HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
Princely Insecurities EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
Princely Insecurities EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
Princely Insecurities EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
Princely Insecurities EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
Princely Insecurities EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
Princely Insecurities EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
Princely Insecurities EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
Princely Insecurities EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
Princely Insecurities EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Princely Insecurities

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuka

Nuka

Pride Points : 446042

Princely Insecurities Empty
PostSubject: Princely Insecurities   Princely Insecurities EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:19 am

He would never know how lush the Pridelands once were, and he would never know why his father was king. But what Nuka did know was that this mouse in front of him was going to be caught, and this mouse was going to be his parent's dinner. It had been a few weeks since Giza had dissapeared, and Nuka flashed back to the conversation on the edge of Pride Rock. He scoffed at the thought of Giza leaving the Pridelands and almost grimaced at the thought that she was still alive. Almost. Nuka's father may be full of hate, and his mother may be as well, but Nuka still learned that everyone deserved a chance. But the russet female had over stepped her mark, lost her chance to be a friend to Nuka, so now he almost didn't care what had happened to her.

It was one less fight for the quest of the throne was it not? But alas, Nuka found himself wondering about his older russet half-blooded sister as he gazed at the morning sunrises. The dusty russet cub was always awake in the morning and he always loved to looked at the sunrises, one of these days he would have to bring his father out to see them! The prince was oblivious to the real reasons that the lands were like this, but Nuka didn't question it. But now, back to the task at hand, obtaining his parent's dinner! The prince had been stalking this mouse for over 20 minutes and he always stayed two steps behind where he should be. Thankfully the mouse did not catch on to the cub's antics and only found it coincidence that the two were headed the same way.

But when the mouse stopped for more than a mere minute, Nuka smiled and a small whisper was given, "Perfect," The cub crouched down into his pouncing position and took two steps forward before lunging at the rodent. The feeling of flesh between his teeth enjoyed Nuka more than it should, and he shook the mouse a few times to make sure that it was dead. Mother had always told him not to play with his food, but Nuka decided to make it look more presentable to his parents. With a sleek and sharp obsidian claw, Nuka started to rid the mouse of the blood inside of it. A small incision was given to the rodent's stomach and Nuka squeezed the small body with his paw; watching the blood quickly drain onto the hard barren ground. After it was cleaned and the rodent stripped of it's minuscule claws, the prince took it into his mouth and started to pad back to the pride.

But then of course, a hungry hyena trio saw the food in the cub's mouth and knocked him down. It didn't matter that this was the son of Scar, food was food and everything needed it. The smallest of the group laughed a high-pitched yelp and ran off with the mouse, waiting to split it with his brothers in arms. Nuka stood up shakily and watched as the trio ran off with his father's dinner. He had no clue who the hyenas were, but he better report it to his father anyways. After all, these hyenas had been denying their king food that was rightfully his. The cub walked up to the den of Pride Rock and peered inside, happy to see his father inside. He padded slowly in and stood only a few feet away from him, his voice was a bit stronger than most of his sibling's might be, but he had to prove to his father that he was strong. "Father, apologies if I have awakened you, but I need to report something,"
Back to top Go down
Scar

Scar

Pride Points : 451461

PostSubject: Re: Princely Insecurities   Princely Insecurities EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Wherever Nuka had learned that every lion deserved a chance, it was certainly not his father. The king had barely spent a moment with his youngest offspring since his birth. The single cub, so scrawny and squirmy, had been the last disappointment that the father of seven could bear. The girls were all useless, Scar would never entertain the idea of a female-led pride. Mheetu was missing, possibly dead. The oldest cub had been scattered anyway, running in pointless circles and getting himself hurt, which left Scar wary of the cub's judgement. Kifu was gullible and soft, occasionnally falling victim to his sisters' games. And Nuka... Well, Scar had never made an effort to see how he behaved. The very sight of him was a constant reminder of Scar's perceived failures.

It seemed that the brute had lost interest in Zira, his supposed queen, after Nuka's birth. She kept herself busy, and Scar did the same. After Heshima's run-in with Kuzimu and the cubs that had resulted from the encounter, Scar's attitude towards her had changed, as well. He spoke pleasantries to keep her in her place, but otherwise, his behavior was cold, detached. He had never seen the male cubs she had given birth to before they were abandoned, and was already beginning to regret his decision to allow the litter to live. Sarafina's whereabouts were unknown, and frankly, the russet lion didn't care to see the lioness ever again. Whatever gentleness that once existed towards his mates had dried up like the once fertile lands. He loathed Sarafina more than all the others, but held no fondness for any.

Though he had been awake for over an hour, the lion had not bothered to rise. A heavy heart and tortured mind plagued him, and he wallowed in his own self-pity, as if the problems that consumed him were not his own creation. The sound of little paws approaching caused Scar to close his eyes once again, feigning sleep. But it was not enough to discourage Nuka from speaking to his father, and the lion opened one jade eye to peer at the youngster. Nuka was standing before him, his dull brown fur the perfect blend of his parents' pelts, with the same sharp features, sharp eyes. He looked less like his father than a number of his sisters, but the similarities were undeniable. "What?" His voice was tense, already annoyed at the very idea of a cub taking part in reporting crimes.
Back to top Go down
Nuka

Nuka

PostSubject: Re: Princely Insecurities   Princely Insecurities EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:48 am

The cub could hear the tense tone of his father's voice and he took a step back and bowed his head submissively. Even if Nuka wanted to show his dominance over his siblings his father still reigned ruler and was more dominant than he would ever be. Nuka knew in the back of his mind that he would never be king, his father would honestly choose Kifu over him, he was older and looked more like him than Nuka ever would. Although Kifu had a brown mane tuft and Nuka's was shining a jet black, just as their father's majestic mane. But Nuka feared that feature was the only thing that kept him and his father seemingly as one. Besides for his obsidian nose that resembled Scar's, he was more like his mother than anything else, but was that really who he looked like?

From what the young cub had heard of, he looked nothing of his father's family but he looked scarcely like his mother as her face was strong and his was not. No one had a clue but Zira of what her family looked like. Although Nuka knew that he was a perfect blend of his mother's tawny pelt and his father's rich russet pelt, that was all he could but together except for his obvious eye resemblance to his mother. The cub thought about how he seemed like an outcast to his own family, he couldn't even make friends with the laziest of his siblings, and now she was gone. Maybe he would have a little more luck with his only competition; Kifu? Either or, Nuka was almost alone in the world without the actual care and compassion of his ruling parental guardians. But finally Nuka snapped out of his thoughts and returned to the task at hand. "Well father, I heard the lionesses couldn't find enough food so I went to go prove them wrong,"

Nuka had started his tale off with why he went hunting, he knew it was the lionesses' job to hunt, but why have someone do it when you could do it yourself? "They aren't looking hard enough father, for I found some field mice within my first five minutes of searching," in actuality, he only had found one, but back to actually reporting the hyenas, "I killed one of the mice and cleaned it to make it presentable to you father, I know that the lionesses take a lot of the food for themselves so I thought you'd be happy with the extra meal," The young cub sat down and looked to the floor, "But as I carried my prize home father? The hyenas knocked me down and took the meal away, even after I had told them that it was for you! This was your food that they stole father, not mine! Stealing from the royal family, much less the king is prohibited by law is it not?" Nuka felt proud that he was giving these reports to his father, but unknown to the cub he was more a nuisance than an asset at this point, the reports were unnecessary, but Nuka felt obligated to tell his father. Crimson stared into jade as he awaited his father's reaction to these 'crimes', hoping that he would receive some recognition from the king whom he shared his blood with.
Back to top Go down
Scar

Scar

PostSubject: Re: Princely Insecurities   Princely Insecurities EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 12:35 am

The cub's squeaky voice caused his father to set his ears back flat. He was certainly not one to defend the success of the hunting party, but he looked at Nuka with an annoyed snort. As if the cub had better sense than lionesses with years of experience? "Do you really think we can feed an entire pride on field mice? Use your brain." It was just like Scar to try to see the fault in the actions of others, just as Nuka was doing, but once again, the russet lion failed to see the similarities between father and son.

Instead of the recognition the young cub so badly craved, his report was met with yet another irritated expression as Scar pushed himself up into a sitting position with an exasperated sigh. Tattling on the hyenas would not gain the boy any points in his father's book. After all, Scar needed the mangy beasts, especially in this day and age, when unrest was so often painted on the faces of the lionesses that remained loyal to Pride Rock. He was not the strongest lion on the savanna, but without hordes of hyenas at his disposal, he fancied himself unstoppable. "Hyenas need to eat too, Nuka. Let them have the wretched mice. Haven't you been getting enough to eat?"

Looking down on the cub, he did look awfully skinny. Of course, he had been born scrawny, so this was not terribly surprising, but now Scar wondered if his youngest cub was being deprived. He was no runt, after all, maybe he could grow, if given the proper nutrition? With so many other mouths to feed, it would be easy for such a slight creature to miss out. This was unacceptable. Whether or not he was weak, he was still the son of the King and Queen of the Pridelands. "Perhaps we can increase your rations after a kill. With recent... departures from the pride, I imagine there must be something extra." He was referring, of course, to Giza's disappearance, as well as Mheetu's apparent departure and Sarafina's banishment, which Scar had never really bothered to explain to the others.
Back to top Go down
Nuka

Nuka

PostSubject: Re: Princely Insecurities   Princely Insecurities EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:47 pm

Nuka's ears flattened on his head with his father's chastisement, of course the pride couldn't be fed on field mice, he wasn't stupid. But of course, Nuka had made the stupid decision to suggest such a thing to his father. He stepped back, his legs becoming a tad weak as he backed up. He lowered his head into submission and clenched his eyes shut, wishing that he had just kept his mouth shut about how he had found the mouse in his first five minutes of searching, "Y-Yes father," the cub stuttered, "that was stupid of me to say, I should have never of suggested it," Nuka rose his head again and looked with hopeful eyes, searching for some sign that his fathers would punish the hyenas who almost assaulted him. But as if to add insult to injury, Scar had shoved it off as if it was nothing.

Scar had given Nuka a statement about how hyenas needed to eat too and it enraged the cub slightly. The hyenas had just almost attacked his cub for a scrap of meat and he was letting it go! His claws unsheathed in a blinded rage so fast that Nuka had no idea that they did. But, the feeling of his claws out in the open, the cub liked it and decided against resheathing them. 'Haven't you been getting enough to eat?' Nuka growled slightly and eyed his father, "This isn't about me it's about you," that statement was muttered, Nuka wanted his father to pay attention to his compassion and not realize that everything was about the lions of the pride complaining for food. The lionesses did that enough already, Scar didn't have to associate complaints with his cub. But when Scar had offered to increase Nuka's food intake he grinned and jumped over to his father, clearly not respecting the idea of personal space. He wrapped his paws and arms around his father's mane as best as he could and nuzzled him slightly, something that Nuka or any other sibling of his would never do.

"T-Thank you father, I promise, I won't let them go to waste," the cub had whispered this so as to not annoy his father any further. He quickly released his hold on the lion before he could do anything and back trotted a few steps before sitting down. He looked at his father and then back at himself and frowned, even for being the son of a king, he was still insecure about many other things. "F-Father?" Nuka paused and wondered how to word his question, "d-do you like Kifu more than me? Not because he's older, but because he looks like you?" The cub sighed and looked at his paws, "Some of the lioness told me it wasn't about age, you didn't care about that, or who your current mate was. It was all about appearance, who looked more like you," Nuka scoffed, "They kept pointing out all the similarities between us, but I can only see the differences," He knew that his father might be thinking the same way as well, differences instead of similarities, but that was the father that Nuka was born to and he couldn't change that. He couldn't change anything about him or his past, just the future that for most seemed grim. And for Nuka it would be even grimmer.
Back to top Go down
Scar

Scar

PostSubject: Re: Princely Insecurities   Princely Insecurities EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:22 pm

If it was compassion the cub sought, he was looking in the wrong place. Scar dismissed Nuka's upset over the lost mouse. It would be a waste of time to punish the hyenas for so minor an infraction, when there were more important things to worry about... Like making sure the lionesses didn't stray too far, and watching for intruders. The young cub's anger was rather amusing though, and Scar noticed his tiny claws appear with a smirk. None of his cubs had ever threatened him, and clearly Scar was not impressed by Nuka's attempts at aggression. But the cub quickly forgot his rage when he heard that his father would be showing him some kindness by allowing him to eat whatever food his lost siblings were no longer there to consume.

Certainly not one for physical affection, the russet lion's expression looked as if he was in pain when Nuka flung himself at his father, though it was unlikely the cub could see the cringe that his nuzzle brought about. Still, Scar made no attempt to push the boy away, and offered an amused chuckle when the cub vowed not to let the extra food go to waste. Who knows? Perhaps with a little extra meat on his bones, Nuka could grow up to be strong and surprise them all. Perhaps if his own parents had allowed a young Taka to have more than his fair share, Scar would be bigger, as well. It wasn't likely, for Mufasa had always been more able-bodied, but it was something the dark king wondered about in his bitterness.

By the way Nuka stumbled over his words, the older lion could tell he was nervous in his father's presence. He was still weak, despite his courageous attempts to bond with the glaring lion. Next the young prince inquired about the king's preference, which caused Scar to sigh aloud as his bright green eyes rolled upwards. This was a question that had no truthful answer, for both of the cubs were smaller than average. Their sisters, who were not especially large themselves for their age, were still taller than both cubs. It wasn't about which cub looked more like their father. If that were true, Scar would have made an effort to find the lost Giza, who was nearly his carbon copy. "I have no favorite. Appearance wouldn't dictate my preference, anyway. I will say, being the eldest makes no difference. Being born first does not mean one is more capable." For only a split second, the king's face changed. A flicker of a wicked smile appeared, but as soon as it showed on his maw, it was gone. "Kifu is too gentle, too much like his mother, from what I have witnessed. How long would a king last, being soft like that?"
Back to top Go down
Nuka

Nuka

PostSubject: Re: Princely Insecurities   Princely Insecurities EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Nuka smiled greatly as his father had said that appearance wasn't a factor in choosing his heir, and now that Nuka thought about it, there would have been a more harsh effort to find Giza. But the cub didn't care about his half siblings anymore, all he knew was that he still had a chance. When Scar had mentioned that Kifu was too soft, Nuka nodded in agreement, "A king has to be firm yet soft when needed, a king must act just like you father! You're harsh but yet, you show such compassion for our pride. Kifu, he wouldn't be able to handle the stress that ruling a kingdom would give to a lion. For all I know, he could let in any rogue lion! They would take his sisters away and create unroyal spawn and use up all of our resources," Unroyal? Nonroyal? Were those even words? The cub didn't even know anymore. Nuka titled his head and smiled, his grin similar to a grin capable of a scheming Scar. "When I grow up, I want to be strong and an amazing king, just like you father!"

But Nuka had no idea what a horrible king his father was, how weak his father truly was. Oh how he would end up eating those words in the future when he was older. The cub laid down on the ground and moved his claws carefully on the den floor, creating little scratches in the dirt but not making a sound. Nuka loved the feeling of the dirt beneath his claws! It made him feel so free, not having to worry about keeping his claws in and feeling so confined. But Nuka pondered over what his father had said before, how just because one was first born, doesn't mean he wasn't capable. "Father, about what you said before, isn't that contradicting? I thought you were the first and only born? Didn't you take over for your father and mother?" No one had dared spoke about the death of Mufasa or how Scar was only a younger brother, formally named Taka. Although would this be the day that Scar opened up to his youngest cub? Or would he shoo him out of the den like he did with almost every other cub but Ari. Nuka wondered about his eldest half-sister, why did his father favor her so much?

Although there would be time to figure that out later and Nuka awaited for his father to answer his question. Although he would wait to respond appropriately, the dusty russet cub's mind was whirling with new ideas. How could he grow stronger to protect his father? Could his father possibly train him? What about his mother? Crimson eyes fell to his father's lanky figure and Nuka seemed slightly disappointed. From what he had learned from the elder lionesses, many of the genes in a cub came from the father, although in rare cases it didn't seem to be plausible. Is this the reason Nuka was so weak? That his father didn't have the suitable genes? Was that the reason that all of his brothers and sisters -even though only half- were weaker than the average cub? What about Heshima's new litter? They had been sired by an unwanted enemy but had seemingly died upon birth. Nuka scoffed to himself, it serves her right for going out alone, and now she was paying the price. Nuka realized it even though his father would deny it, Heshima was a prisoner, and nothing more. His eyes shut for a moment and a proud look emerged on his face. "Don't worry father, I promise you, I will grow stronger, to protect you!" Although, Nuka's promise would fall short soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Scar

Scar

PostSubject: Re: Princely Insecurities   Princely Insecurities EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:23 pm

As Scar listened to his youngest cub rant on about the pressures of ruling a kingdom and how his brother was clearly not destined to reign, he couldn't help but smirk. Nuka had nerve, his father had to give him that. Memories of a young Taka surfaced in the king's mind, of relentlessly questioning his parents about why Mufasa had more rights to the throne then his barely younger brother, and of begging for his father's consideration. How it hadn't been fair that being born mere minutes later meant that he would be punished for a lifetime. "A king who shows weakness is a dead one," he commented cryptically.

Little did Nuka know the truth, nor did any of the spawn of King Scar understand the circumstances that had created his legacy in the Pridelands. Well, better that he hear the story from his father than one of the lionesses, who would certainly twist the tale. Of course, whatever information Scar decided to share that day would likely be far from the truth, as well, but he wouldn't offer much. It was better that the cubs not be curious about their departed uncle. "No. I had a brother, but he's been dead for many years. There were two of us, now only one." He was terse, his tone as irritable as usual, and he hoped Nuka would know better than to ask more questions.

The king's mind lingered on something the cub had said though, about his sisters being taken away and forced to mate with common lions. Scar had not given a great deal of thought to his daughters' futures. Giza was gone now and pressumably dead. Ari, well, Scar would just assume kill a lion for glancing at his favorite cub. She would be watched closely to avoid any such unpleasantness. That left only Tasa. Why would Scar give her away to just any lion? She was a princess, and thus was too good to lose to youthful lust or love. Scar wondered if any of his neighbors would be needing a fine queen once she was of age, a lioness of royal bloodlines to create more kings. What could he gain in return, though? He had plenty of time to think about it, and he shook his head to focus on Nuka again. "I believe you can keep your promise, with hard work and extra effort, son. Has your mother started your training?"

[[That new icon of Nuka is adorable!]]
Back to top Go down
Nuka

Nuka

PostSubject: Re: Princely Insecurities   Princely Insecurities EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:50 pm

The young cub's heart sunk when he was told that he had a deceased uncle, and was even more depressed when his father said that he had taken the throne. But Nuka quickly put two and two together and gave his father a rhetorical question, "He was Sarabi's mate wasn't he father? That's why she's so solemn these days, correct?" It was clear that Nuka had inherited the brains of his parents along with a more regal dialect, but that way of speech had a slight chance of disappearing sooner than he though. Nuka quickly formed another idea into his head, Sarabi was so kind to the cubs, Scar's or not, so she had to have some respect given to her. "Sarabi would be your sister-in-law then father, but why does the rest of the pride treat her like scum?" By the rest of the pride, Nuka was referring to his mother and her group of lionesses that seemed to be her followers. The cub averted his eyes to the ground, dropping the subject of his deceased family almost all together, "I'll be sure to treat her with respect, yet, shouldn't everyone?"

But Nuka didn't smile because his father had noticed his promise and thought he could achieve it, it was when Scar referred to him as 'son'. It had been the first time that Scar had seen him as his own blood -in Nuka's eyes- and recognized him as such. It was bliss that the young cub felt and he knew that he was taking a step in the right direction. Who else would have been so successful, besides Ari, to gain a slight amount of their father's attention? But then, Scar asked about training and Nuka's ears flattened as he looked to his paws once again. "No, she hasn't. Mother honestly seems to be avoiding me, like I'm some sort of infection that she wants nothing to do with. Have I done something to wrong her father? I understand that she's the queen and all, but there must be some time for relaxation no? Even just a little, just to make sure she doesn't overwork herself." Many lionesses would disagree with what the prince had just said, some thought that she did too little to be considered queen while others thought that she had done just enough. Crimson eyes sought to meet his father's jade and he wished for his father to agree with him. But Nuka knew that might not happen, besides, his father had just given him so much generosity. He didn't wish to milk the system.

Nuka's sensitive cub ears picked up the sound of an elephant's trumpeting call and he turned his head. Yet another idea flew through the cub's mind and he turned to his father, "Father, what do you think about the elephants? We can offer up a truce can't we? We don't dare touch their herd and they become the pride's personal protectors? I'm not old enough to fully protect you yet father, so can't the elephants do so? I don't think that there's a lion out there idiotic enough to try to take down a full grown elephant, especially if that elephant is escorting the king!" The large mammals were big, strong, and muscular. They could be perfect bodyguards for his father and the royal family and in turn their alliance could help bring the herds back. Nuka wasn't stupid, he knew that the herds had left because of the drought, but the cub didn't know how bad the situation at home really was. But for now he would try to help in the best ways that he could, and if offering up ideas was the only way he could do so? Than so be it! The cub cared about his family, although there were times that he didn't show it. But soon enough, he would be strong, strong enough to protect his father and mother and any more siblings that he might have in the future. Might, being the keyword in the note.

[Thank ya Bee! And here's Nuka and his elephant theory again. Wink]
Back to top Go down
Scar

Scar

PostSubject: Re: Princely Insecurities   Princely Insecurities EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:48 pm

Scar noted the faint look of sadness that crossed his son's features when he realized his uncle and cousin were long gone, and he gave an annoyed snort, wishing that he had kept the information to himself after all. Whatever patience the lion had for his son quickly evaporated as Nuka questioned his father about Sarabi, and her place within the pride. Scar had never cared for the former queen personally, and his eyes narrowed at Nuka. "Sarabi is a failure of a lioness. Her only cub is dead, and she lost her title. Now she is just a pride lioness, and a lousy hunter." In fact, Sarabi was the leader of the hunting party, and during more plentiful times, she had been very skilled indeed. It wasn't her fault that the herds had begun to leave, but Scar still blamed the old queen for the failures of her hunting party.

He would have to speak to his mate about her treatment of their only cub, though he saw no issue with his own neglect of his youngest son. It was a mother's duty to give birth to healthy cubs and raise them to be strong, but Zira had already failed just by delivering such a weak specimen for a cub. But in all honesty, Scar could not blame his striped mate for her inattentiveness when it came to Nuka. To that day, and likely until his last, Scar would never see Nuka the way his son wanted so badly. "Perhaps you should bring your field mice to your mother next time," he offered with a shrug. Any attention or perceived affection was merely coincidental, but now it was clear that Scar had had enough of his one-on-one time with the youngster.

The king would later ponder Nuka's suggestion about the elephants, for he could see some wisdom in the idea, but the species tended to avoid one another, and Scar doubted he could convince the pachyderm herd to stay close to his pride. Still, he would see if it could work, though he would not offer adulation for his son's interesting idea. Instead, he brushed it aside as if it was lunacy, and he grumbled, "Why are you in here instead of play fighting outside with your sisters and brother? Don't you have enough siblings for your liking?" As he gazed down upon his weakling of a son, Scar was beginning to realize that the easiest route would be to simply have more cubs. Another litter meant more opportunities for the son he so desired. It seemed unfair that Mufasa's only child had been a strong, suitable male heir, while Scar's attempts to produce a future king had resulted only in princesses and runt-like princes.
Back to top Go down
Nuka

Nuka

PostSubject: Re: Princely Insecurities   Princely Insecurities EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 6:20 pm

The young prince listened intently as his father ranted about how Sarabi was a failure of a lioness and he nodded, but just because his father disliked the lioness didn't mean that Nuka had to as well. In the cub's eyes, everyone that was, is, or is somehow related to the royal family should be respected. "Yes father, I understand. A lioness who fails at hunting is a failure of a lioness," Nuka wondered if the only reason his father labeled Sarabi as a failed hunter was because the herds have left the lands? There was barely any prey in the lands anymore and Nuka was able to realize that. The pride couldn't be fed on little field mice like Scar had said, and the only way to get the larger prey would possibly be leaving the lands and wandering outside of the borders. But Nuka knew that his father wouldn't let anyone leave the borders, even the hyenas were under close watch except for the "spies" who were sent to the Shadowlands.

And with the thought of field mice, Scar brought it up again and Nuka's ears flattened. He inched back slightly and closed his eyes to his father's chastisement, it was clear that Scar was getting annoyed with his son's presence. "Y-Yes father, I understand," That line seemed to be something that Scar must hear often, for poor Nuka had said that twice in a row. There was some kind of commanding power that Scar seemed to hold, even though he was king. There was something else, and the emotion of fear ran through Nuka's body. His eyes widened when Scar had questioned why he was even here, as if he had forgotten why they had already established that fact. He mentioned his siblings and Nuka made a statement that was the exact opposite of what he normally felt. "Half-siblings father, they aren't my full blooded siblings. They aren't worth my time, I'd rather be an only child then run around and fight with them. Besides father, Kifu's too weak, and beating him at every fight gets boring after a while, you understand correct?"

That was probably the worst thing Nuka could have done, the way he said that seemed to make him talk to his father as an equal. He had nerve, Scar had to of given him that, but Nuka pulled a stupid move. Realizing his mistake he bowed his head and excused himself. "It seems I have overstayed my welcome father, I'll take my leave," Nuka turned around and started to pad out of the den, but then he stopped in his tracks. He had to make up for something and he smiled even though Scar couldn't see it. "I think it's a great thing you did father, taking your brother's position as king. I'm sorry he isn't around to see how good of a king and father you are. Thank you for increasing my rations, you won't regret doing so. I hope I can be as great as a king you are someday," And with that Nuka padded out of the den and into the dull light that tried to shine through the clouds. Something was changing, Nuka could feel it, but he couldn't grasp it. Something with his father stuck in his mind, he said Kifu was weak. An extra bounce was in his step as he exited the den in search of his mother. His training wouldn't begin tomorrow, next week, or next year. It would begin today!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Princely Insecurities   Princely Insecurities Empty

Back to top Go down

Princely Insecurities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TLK: Dark Horizon :: More To Do Than Can Ever Be Done :: Archives-
Jump to: