HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
A Chance To Breathe EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
A Chance To Breathe EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
A Chance To Breathe EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
A Chance To Breathe EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
A Chance To Breathe EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
A Chance To Breathe EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
A Chance To Breathe EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
A Chance To Breathe EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
A Chance To Breathe EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

A Chance To Breathe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Imara

Imara

Pride Points : 441312

A Chance To Breathe Empty
PostSubject: A Chance To Breathe   A Chance To Breathe EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 5:03 am

Imara's paws thundered over the snow as she ran, a smile on her muzzle. The world flew by in a blur as she pushed herself faster and faster, animals scattering all around her as a red streak bolted past them. She laughed happily at the feeling of the wind whistling through her fur. She felt powerful, she felt alive, she felt completely and utterly free, running at full speed over the snow. She did not care that she stood out with her red coat against the white snow, she did not care if she looked like a small child frolicking about, for she was incredibly happy. She travelled across the snow at a ferocious speed, her muscles straining after a while. She felt herself slowing down as she soon tired, and it wasn't long before she came to a halt, panting and spluttering but still incredibly happy with her run. She sat down in the snow and laughed happily. A few birds sung around her, but other than that it was quiet save for her laughter. It subsided soon, and she just relaxed into the cold snow.

The snow's iciness at first was a welcome change to the heat that had over-taken her body due to her run, but now it had become too cold for her liking. She shivered lightly and pulled herself up into a sitting position, trembling. She stood up and began to run again, slower this time. Her body soon became warm once more, and she slowed to a casual, relaxed trot. She looked around with curiosity, realising she'd gone farther than she intended. Her travels had brought her to a plain of lovely, alive green grass with small white flowers dotted here and there. It was as if the plain was covered in... sugar. She smiled, it was rather beautiful and peaceful here. She felt tranquil as she walked into the middle of the plain and sat there. She shut her eyes and felt a few rays of sunlight peeking out of the clouds, bathing her in warmth.
Back to top Go down
Ismahel

Ismahel

Pride Points : 447719

PostSubject: Re: A Chance To Breathe   A Chance To Breathe EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:10 pm

Ismahel had been patrolling the whole borders. His son was growing fast, and before Ismahel knew it, he would be stepping down and Sakitu would become the next king, but Ismahel was still young, and could rule for a while yet. The white king made his way through towards the fields that looked as though they were sprinkled in sugar. His blue eyes swept back and forth as he made sure everything was as it should be. While nothing was wrong, he did catch sight of the other lioness that was basking in the warmth int he fields. A smile crossed his maw as he moved along. She seemed content here, and he was happy about that. He wanted any of his pride members here to be content with their life. His large paws carried him across the fields where the vegetation grew. Everything was tranquil and calm here, and he hoped no one would violate the rule of there being no fighting or blood shed here. He kept his head slightly low, in more of a casual sense, as he moved through. There was no reason to carry himself like a proud tyrant, since that was what he was not. He was a benevolent king, or he tried to be. He would ask this lioness what sort of job she thought he was doing, but she would only fill his ears with praise. Well, he was going to leave her be, she seemed content where she was.
Back to top Go down
Imara

Imara

PostSubject: Re: A Chance To Breathe   A Chance To Breathe EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:24 am

Whilst Imara had become lost within her own thoughts of happiness, and the warmth that bathed her, she had failed to notice her King's presence as the wind was blowing his scent the opposite way from her. Still under the impression she was alone, she laid down and rolled onto her back, paws stretched upwards before she rolled back over once more and stood up. She stretched out, tail flicking lazily behind her, and then settled back into a seated position. Where she had once been alone in the world, the Coldlands were the most beautiful place she'd ever been. Many would disagree, complain it was too cold or the food was far too scarce, but Imara loved the beautiful way the snow coated the ground, making it entertaining and fun to watch the cubs frolic and play in. The dens aided in shielding them from the cold nights that were sure to follow such cold days - but it was places like this, the Sugar Plains, that Imara loved the most. Like the Sunset Valley, there was something unique and special about this place that warmed Imara's heart and soul. The light breeze very suddenly shifted direction, and the scent of her King hit her nose. She turned and saw him watching her. A soft smile on her muzzle, she strode over and bowed in front of him in a respectful manner. "To what do I owe the pleasure, King Ismahel?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Ismahel

Ismahel

PostSubject: Re: A Chance To Breathe   A Chance To Breathe EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Ismahel was quite glad to see his pride members happy. He was about to leave Imara to herself when she had spotted him. A friendly smile was offered to her and he dipped his head to her, even whens he bowed before him. "Hello Imara, I was simply passing by. There is no need to stop what you are doing. I never like to disturb a lion or lioness who looks so content." He said with the smile still plastered upon his maw. He was hoping she would return to what she was doing, but perhaps she would like to chat for a while? It was entirely up to her though. This was probably one of the warmest parts of the Coldlands and the most peaceful. Even he enjoyed coming up here for hours and bathing in the serenity amongst the flowers, but that was when he had time to himself. He felt there was far more work to be done.

His son was needing to be groomed to become a king. The cub was growing bigger and bigger every day. Time was marching on at a rapid pace. If Ismahel did not keep on the lessons, time would turn Sakitu into an adult, and take away Ismahel and Sakitu would be ruling without the proper training. Yes, that was thinking too much into it, but to Ismahel, it was a distinct possibility. He wanted his son to be a better king than he was and that was what he strove for.
Back to top Go down
Imara

Imara

PostSubject: Re: A Chance To Breathe   A Chance To Breathe EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:15 pm

Imara was pleased to see her King, he was a fine King indeed and had always treated her with kindness and respect. A smile found it's way onto her muzzle as she sat back and regarded the King with nothing but a kind gaze. She was perfectly fine with talking to her King rather than running around in a way that was reminiscent of a cub. She considered herself to be far to old to frolick around like she had just been spotted doing, but it was nice every now and then to let her inner cub run around playfully and do as she wished. "But of course you are not disturbing me Ismahel," she laughed softly. "I would much prefer to talk to you than be by my lonesome self." She informed him.

It had been a while since Imara had spoken to anyone and it would be a welcome change to what had become her life. She had mostly been alone because it seemed that the Pride had fallen under chaos ever since Shinikizo's attack on the King. It was disappointing to say the least that Jabari and Ziko's father had to die, and though it did not seem to upset Jabari in the slightest it had made Ziko withdraw into his shell even more so than usual. She worried for the young adolescents of this Pride, concerned that it wouldn't be long before Jabari cracked. He seemed to have a lot of anger in him, it was there in his eyes that day she made an attempt to comfort him and it was there now, burning brightly. The anger had even been directed at Ziko now, but the white lion had seemed to just regard his brother with an expression that gave away nothing of what he was feeling and he'd walk away from the argument - which only seemed to anger Jabari further. Imara frowned.

Luckily for the King though, it seemed as if his own young was perfectly fine. The white lion was growing well and resembled his father very much so. He had a strong build that was to be admired in a Prince and she knew that the level-headed young lion would one day become a great King of the Coldlands. That day would come soon, but for now Ismahel was their King and Imara was perfectly content with being under his rule. "There is something I wish to discuss with you. You have noticed Jabari's increasing anger, have you not King Ismahel? I am concerned that one day he will crack and be angrier than ever before - or perhaps he will run. I worry that all the anger is not good for him, but i'm not sure how to reach out to him. Not even his brother seems to be able to talk any sense into him anymore." Imara's tone was filled with sadness.
Back to top Go down
Ismahel

Ismahel

PostSubject: Re: A Chance To Breathe   A Chance To Breathe EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Despite him trying to excuse himself in order to leave her alone, she had insisted she was not bothering him. It was then the white furred king sat upon his haunches. His blue eyes looking to the lioness, "Very well." He said to her. He wondered what there was to talk about. There many topics, but it seemed he had replayed the words to them over and over to others. Ismahel was not even sure if she was interested in politics, such as the things going on in the other prides. Of course, that was not much politics so much as current events that could affect them all.

Another subject did come up when Imara mentioned Jabari. Immediately, Ismahel felt the exhale of air from his nose, not in frustration, perhaps that was a little of it, but more in concern. "I am glad you brought that up. Yes, I have noticed it. I too worry for him. If he is not happy here, I wish he would tell me. I would allow him to leave. I see the same bitterness in him that I saw in his father." He said. It was also heart-breaking, since Sakitu was friends with Jabari. The cubs all grew up together but things had fallen apart since Shiniziko died. Ismahel tried his best to keep everything together, but it seemed things were trying to fall apart no matter what he did. Not a day went by that he did not wish there could have been something more he could have done to prevent the death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Chance To Breathe   A Chance To Breathe Empty

Back to top Go down

A Chance To Breathe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TLK: Dark Horizon :: Everything The Light Touches :: Coldlands :: Sugar Plains-
Jump to: