HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
It's A Hard Life EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
It's A Hard Life EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
It's A Hard Life EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
It's A Hard Life EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
It's A Hard Life EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
It's A Hard Life EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
It's A Hard Life EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
It's A Hard Life EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
It's A Hard Life EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

It's A Hard Life

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarabi

Sarabi

Pride Points : 445015

It's A Hard Life Empty
PostSubject: It's A Hard Life   It's A Hard Life EmptySat May 05, 2012 12:34 am

At one time in her life, it seemed that everything was set. She had a wonderful mate and a great son who would grow up to be a wonderful king, even if he was mischievous at times. Her friends were in the pride, and they were like her sisters. She was respected, and she gave everyone respect in return. She may have been the queen, but she did not go around acting like she was any different from the lionesses. She just could not bring herself to do so.

Then it all came crashing down. It came to a halt when Scar came back with the forlorn look on his face and ever since then things had just been getting worse and worse. He was the king, and Zira his queen, and it was just terrible. It seemed with each passing day, Scar's mood was becoming worse and worse. Not only that, but a drought was still plaguing the lands and perhaps everyone's mood was being affected by the lack of food. What was worrying Sarabi even more than that was her best friend, Sarafina, had been missing for quite some time now. Had Scar banished her without Sarabi knowing it?

The lioness began to walk up the steps, but stopped right at the first rock that led up to the dens. She almost did not want to go back. She wanted to just run away and go find another pride to live in, but she felt that if she did that, she would be betraying the lionesses who still looked to her for comfort and to hold some hope that everything would be okay. She still had some friends here that she stayed for. Each day though, the thought of running for freedom was growing more tempting. Why Sarabi stayed, she was not sure. Perhaps she felt her home was still worth fighting for.
Back to top Go down
Abasi

Abasi

Pride Points : 440071

It's A Hard Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's A Hard Life   It's A Hard Life EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Abasi had not left the Pridelands just yet on his so-called "assignment", he still had some pride members left to see. He owed that much at least, it wouldn't be right of him to leave a second time and not say anything. Wandering about closer to the pride today, mostly checking on the various cubs running or sleeping about, the dark lion silently hoped none of them would turn out like Scar. Yet with so many good mothers and sitters around them, perhaps he didn't need to worry too much. Moving more toward the base of Pride Rock his ember-green eyes, normally devoid of showing much emotion, spotted the former queen. Abasi hadn't spoken with her much when he was a cub, though, when had he spoken to anyone in the pride? He noticed she seemed to be having conflicting ideas as she paused momentarily on her way toward the den.

He couldn't help but feel sorry for her, she likely had it the worst out of everyone. In a single day, her life had been turned upside down and only got worse. Feeling the need for a good talk with Sarabi, the night-clad lion decided to go approach her. "Hello, Sarabi," his voice seemed to indicate that he was more approachable than was usual for him. "It seems you're having second thoughts, going up there." Abasi then tilted his head thoughtfully and added after a pause, "Would you care to join me? I was about to go on a stroll."
Back to top Go down
http://z7.invisionfree.com/SongofNewHope
Sarabi

Sarabi

It's A Hard Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's A Hard Life   It's A Hard Life EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:32 pm

The call for freedom, to just run away and go look for Sarafina was still calling her like a familiar voice in the distance. It would not take much for her to bolt for freedom but she just could not abandon the other lionesses and lions like that. It may have been haughty of her, but she knew a few lionesses who still looked to her for some stability and some light in the darkness. Sarabi was still grieving over the death of her son and her beloved Mufasa and was trying her best to keep going, since she knew that was what Mufasa would want, but poor Simba. It was not fair. His life had only just begun when it was taken away in such a short time.

