentioned anything about the female he'd met to his father and he didn't plan on it, at least not right now, Ni would likely be furious with him and he didn't want that.

For now he let his worries go and bounded through the snow with laughs, some of it balled up painfully in his paws but it was easy to get out with a few shakes of his legs and so he didn't mind it so much. So far he was liking the Coldlands, they were fun, but he wouldn't want to live here all the time it was far too cold for it to be comfortable for a long period of time. He bounded further into the expanse of white, so far that all around him all he could see was white that seemed to go on forever until it met the horizon with only dead and gnarled trees to break it's pristine and unmarred surface.

He crouched down intending to jump when he spotted something on a rock that kept him crouched. The spot of mud brown on top of the white capped rock froze him as he studied it, it was another cub, another pair of purple eyes gazed out over the snowy fields and Kiasi had to wonder just how common those eyes were or if it was just his luck to meet bad tempered amethyst eyed lions lately. He could tell the cub was bad tempered by the way he shouted out but this seemed to be a typical response of everyone he'd met when encountering a stranger in their lands, he wondered why Ni was so different. Maybe they weren't as kind as his dad was, that had to be it.

Kiasi had the choice of running for the border or sticking around and he thought on it hard but there was really only one choice and he stood confidently raising his head but keeping his position a little ways from the rock so the mud brown cub couldn't pounce on him if he really was hostile. Kiasi had been in enough play fights to know he had to keep his back guarded from an opponent so he kept his blazing orange eyes fixed on the cub after a few furtive looks around for anyone else but he seemed to be alone. "Calm down it's not like I'm hurting anything!" he yelled back at the cub and rolled his eyes, he had only been pouncing around in the snow, he wasn't even near the pride. Or so he thought.
Back to top Go down
Jabari

Jabari

Boys Will Be Boys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boys Will Be Boys   Boys Will Be Boys EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:13 am

The sound of an unfamiliar voice nearby surprised Jabari, and he wheeled around to see the other cub staring up at him from ground level, unashamed. His ears folded back in annoyance for not spotting the intruder first. He glared down at the other. "But that doesn't give you the right to trespass. Who are you? You're not a Coldlander," he called down. "Imagine if I were a bigger lion, the trouble you'd be in after I caught you. I could have gobbled you up by now." A wide, toothy grin was offered.

Jabari half jumped, half fell from the height of the boulder, lacking any sense of grace. Once his paws were on the firm ground, he remained planted at the bottom of the boulder. His stance was meant to be threatening, but he was still too young to be terribly intimidating. The safe distance between the two was maintained. Jabari had no desire to get any closer to the other male. The darker cub was months older, and not necessarily afraid to get into a fight, but curiosity about the stranger beat out any violent urges for the time being.

"Who are you?" He questioned again, now that the two were on an even level. His violet eyes were still narrowed. The other male looked clean and healthy, and Jabari guessed immediately that he was a pride lion and not a rogue. Rogues were fascinating to Jabari, while lions from other prides were not to be trusted. The Coldlander kingdom was not his to inherit or rule, but he still felt a need to protect the territory. It was instinct to guard that which he called home. "You're in the Coldlands now, where you don't belong. What are you doing here?"
Back to top Go down
Kiasi

Kiasi

Boys Will Be Boys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boys Will Be Boys   Boys Will Be Boys EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:30 am

Kiasi thought it was silly that these other lions were so touchy about a mere cub wandering into their lands, he couldn't take any food from them that was worth bringing to the pride so what was the big deal. He'd have to ask his father, subtly of course, he didn't need Ni finding out about his frequent adventures now or he might just find himself stuck under his mothers watchful gaze at all times. Kiasi snorted when the other larger cub warned him that if he'd been larger he could have gobbled him up and smirked, that wasn't a new concept to Kiasi, the lioness had said the same thing to him but she hadn't done it.