Suddenly a voice reached her from behind and her head turned back to see the black colored lion approaching her. He pointed out that she seemed to be having second thoughts and she gave a nod, "Sometimes it's just so hard." She said as she turned toward her whole body toward him to face him. He had then invited her to go for a stroll with him and she assumed they would be going away from the Pridelands, "Perhaps that is what I need, a walk and chat with a friend." She said, though she knew it was rare that Abasi had spoken to anyone. She looked him over and a small smile emerged on to her muzzle, "You've grown into a fine young lion. It seems only yesterday that you were but a cub." She said, still keeping the guise of stability and dignity and the 'it's going to be okay' face. She did not want anyone, not even Abasi to see her in any weakened state no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Abasi

Abasi

It's A Hard Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's A Hard Life   It's A Hard Life EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:58 pm

While he would never say it to her or anyone, Abasi was pretty insightful in some situations. This situation, he knew was hard on Sarabi but she would never show it. So if she chose not to allow herself to show weakness, he would not mention what he was sure of. No doubt everything that's happened since that day and now on top of Sarafina missing along with Mheetu was probably tearing her heart apart... Sarabi was a strong lioness but he only hoped she could remain as such. Abasi hated to tell her he had no choice but to leave as well. "I find it's best to clear one's mind with a walk. Decisions can always be made better afterward." Abasi chose paths furthest away from hyenas so that they could speak together without disturbance.

He raised a dark eyebrow in some silent amusement at her next words. ... Hmm. Perhaps he grew a little too much. Abasi was now fully grown and Mufasa would likely be up to his shoulders. He smirked a little then, knowing Scar was a bit uneasy around him for his size. Though, his growth had only to do with his bloodline and wherever it may have originated. Passing along the cracked and dry ground, a frown creased his muzzle. "The rains should have come by now, if not, soon. Any longer and the entire pride will have to leave Pride Rock." However, Abasi knew very well that leaving Pride Rock was something that Scar would never allow. Not unless you were seen as a threat.

"Anyone banished or forced to leave really do have a much better chance of survival. Scar is likely to breed and starve out everyone here just so he can remain king until he finds an heir."
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

It's A Hard Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's A Hard Life   It's A Hard Life EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:41 pm

The golden lioness joined the black lion for the walk. She had commented on how he had grown into a fine young lion but did not expect to get any response from it and it did not seem she was going to get one. Well, that was fine. Abasi was always the quiet one anyways. The two had began their stroll through the Pridelands. At his words, Sarabi heaved a sigh, "Yes, and the herds are becoming harder and harder to hunt." She said, showing some concern in her voice as well. Pride Rock may have to do something. They could not very well stay here in the middle of the dry season. There was no way Scar would ever allow it. He would prefer to remain on Pride Rock until everyone starved.

Abasi brought up the subject of breeding everyone. She thanked the great kings in the stars that she was not among those who had to carry and bear his cubs. She had seen the dark pelted little cubs around Pride Rock, though a couple had disappeared. Giza was gone and so was Mheetu, and when Mheetu left Sarafina was banished. Supposedly Mheetu was dead and Sarabi was there when he had died. They never found his body though. Sarabi gave a sigh as she tried not to think about it and kept her strong exterior. She had to. "We just have to hold out hope. Perhaps we will be able to reason with him and he will let us move on." She said before sighing, "I am only fooling myself. He will never let us leave. He has a few males for an heir, but none of them seem to be up to his standards." She commented. There was Nuka and Kifu, whom she thought both would have been fine young heirs but apparently Scar did not think so. Hm, the heirs to Pride Rock were going to be from Scar and the heir was not going to be Simba. The very thought of that made Sarabi have to swallow a painful knot in her throat as the thought was breaking her heart.
Back to top Go down
Rafiki

Rafiki

Pride Points : 445991

It's A Hard Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's A Hard Life   It's A Hard Life EmptySun May 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Rafiki had returned from the savanna after meeting two young lionesses, Tama and Nala. Tama had ran away from the Pridelands, not wanting to have anything to do with the tyrant king. They used to meet a lot when they were cubs and adolescents as well, and it seemed that nothing could part their friendly bond. News had reached him that they have met Malka, who was exiled from the Pridelands at young adulthood. He still had the caracal-like ear tufts, and his mane had grown into a messy, dual-colored one. He made a joke with them about it, knowing that they are now old enough to mate.

Later as he was making his way to Pride Rock, he sat down, thinking. Meeting Sarafina was a relief for him. An unusual feeling was tormenting him before that, he tried to calm it by stargazing. He had found from Sarafina that she mustn't return to Pride Rock without her cub, Mheetu, who had run off for an unknown reason. He reassured the lioness that everything will be fine, but he was still uncertain of what could happen to Mheetu, or her.

Now, the baboon was close around Pride Rock, still thinking about the feeling that has been swirling in his shaman brain. But then, he spotted a large lion with pure black fur, a full mane, green eyes and a scar over his left eye. He thought that this could be an intruder, invading the territory to take over the Pridelands and throw off Scar. However, to Rafiki, this didn't seem a problem, since he greatly disliked his personality, and the scar over Abasi's eye and his eye color reminded him off him. But, this lion was powerful and young, so he decided not to attack him with words.

But there, he saw the the past queen of the Pridelands - Sarabi. She has not changed in Rafiki's eyes, she was still a firm lioness, not willing to back down in front of anything or anyone. But, from what Rafiki could tell, she was crushed by grief of losing Mufasa and Simba. He understood the pain of living with this and he pitied her very much. Though, right now, he didn't want to tell her of the strange feeling he had all these days, he wanted to hide it from everyone, even her. And with this new lion around, he tried his best to be as careful as possible.

He approached them and saluted Sarabi: "Good afternoon, your highness." Yes, he saluted her with 'your highness', because to him, no matter what tyrants were on the throne, Sarabi and Mufasa were still the real king and queen. This was pure respect, he could not bare to watch Scar and Zira on the edge of Pride Rock, he hated this. If he could, he would grab them in his fist and throw them into an abyss, but that was far too impossible at the moment. After that, he turned to Abasi: "And who might you be, young lion?"
Back to top Go down
Abasi

Abasi

It's A Hard Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's A Hard Life   It's A Hard Life EmptyTue May 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Abasi was about to speak in turn when the old shaman, Rafiki, came toward them. He recalled seeing the baboon now and again when he was a cub but never spoke to him either. He supposed Rafiki never noticed him after all the times the lion would disappear on his own. [color=green]"Abasi. I'm a Pridelander." 'Sort of.' he thought to himself after answering him. "I was just speaking with Sarabi... if you needed to speak with her privately I can take my leave." The black lion was uncertain of the situation, it was up to her to decide whether he'd be allowed to stay or not. Glancing back at the former queen he said, "I doubt Scar will ever be satisfied with anyone or anything. I have been meaning to tell you... it's my time to leave the Pridelands.... again."

After a brief pause he then added, "Not entirely by choice. Scar wants me to spy on neighboring lands for him, get in contact with Korofi to report to. It's his way of getting rid of me, too paranoid by absences and such. However, I see this as opportunity. Perhaps on my travels I may find former Pridelanders, find out things and get messages back to you." Abasi would do anything for the remaining loyal Pridelanders, they allowed him and his father to seek refuge here for quite a long time. The dark lion figured to pay them back was by going along with Scar's demands and still help them out in any possible way.
Back to top Go down
Rafiki

Rafiki

It's A Hard Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's A Hard Life   It's A Hard Life EmptyWed May 30, 2012 12:07 pm

The old monkey jumped onto a large, low rock that was near the two, and sat down into a meditating pose, listening as Abasi spoke to Sarabi. When the ebony male finally turned his head to him and spoke, the name was not familiar, nor did he remember a black cub around his baobab home. Neither the less, he didn't look suspicious and seemed to be calm. He mentioned private speaking, but Rafiki wasn't rushing anywhere with it, he did want to speak with her, but he gave a smile to the male: "Do not haste yourself, youngster." He also listened to the lion speak the name of Scar, he also, like everyone else, was unsatisfied with his pathetic reign, the baboon gave a nod and spoke: "Bah, that kumdanganya only deserved a good stick in the head."

Abasi spoke on, and then, as he did, Rafiki could understand that this lion was, as Rafiki slightly suspected, a spy. But even spying to Scar's use was horribly annoying to anyone. For a moment, as the lion continued to speak to Sarabi, he looked over the horizon, the Pridelands were definitely deteriorating more and more by every passing day, but the monkey felt it was just yesterday they were fertile and ruled by Mufasa, and that it had all happened too quickly. There were less and less animals on the arid plains, the grass was dying, but now, nothing could be done, no one could hear the dying bellows of the Pridelands and help. he then spoke to Sarabi: "How are you doing today, my queen?"

Rafiki still had a feeling that a deliverer would save the Pridelands from Scar. Many nights, the old shaman had meditated and the Great Kings of the Past would always give him this answer, though they never told him who the deliverer was. This had made him slightly nervous at occasions, but he always cooled down and thought more and more. But, he threw that aside and looked over to Sarabi, awaiting her reply.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

It's A Hard Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's A Hard Life   It's A Hard Life EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:52 pm

Abasi and Sarabi had been walking along when they came across the shaman baboon. He always seemed to show up at the right times, and it was always a comfort to Sarabi to see him. It did not seem to take long for him to notice them and had addressed Sarabi as 'highness' to which she bowed her head humbly, "As much as I appreciate the compliment, Rafiki, I am unfortunately no longer the pride queen." She said forlornly. It was an unfortunate thing, but it was the truth. She was not the queen, and did not want to be considered even associated with the horrible lion that was Scar. She lifted her almond eyes to look up to the baboon again, "All things considered, I am doing quite well, thank you for asking. How have you been doing?" She inquired. It was then Abasi had spoken to her again and brought up a good point but it did not seem Rafiki had anything of such importance to say.

It was then Abasi gave her the news. He was going to be leaving the Pridelands again. While Sarabi was sad to see her friend go, she simply gave a solemn nod to him, "I see. Sarafina has been missing and I would like to know her whereabouts. If you ever find her, I would like to know if she is still alive, and how she has been fairing." She said, since it seemed one by one her friends were disappearing or leaving or dying. First it was Mufasa and Simba, and then Sarafina, and now Abasi. Was Rafiki going to go away too? The former queen fought to keep herself together, but she sometimes was not certain how much longer she could keep up the charade. Still, she felt she had to do it for the sake of the other pride members who were still there and who still looked to her as the queen.
Back to top Go down
Rafiki

Rafiki

It's A Hard Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's A Hard Life   It's A Hard Life EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:41 pm

Sarabi had spoken the truth, indeed she did, and it was not very welcoming at all. But quickly enough, an optimistic smile returned to the old baboon's face, he was very helpful at these difficult times when it came to cheering, he really knew how to help others who felt depressed and disappointed at the entire world, and everything seemed vapid and pointless: "Sarabi...no matter who stands at the edge of Pride Rock and stares over the horizon, know this...you and Mufasa will always be the true rules of the Pridelands." He only wished to return all the years that have been spent without king Mufasa and prince Simba.

Sarabi had asked Rafiki of his current feelings, so the smile didn't leave his face: "Ah, I am all well, but you know how everyone feels in these times. All we can do now is hope." However, there was still turmoil in his mind, as always, his shaman mind had always been someplace else, the feeling he had had these days was constantly hanging over him, like a storm cloud that won't let you settle at all. Since the Pridelands already looked barren and dry, he still asked her about the prides condition and the rations of food: "Sarabi, how are things in the pride? Is there enough food to feed all the members?"

The Pridelands already seemed to have been eaten away by the tooth of time, there was hardly any water left! It had turned from a vast Savannah into a barren scrub, and the final transformation into a lion graveyard was about to take place in no time. If Rafiki would know better, he would leave and search for another pride, but again...the bonds forged between him and this pride were too hard to break, so he, like all others in this wasteland, had to live with this horrible fact, that was the truth. Oh, it pressured his chest like an elephant's foot, depriving him of sleep and clear thoughts.

Rafiki sighed and laid his hand on Sarabi's shoulder: "My queen, I only respect you and I bow only to you, and no one else, not even that kumdanganya Scar. I will never leave your side and I will be with you when you need me the most." These powerful words echoed in his mind, for he was eternally loyal to only one line of kings, the line has been bent by that monster, Scar - that low-moral coward, doing his best to lounge around in the caves of Pride Rock and take hardly any actions in governing the kingdom, which was melting and all of his promises came crashing down into oblivion. Then, the hyenas would understand - he has lied!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's A Hard Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's A Hard Life   It's A Hard Life Empty

Back to top Go down

It's A Hard Life
Page 1 of 1