He grinned back and his tail flicked, "You'd have to catch me first besides if you were a big lion I could have snuck away before you saw me" he said smugly, he was fast for a cub, probably all the running and play fighting he did conditioning him and he knew the other cub hadn't saw him first. Kiasi watched the cub jump down warily but the mud colored male didn't seem to want to harm him at the moment and he kept his distance with his back near the boulder he'd jumped off. Kiasi felt a spark of admiration for the older boy but kept it off his muzzle, he'd probably really good at play fighting.

When the question was repeated again about who he was Kiasi decided he could tell the male, "I'm Kiasi, I live in the Shadowlands" he offered but left out the part about being a Prince, he didn't know if this male cub would go running off to tell his King and Kiasi didn't need to get his father in trouble because of his own wanderlust. He didn't even think of the possibility that Ni would still get talked to by their King for a regular cub wandering the Coldlands though it was possible, all it would take was for the King to mention his name for Ni to know it was his son. Kiasi raised his head a little higher and looked around when he was told he didn't belong in the Coldlands, maybe he didn't but he was here now wasn't he?

"I came here to...check things out, it looked pretty interesting, maybe a good place to work on my fighting" he said nonchalantly. He was posturing for this other cub of course, he had merely come her to play and see the snow, in all actuality he thought the other cubs home was cool and fun but he didn't want to sound as young as he was. All he needed was this cub making fun of him, he wasn't a laughing stock, he was a Prince and a proud one at that. [colod=darkgoldenrod]"You sure ask a lot of questions, who are you anyways? I told you who I was, or are you afraid to tell me?"[/color] he questioned goading the other cub to answer him. If he had to give up his name then so did the other cub.
Back to top Go down
Jabari

Jabari

Boys Will Be Boys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boys Will Be Boys   Boys Will Be Boys EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:39 pm

In Jabari's mind, he was doing this stranger cub a great favor. While he wasn't certain that Ishmahel would be angry to see an unknown male wandering the kingdom, he knew that most kings would never allow a young lion, not of his blood, to enter his territory. Jabari didn't necessarily understand the rules, but he would still uphold them. The other cub was unafraid, which made Jabari want to scare him all the more. Kiasi's smirk was returned with one of his own. "Well, if I were a big lion, I'd also send out my minions to get you," the cub announced with an obvious air of arrogance. Jabari wasn't a king, not even a prince, but that didn't stop the young lion from seeing himself as being important and influential. That would all come with time. For now, he would practice being tough. "'Cause like it or not, you're intruding."

The Shadowlands... Of course Jabari had heard of the kingdom, since they were their closest neighbors, but he didn't know who lived there. Were the Shadowlanders as dark and mysterious as the name of their home suggested? Kiasi didn't look dark or very mysterious. He didn't look particularly mean either, but Jabari wasn't going to jump to conclusions. Kiasi claimed he had been looking for a place to practice his fighting, and at this news, Jabari had to hide the excited smile that appeared. What young lion didn't enjoy a good play fight? Jabari's stance remained defensive when finally he found the nerve the step closer to the other cub.

"I'm not afraid of anything," he answered seriously, eyes narrowing at the very notion. "My name is Jabari. It even means 'brave' 'cause that's what I am! Do you know what your name means?" He eyed the other male suspiciously, wondering what his name could mean. It probably meant something like 'smelly' or 'fraidy cat,' and this made Jabari laugh aloud, but his violet eyes remained cautious. "Do your mommy and daddy know you're all the way up here?" His tone was teasing.
Back to top Go down
Kiasi

Kiasi

Boys Will Be Boys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boys Will Be Boys   Boys Will Be Boys EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:35 am

Kiasi gave the other boy a disbelieving look, what kind of minions could he have or was he implying that he'd have them when he was big? The cub didn't know but it was easy to see the battle of egos wasn't about to stop anytime soon, both assured they would have been victor in their theoretical situations. Kiasi's orange eyes rolled when he was once again reminded he was trespassing, he knew that by now or he wouldn't have even stopped to have this conversation. Well that wasn't true, he probably would have engaged the conversation himself if it had been the other way around.

The cub took his bait and took a step closer to the goldenrod cub, his face showing he wasn't amused by being called scared. It was Kiasi's turn to narrow his eyes when Jabari asked what his name was and then laughed at him before he even answered, Kiasi wasn't exactly sure what his name meant but it had to be a strong name. There was no way his mother or father would give him an embarrassing name, would they? He doubted it. He tipped his nose in the air, "I don't need my name to say what I am, I show it" he said back in a snippy fashion.

At the question about his parents he scoffed and paced slightly to the right with his orange eyes fixed on Jabari and a rebellious look on his face. "I don't need my mother and father's permission like some cubs, I can take care of myself just fine and make my own decisions" it was his turn to be arrogant and he smirked. "What about you, did mommy and daddy give you permission to wander so far away or did you get lost?" he jabbed back. He could dish out if that's what this cub wanted from him, there was no way he was going to let him push him around even if he was older and bigger.

This was the kind of cub Kiasi was used to defending his brother from so it was nothing new to hear the barbed words rolling from his tongue. Kiasi had learned to toughen up his hide but Kosa wasn't always so thick skinned and making him cry or hurt was unacceptable in his brothers eyes. It was why he got into so many fights, even back home where there weren't that many bullies, he could only imagine what poor Kosa would do without him, especially out on his own as Kiasi often found himself.
Back to top Go down
Jabari

Jabari

Boys Will Be Boys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boys Will Be Boys   Boys Will Be Boys EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:47 pm

There was just something about Kiasi that Jabari didn't like, and they way he rolled his eyes only irritated the Coldlander further. It was lion nature that males should dislike other males, and even though Jabari didn't understand why, his patience was wearing thin. "Maybe you ought to ask what your name means. I can't believe you've never been curious enough to ask." At least Shinikizo had bothered to share that information with Jabari before his untimely demise. It seemed the only favor his parents had done for him was giving him a good, strong, respectable name before getting themselves killed.

"For your information, my mom and dead are dead. Both of 'em." News of Shani's death had only recently reached the mountain kingdom, by way of a messenger. While it seemed Jabari was unaffected by the loss of his second parent, the death of his mother had been traumatizing beyond words for young Jabari. Now he knew he was on his own. Even King Ismahel could not convince Jabari otherwise, and in his mind, the young lion was already beginning to plan for a life of solitude and wandering. He only needed to be big enough to do it. Still, he glared fiercely at Kiasi now, no longer in the mood to play games. "I do exactly what I want, when I want. And obviously I'm not lost, because I live here," he retorted with a snort.

Now he was eyeing the cub, getting a good feel for his size. Jabari was older, so he knew he would have something of an advantage of his patience wore thin, or the cub made one more comment that Jabari didn't care for. His sharp claws fell loose, scratching at the cold ground, testing. "Why should I even believe that you came here just because? How am I supposed to know you're not here to spy?" He took another step closer, and the hostility was impossible to miss, from his lowered head to the growl that began to rumble in his throat.
Back to top Go down
Kiasi

Kiasi

Boys Will Be Boys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boys Will Be Boys   Boys Will Be Boys EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Kiasi decided he didn't like this condescending cub all that much, he was mean and rude and definitely full of himself. The cub narrowed his eyes at the larger male, he hadn't been curious enough to ask his father, did his name really matter that much if he as a lion was much more than what it meant? He doubted it but to this other male names meant more than just something for people to call you by, and Kiasi felt slightly annoyed that he didn't know his own so that he could throw it in Jabari's face right back.

Kiasi's ears pinned back when the cub snapped at him that his parents were both dead, pity panged in his stomach but the other lion either didn't seem to care or was coping pretty easily with it making Kiasi wonder just how spiteful this male was. Jabari's glare was open and hostile, the golden cub could feel the shift in the air from curious to tense as though it were dirt on his skin and his own claws unsheathed kneading the snowy ground beneath him until he felt good solid dirt. If the other boy pounced him he wanted to be ready for it and not simply topple over like a newborn from a swipe from its mothers paw.

He growled softly himself and gave a disgusted face, he didn't like the Coldlands so much anymore and he definitely didn't like Jabari. "Why would I spy on you? This place is too cold and wet, why would I want anything to do with it and why would my King?" he snapped at the other cub. The mere thought that he could be so dishonest was disgusting and to be accused of it only made him more annoyed with this new muddy brown cub. His tail flicked behind him and he narrowed his fiery orange eyes, ready to fight if that's what it came to, no doubt his mother would worry as the other male would have the advantage and likely get some good licks in if they weren't separated.

"Are all Coldlanders this rude or is it just you?" he questioned flatly, his attitude now aloof. A King was never scared of a challenger and he wouldn't be either.
Back to top Go down
Jabari

Jabari

Boys Will Be Boys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boys Will Be Boys   Boys Will Be Boys EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:07 pm

It wasn't pity that Jabari wanted. He made himself as rough and unlikable as possible, on purpose. He seemed amused when Kiasi began to growl, pleased that he had finally gotten on his last nerve. "Well, what's so great about where you come from? If it's sooo much better, then why did you leave it? No one asked you to come here." He laughed as if Kiasi were the most ridiculous thing he had ever seen, teasing and tempting the other to make the first move. Pity was useless, but an opportunity to fight a foe didn't come along every day. As always, no adults noticed Jabari's absence, and since it seemed there would be no worried parents trailing after Kiasi, the former felt inclined to do as he pleased.

He didn't mind being called rude, as he had been named far worse things before. It was likely only a matter of time before his ill-temper and big mouth got him into serious trouble, but Jabari didn't even care if he was cast out of his home. He liked the Coldlanders well enough, but he didn't fit in there. He never had. "Maybe they are, maybe they're not. And maybe my king would rip you to shreds if he found you here." But Jabari's show of intimidation did not appear to be working. On the contrary, Kiasi was standing up to the older cub, which only frustrated him further. He saw that the other's claws were now out, and his own fell loose as well. "Do you want me to go get him?" He turned away for a second, pretending as if he was going to fetch the older lion.

"Or I could just do it myself." This was it. Jabari would have a chance to prove just how strong and brave he was. This wasn't play fighting, but the real thing. Suddenly, he flipped around to face Kiasi again, and there was no hint of kidding or fun any longer in his features. He wanted blood. Jabari had had enough of Kiasi's attitude, and his unwelcome presence in the kingdom. Teeth bared, he threw himself at Kiasi in an attempt to knock the other male to the ground. He would try to pin him before the younger male retaliated, growling as fiercely as he could manage. He was getting older enough to actually sound threatening now.
Back to top Go down
Kiasi

Kiasi

Boys Will Be Boys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boys Will Be Boys   Boys Will Be Boys EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Kiasi gritted his teeth and his orange eyes flashed angrily, "My home is a lot better than this, but my father always says that you should know those around you" he said simply. He didn't need to tell the other cub he had come here because he was bored in the Shadowlands, or that he'd actually liked the Coldlands until Jabari had opened his big fat mouth. The other cub was practically begging him to attack him and Kiasi was whole heartedly considering it. This cub needed to be taught some manners and he thought he was so tough!

Kiasi gave the other boy a taunting expression, "Well if they're all like you, I hope I never meet them" when Jabari made a move to act like he was going to fetch his King Kiasi felt slight fear but he raised his head and decided on a course of action he didn't think would fail. "Why do that? Or do you need him to fight your battles because you can't" he mocked, he had already felt out the fact that this cub hated anything to do with being called weak or scared so he had a feeling his taunt would hit its mark.

The other male turned on him and Kiasi knew this would be a true fight, the other male aimed to hurt him and he wasn't going to stand for it. Despite not wanting his father in trouble he couldn't just roll over and act weak, that wasn't what he wanted to represent his home like and he refused to do it because of his own pride as well. Jabari launched himself at the golden cub but Kiasi had seen it coming, the other male hadn't been subtle and the cub crouched low using his feet to slam into the other males chest and stomach to catapult him over him. He'd scramble to his feet if he managed to actually pull it off and attempt to jump on the others back or pin him depending on how he landed.

No doubt both boys would get their licks in with Jabari being bigger Kiasi wasn't sure if he'd come away without a few rips and tears.
Back to top Go down
Jabari

Jabari

Boys Will Be Boys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boys Will Be Boys   Boys Will Be Boys EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 12:16 am

At the mention of Kiasi's dad, Jabari felt a new anger surging through him. His father had never taught him anything about other kingdoms. He had never taught him anything useful... Unless being untrusting of others was a life skill. Either way, Jabari's challenge that day would not go unmet. Despite being smaller, Kiasi managed to send Jabari flying. As Jabari landed, Kiasi made an attempt to pounce him, but here Jabari's size was his advantage. He clawed and nipped wildly to get Kiasi away, trying to get a few good licks in himself.

Jabari wasn't as strong as he imagined just yet, and any injuries left to the younger cub would be ridiculously minor - hardly the stuff scars are made out of. But that didn't matter to Jabari. All he cared about was the fact that in his mind, he had shown the Shadowlander a thing or two. And now it was time for the trespasser to leave. Jabari was glad to get a few good scratches of his own to show off to his brother later. The scrapes and bumps made him feel bigger, even if they were nothing permanent. The sound of the ruckus was bound to rouse the attention of one of his older pride mates, and Jabari was sick of looking at the other male.

He wasn't going to be the one to back down first, though. He would attempt to grab Kiasi's tail between his teeth and clamp down hard. His chest was heaving with the effort, but this was one move that had gotten him into trouble. He had chomped on another cub's tail once and the cub tattled on him. But who could Kiasi tell? His precious father? Then he'd get himself into trouble, too. And who would notice that Jabari came home a mess? No one.
Back to top Go down
Kiasi

Kiasi

Boys Will Be Boys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boys Will Be Boys   Boys Will Be Boys EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Kiasi's pounce didn't go quite as well as he'd wanted and he wound up with scratches and nips landing on his legs and even a couple on his underbelly before he twisted away. Kiasi had gotten his own scratches in but he'd not had the heart to aim for anything vital, he wasn't a killer even if he did enjoy the fighting, Ni had taught him better than that. Kiasi wasn't one to back down from a fight over some cuts and he growled menacingly at the other before darting in again, unfortunately for him it'd be the wrong move.

He felt Jabari's teeth clamp down on his tail and he yelped out loudly, the appendage was delicate and the cub wasn't gentle with his bite. Without worrying for the other cubs health Kiasi unsheathed his ebony claws and swung at the other cubs face with abandon. He felt his paw hit and one claw managed to pry its way under the skin and with a tear cut the other cubs cheek. Whatever reaction he had given made him let go and Kiasi sprang away, his tail tender enough that he held it gingerly straight in case it was broken. His fiery gaze glared at the other male, before he turned and darted from the Coldlands.

He was bleeding more than the other cub and as much as he hated to run his tail was likely broken, at least that's what it felt like to him, and it was clear Jabari wouldn't quit until one of them lay broken or worse dead. He hadn't encountered a lion like that one before, one that destroyed life as he pleased for no other reason than he was sick of looking at it. The thought made the goldenrod cub sick to his stomach and instead of thinking he quickly focused on putting on foot in front of the other, he wouldn't be returning to these lands anytime soon nor would he forget the muddy cub, Jabari.

They would meet again one day. Kiasi counted on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boys Will Be Boys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boys Will Be Boys   Boys Will Be Boys Empty

Back to top Go down

Boys Will Be Boys
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TLK: Dark Horizon :: Everything The Light Touches :: Coldlands :: Hunting Grounds-
Jump to: