HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
Endless Days EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
Endless Days EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
Endless Days EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
Endless Days EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
Endless Days EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
Endless Days EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
Endless Days EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
Endless Days EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
Endless Days EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Endless Days

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scar

Scar

Pride Points : 451661

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:39 pm

The blazing African sun was directly overhead as Scar traversed his kingdom, alone. At high noon, it was far too hot to be out, and most of the pride was napping in the shade near Pride Rock, but the dark king was restless. It had been countless months since the kingdom had seen rain, with not a single cloud graced the blue sky that day. The ground below his paws was parched, and Scar decided to go to the water hole to quench his thirst. Not a single living creature seemed willing to brave the heat today, and Scar so no other signs of life but a small herd of elephants lumbering in the distance.

There were whispers within the pride. The lionesses no doubt spoke about their monarch when he was away, Scar could sense it. Though he would never admit such a thing, Scar was well aware that the majority of his so-called followers blamed him for the state of the Pridelands. They blamed him! The idea was so preposterous it was laughable, but as time wore on, Scar felt less inclined to laugh. His mood was often sour, which did little to warm up his subjects. That day, his demeanor was dark as usual, his green eyes sharp, wary. He approached the shrinking water hole and stooped to lap up some of the liquid. He could remember when the kingdom had been lush and vibrant, under his father's rule. Even Mufasa had earned the respect of the animals that lived there. Now, the herds would rather be elsewhere.

Peering down at his reflection, Scar glared down at the image before him. He still believed vehemently that he was the rightful king of the Pridelands, but without loyal subjects willing to do his bidding, he was hardly a king at all. This thought brought a scowl to his features. Perhaps he had been handling leadership in all the wrong ways. It would give him something to ponder as he settled down beside the water's edge.
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

Pride Points : 451484

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:20 pm

The sun was high, the heat was high, everything seemed to be laying low in the shadows of the den. But Heshima had the rare itch to go out into the lands and take a stroll. But where would she go? Maybe around the waterhole, a visit to Rafiki might be in order, but where ever she went she'd be back soon enough. Even so, whispers could be heard through the pride about her foolishness of leaving the safety and coolness of the den, but Heshima didn't care, she had to stretch her legs.

The lioness had never been close with the pride, always slinking away in times of trouble. Shy and submissive, she was bound to get hurt one way or another. Pushing these thoughts to the side, the cream colored female walked the barren ground that had not seen water in months. It saddened her, but why should it be Scar's fault? The lands were just grieving for Mufasa's death, even if it had been over two years. That's what Heshima put in her mind that is, but for all she knew, it could be extremely different.

The waterhole came in sight and Heshima pulled over on her stroll to take a sip of water, the liquid refreshing her slightly dry mouth. She didn't take too much, but just a small amount so the other animals could share in the life-giving element. But when Heshima raised her head, she found none other than her king lounging across the watering hole. Embarrassed and scared that she did not see nor recognize his presence earlier, Heshima bowed and stammered, "My apologies King Scar, I didn't notice you here sire," But with her submissive nature, Heshima didn't release the bow, but stayed in the position awaiting a non-existent punishment for a foolish reason. Heshima always thought the worse, and this time was no different.
Back to top Go down
Scar

Scar

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Sleep was almost within grasp when the scent of a lioness filled his dark nostrils. Scar's dark maned head shot up quickly to see who was intruding upon his quiet time, and he instantly recognized the newcomer to be one of his own, a quiet female called Heshima. Within seconds, the pale lioness realized she was not alone, and embarrassment played her light features. An amused grin appeared as the king rose to his paws, visually inspecting the younger lioness. Her stature was about the same as his own, and her gaze remained cast downward. It was not often that Scar received this amount of respect, if it could be called that, and he was pleased. "There's no need to apologize, my dear. I am actually glad to see you."

Such a lioness was invaluable to the dark king, though the idea was only beginning to occur to him. She was weak, and her stance was far more submissive than any he had seen from her fellow pride sisters. He knew very little about Heshima, as he had little interest in anyone unless it benefited him. His sly smile only widened as he approached her, head held high in a manner befitting a king. It was a fact, she had no strong alliances within the pride, instead keeping to herself whenever possible. Unfortunately for her, today would not be one of those days, and Scar sat down before her, awaiting eye contact as he spoke again, his voice smooth as silk.
"The others are lazy. But you're not much like them, are you?"

While it was difficult for Scar to trust anyone, he found Heshima to be so submissive that it only made him feel more powerful. It was a feeling he craved, and an uneasy smile remained on his muzzle.
"What are you doing out here all by your lonesome?" Finally, he fell silent to allow her to answer his multitude of inquiries, bright green eyes fixed on her pale form.
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:52 am

Heshima's eyes snapped open and her head raised slightly quicker than normal. Scar was glad to see her? It was a rare occasion for the king to be glad to see anyone, most of the lionesses back at the den said that he was only happy to see food, but this was a rare chance that the lioness was sure to relish. She winced slightly as the king approached, but was quickly relieved when he only sat instead of reprimanded.

The female's tail flicked as the russet lion questioned about the pride being lazy, and in Heshima's mind that was only half true. The hunting party that she was seldom part of tried their best, and even she felt exasperated after a days worth of finding nothing. But before she could answer, Scar thrust another question upon her. This one she could answer easily, and before long, her king fell silent to give her the chance to answer. Timidly she voiced her replies,

"No sire, I am not as lazy as I have seen the pride as of late," Heshima found this as a better way to answer than to say her king was wrong about pride morale; she would surely be reprimanded for that. "Even ones who stay stationary in the shadows such as I need to move once in a while, it's just a simple stroll my king," The lioness' violet eyes never left her king's although he didn't seem to meet them. She was taught by her mother to respect the deceased king's brother, and respect him she shall.
Back to top Go down
Scar

Scar

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:34 am

Most of the lionesses recoiled when their king was near, but Heshima appeared to be only slightly disturbed by his presence now. Her eyes were an unusual violet hue, and though her gaze remained averted, Scar could see a certain allure in them. Still, stare as he might, Heshima would not look at him. The russet lion rose to his paws again, stepping closer yet to the lioness to see how she would react to his close proximity. He stopped once he was so near to her that if he reached out a paw, he could easily touch her, sick smile still spread across his features.

Listening to her comments, Scar was happy to note that there was no accusatory tone. She agreed that the hunting party was lazy, which explained why they so often failed. While the lioness was being purposefully agreeable, Scar misinterpreted this to mean that there was a chance that she would be the loyal follower he had dreamed of, and that she wouldn't argue with what he had in mind now. The lioness Sarafina had already provided a son and heir apparent, but as is typical for the twisted monarch, Scar was not satisfied.

"You've grown up splendidly, my dear. Why, it seems like only yesterday, you were just a little thing. Now look at you." As he spoke, his green-and-yellow eyes continued their inspection. She was fully grown now, and at a tender age when many young lionesses became mothers for the first time. The thought only caused his smile to widen, and he slowly circled Heshima one time before stopping once again just in front of the young female. Most likely, the lioness had not yet realized how beautiful she was, how... desirable. Surely it was time to inform her of the fact. He paused to see how she would react to his words, feigning a look of innocence in case it made her increasingly nervous.
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:56 pm

Her breathing hitched slightly when her king approached, such a close proximity was slightly terrifying. And with her timidness, she wouldn't be able to do anything about it. But she held her position with as much calmness as she could muster, to not show her king that she feared him as much as everyone thought she did. She may be shy and submissive, but Heshima feared almost nothing, and loyalty to her king was one thing she did not fear.

Bright violet eyes followed her king's every move as he circled around her, commenting on how much she had grown. Was he trying to impress her? Scar was an odd lion, his methods were.. questionable, but it gave him an element of mystery that intrigued Heshima slightly. An act of innocence crossed her king's face which she took as the real thing.

"My king, surely I still have time to grow, I still am only a cub compared to you sire," Heshima was half of the dark king's age, the same age as his deceased nephew Simba. Heshima slouched slightly and averted her eyes from her king's gaze. Even with being alone with her king, Heshima's timidness shined through yet again. It was a trait she had since cub-hood, but her mother always said that with companionship, she would grow out of this trait, even if she was a full grown adult.
Back to top Go down
Scar

Scar

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Her timidness had been misconstrued as frightfulness, but as Scar circled the lioness, she didn't shy away. Most lionesses were too afraid of the king to be out alone, but this one didn't shrink away, only kept her gaze downcast. He made note of this silently. Perhaps it was not fear after all, but awe? The thought tickled Scar. It was about time someone showed him a little adoration. His twisted smile vanished with Heshima's comment, an underhanded insult to his own advancing age. It was not something Scar was willing to admit, but with every passing year, he was forced to face his own mortality. It announced itself with creaking bones, with the slow drain of energy. Youthfulness was no longer in the sharp features of the king, as it was in the lioness.

Still, he remained cool, in spite of his ruffled feathers.
"Come now, you make me seem like an old man. I still have some life in me." A recurring thought was creeping into the dark male's mind. Heshima was born during a prosperous, when many cubs were produced. Most of them had survived to adulthood, but not all. If Simba had survived, he would be the same age as the lioness before him. The idea made him cringe, but with the assumption that Simba had been destroyed long ago, he brushed the thought aside. The ghosts of the past haunted his consciousness on a daily basis.

It did not seem to matter what Heshima thought of herself, she was no longer a cub. There was a distinct feminine scent in the air, and the king's dark nostrils flared as he circled her a second time, like a buzzard, inching closer this time around. He was known as king of a dying land, ruler of the despondent, but he knew of at least one way to bring new vitality to the Pridelands.
"Be truthful with me, Heshima." Her name was exhaled like a purr, rumbling in his throat. "Are you happy here?" He paused again before her, asking for honesty, and his eyes were locked on hers to detect any deceit.
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 2:29 pm

The female cringed with regret after her comment as she saw her king's smile vanish. She did not mean to disrespect her ruler, only to note the age differential between the two. None the less, ever since Heshima became an adult, whispers had been going around the pride about how she was now able to bear cubs. In the back of her mind, Heshima was alright with the idea of cubs, but she was still young, and cubs wouldn't be her first priority.

With Scar's comment about him still having life in him, Heshima bowed in her embarrassment, "My apologies sire, I did not mean to disrespect you," But her head was back up in a flash and she watched cautiously as Scar circled her yet again, maybe this was one of his 'methods' that Heshima found odd, although he didn't seem to circle anyone that he talked to. The female knew a plan was starting to form into her king's mind, and she didn't know if she'd like it.

But then, a question came from Scar's muzzle that caught the lioness off-guard. Was she happy here? She spoke the truth within her next words, not even caring to bend them to suit her king for she couldn't lie with these. "Although I have nothing holding me back family wise, I am happy here," Violet eyes closed and a sigh was emitted, "Alas sire, I miss life without the hyenas," her sentence wasn't complete and although she could be alluding to Mufasa's reign, she wasn't, her eyes snapped open and met her king's studying them closely, "the hyenas are a good militia for the pride in times of need, but they did interfere with two very recent hunts I have been allowed to take part of, but it only seems to be that they're starting to interfere now,"

Now, to get back to the original question, "I am happy my king, the only thing I would like is a family since as you know rouge hyenas killed mine when I was a cub, you remember don't you? You comforted me when my mother died, for that I was ever grateful. But a family, I miss it so, with one I would be happier but truthfully I am happy," The female finally stopped and continued her gaze into her king's eyes, a sharp bright green that struck fear into the hearts of many. So powerful, the same eyes that the cub Mheetu had inherited. With those eyes, Heshima was sure that Scar's son would grow to be an excellent king, possibly surpassing Scar.
Back to top Go down
Scar

Scar

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:40 pm

As Heshima quickly realized her mistake in commenting on the age difference between the two, a slow smile spread across the sharp features of the king. Her apology was accepted with a curt nod, for she seemed genuinely sorry for her thoughtless comment. He was more accustomed to the backhanded insults that some of the others whispered beneath their breath, but Heshima was different. Scar could see that now. She lacked the utter disrespect that some of the others seemed to possess, which Scar misconstrued as a sign of veiled adoration.

Whether Scar would admit it or not, he was well aware that most of the lionesses would have given him a contrary response to his question. Misery was a constant companion of the pride now, who among them would be content? As the lioness had guessed, a plan was forming within the king's twisted mind, and his smile broadened as he circled the lioness a final time, listening to her words with great interest. He made no move to scold the lioness for her disparaging remarks about his minions, the hyenas, for he knew none of his leonine companions cared for their presence in the Pridelands. Most were not honest enough to admit that the hyenas were a problem, but Scar failed to see it as such. In his mind, the unsuccessful hunts were a result of unsuccessful hunters, with Sarabi at the helm. More often, the lionesses returned without a decent kill, and it was increasingly common for the Pridelanders to go to sleep with hunger gnawing at their bellies.

"I can assure you, the hyenas are only here temporarily." It was difficult to know if Scar believed what he said, but it was unlikely. The mangy brutes were his greatest ally now, as most lions found Scar to be difficult to trust. The hyenas would do whatever he pleased, if he promised them a quick meal. As her violet eyes locked with his own jade orbs, Scar's sickening grin spread further across his maw. Her final response seemed to please him even more. The idea formulating in his dark mind was only solidified by the words the female uttered.

In truth, Scar couldn't recall the demise of Heshima's family, and whether or not he had played a role in it. There had been so much death in the kingdom, it was difficult to keep the details straight. Regardless, the young lioness had memories that served Scar's purpose, and he nodded sagely along with her story. Obviously he could not relate to the longing for one's parents, as Scar had never been especially close to either of his, due to their preference for their older son. But he was good at pretending.
"My poor dear, you've been alone for some time now, haven't you?" In a rare display, he stepped closer to the lioness, using his dark maned head to caress under her chin in an attempt at affection. If all she wanted was a family, well, Scar could easily provide her with that. "I can't help but be reminded of how fortunate you are to have your pride, to have me watching out for you."
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:34 pm

The words that the hyenas would be temporary gave Heshima a sense of false hope, she knew it was a quick lie for her king had no intention of getting them to leave. But he could possibly be telling the truth, Heshima never could know really the workings in her king's mind. Only that he was a ruler, and he had a responsibility as a king. And currently, that responsibility was shining brightly.

For the king had now placed his head under hers and nuzzled ever so gently and ever so quickly. It took the lioness a moment to realize what had happened. The lioness leaned in and returned the gesture for a slightly bit longer than her king did, her heart raced slightly at the fact. She wasn't falling for her king was she? "Ever since my late cub years sire," she began, pulling away and locking her gaze onto her king once more, "my pride and you my king are the two things I thank the great kings of the past for. Both of you have helped me grow into the lioness I am today,"

Heshima had exited out of her adolescent years months ago, but she was still a cub in the aspects of love and similar things. She was always told she might fall too fast for whoever caught her eye and tried to pass on his genes. But she was determined to make sure it didn't happen, even if said lion was her sly king, Scar.
Back to top Go down
Scar

Scar

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Scar's bold faced lie about the hyenas was accepted easily by Heshima, or so it appeared. Any fool knew that the hyenas were too valuable to Scar for him to turn them out now. Without them, he wouldn't be the king he was today. None of the Pridelanders had guessed just how essential to his plots the mangy beasts had been. Much to Scar's great pleasure, no attempt was made on the female's part to avoid his advances. On the contrary, she returned the gesture willingly.

Now he wondered, why hadn't he noticed her sooner? It was no secret that few of the lionesses trusted Scar, and all due respect was feigned on their part. It was about time that his followers started acting this way. Heshima was a good start. Without familial guidance, she likely didn't have the sense to avoid Scar's advances. After all, she was out and about on her own in dangerous times when so few lionesses dared to do the same. A mother would warn her daughter the steer clear of the king, especially unaccompanied. It could only lead to trouble, and there was no one present to steer the lioness in the right direction. Heshima seemed less shy as the two continued to talk, and Scar was mesmerized by her unusual violet eyes. He had never seen such eyes before.

It was too good to be true, Scar thought, as Heshima gave credit to her king for her survival. The promised protection of a pride was undoubtedly the reason many of his subjects stayed, and Scar was not going to convince them otherwise. He painted the world beyond the Pridelands to be inhospitable, wild and dangerous, so that none of his lionesses would dare step outside of the borders of his kingdom.
"And what a lovely lioness you have become." Scar would not kid himself into seeing his advances as love, or anything close to it. What was love, anyway? He did feel the urge to keep Heshima safe, regardless if it was for his own selfish desires and goals. "You're not like the other lionesses. I have always thought so. You carry yourself with a certain... dignity." It was impossible to tell if Scar's flattery was truthful or not, but the look in his bright green eyes seemed to suggest a certain gentleness that the monarch was not known for.
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:13 pm

It amazed the adult lioness the ease of being able to talk to her king. Shy, timid, those words have always seemed to describe her perfectly. Was she finally becoming the lioness her mother always saw in her? Was her king manipulating her to the way she wanted to be? It was true she did not see the king's advances as love, for that was foolish for him to love a young lion like herself. But she did see a sense of desire, was he just using her for his own personal gain? It wasn't something to ask out front, but manipulate it into her responses. Deducing was always one of her strong points. Surely she'd be able to find out the real reason behind his kindness.

"Not as lovely as some of the other lionesses of the pride no? Beauty has never been my strong point nor ever will be my king, unless you think otherwise?" Then the comment of dignity clawed at her mind. Dignity? She just spoke with respect, dignity was never a thought. But if the king thought so, then maybe she did. "Dignity sire? You believe so?" Heshima's violet eyes locked onto her king's once more, noticing a certain softness in them, one that she had not seen before. But were they truthful? Or was it just a ploy for the young lioness?
Back to top Go down
Scar

Scar

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:07 am

Everything Scar did was calculated and self-serving. He believed his subjects were there to fulfill his whims and wishes. Wasn't that what being king was all about? The ones who openly disagreed left the Pridelands, or were cast out by the king for their insolence. Many of the lionesses remained because of a sense of loyalty to the land and to their ancestors. Scar had never been one to believe in the great kings. What had they ever done for him? But that day, perhaps his luck was turning around. Before him, an attractive lioness who was completely unaware of the fact. How had he not seen it until this moment? With no family to warn her against it, Heshima was his for the taking. She was still young, but not too young to be useless anymore. His mind was already decided, and he turned the charm up a notch. She claimed not to realize her own beauty. Perhaps she hadn't noticed her own reflection in the water hole lately. He chuckled under his breath, shaking his head as if he was chastising a silly cub. "Surely you can't be serious, Heshima. I can scarcely remember finding a lioness as beautiful as you. Your eyes are like jewels." Flirtation was not Scar's finest skill, flattery had never come naturally, but he hoped he could convince her of it. It was not common for the king to give compliments of any kind to the lionesses. But for once, the russet lion spoke the truth. Her appeal was undeniable.

"I admire your independence. I have always felt that it's a sign of strong character." Yes, the young lioness had many admirable qualities. Most importantly, she didn't recoil in fear or disgust when her king came near. For that reason alone, Scar was impressed with the pale lioness. "I also believe a lioness should be gentle and reserved, unless she is doing her duties as a hunter or mother." Emphasis was placed on the last word meaningfully. His eyebrows arched questioningly as he watched Heshima now with bated breath, eager to see how she would respond to his comments. This too was an honest statement, for he found it easier to control the ones who were quiet and submissive.
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:03 pm

If she could blush, one would be a deep crimson and spread across her cheeks. Scar's words were ones not spoken to her in her entire life. And she was falling, hard. Just like she was predicted to do, just become some lion came and sweet talked his way into her life. But none would have guessed that the lion that would do so would be the king of the lands, and no one would have guessed it would be Scar. Heshima didn't think of herself as beautiful for she had never been called it, but to be called that by someone else was amazing. She was young, well, young enough to not have had a love life but old enough to be a mother.

The word mother ran through her head exactly when Scar had noted it. The lioness' breathing noticeably hitched and her violet eyes shot up to Scar. "M-mother? S-surely I'm not qualified to be a m-mother yet sire..." The idea of mothering cubs shocked Heshima, and the fact that Scar brought it up scared her slightly. Was this his plan? For him to give Heshima the chance to mother a litter of cubs; his cubs? The long forgotten voice of her father ran through her head, 'Now Heshi, don't go running off when you're big and have cubs willy-nilly. Promise?' 'I promise daddy,' Would she be breaking her promise to her father?

"S-sire," Heshima stuttered, but nothing else formed. She couldn't figure out what to say and stayed silent, her head hung low and eyes averted her king's. It was visible that her brain and hormones were fighting and to most males, it would be a sign that her submissive side was coming out. But what was the right thing to do? The pale lioness stayed silent until her king would speak, trying to forget that she had even said anything a moment ago.
Back to top Go down
Scar

Scar

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:00 pm

When it came to the subtle mannerisms of fellow lions, Scar was excellent at deducing the situation. But as Heshima struggled to enunciate, it was obvious she was not comfortable with the subject at hand. Scar's ears pricked forward as Heshima voice stuttered, and the word 'qualified' rang poignant to the king. Indeed, it was something to consider. The lioness was rather ordinary, her lineage unimpressive when compared with the royal blood within the older lion. Many kings would not consider Heshima a worthy mate, but her submissive nature made her all the more appealing to Scar. But was she deserving of the honor of birthing little princes? One final time, Scar began to slowly circled the lioness, sizing her up once again with his sharp green eyes. "On the contrary, my dear. You meet all of the qualifications."

It didn't take a genius to see that Heshima was becoming increasingly fearful now, and Scar wasted no further time. He brushed his side against Heshima's flank as he turned around her. As he slowly walked back to meet her gaze again, his fur bristled against her own, they were touching now. He stopped when the two were shoulder-to-shoulder, and attempted to nuzzle the pale lioness again, craning his head over her own. A rough purr rumbled as the king nipped at Heshima's ear playfully, in an attempt to seem more youthful. It was a side of the dark one that none of the Pridelanders had ever seen. He was putting a good deal of effort into sweet talking Heshima, rather than just having his way with her, and he could sense that it was working.

"All lionesses dream of becoming mothers," Scar guessed. She was close now, closer than she had ever been to her king before, and though she could still escape Scar's lure, it was clear that he would only follow her. The male couldn't seem to move away from the lioness, now that their forms were touching. "Think of how proud your parents would be. Their daughter, mother of kings."
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:22 pm

A smile crossed Heshima's face as the king's affection made her heart swoon. When Scar nuzzled her she returned the gesture out of sheer respect, and out of infatuation. A nip to the ear, it was unexpected, and it made her shudder against her king's rich russet pelt. She knew it would be passed onto his children, although Mheetu was an exception. But then the timid female did something completely unexpected of herself. She leaned her head onto her king's shoulder, and nuzzled him slightly, keeping her position after the affection was given.

'Mother of kings,' a title her parents would surely be proud of. But was it right? Heshima was so young, so disposable, what if she bore no cubs such as her mother, or bore no sons as many of the pride's females have done of late. The female's tail unintentionally intertwined with her king's as she stared at the horizon. Yet another fear came into her mind, what if the cubs weren't strong? Sarafina was a healthy and strong lioness, her build larger than her own and making up for Scar's lanky one. But Heshima was of the same stature as her king, but she had to know.

"But what if they are not strong like you sire? W-what if they are weak like me? Would you still care for them?" It was clear that now Heshima wasn't going to back out of it, for her submissiveness had taken over. Besides, it would be an honor for her and her bloodline to carry the offspring of her king in her womb. Wouldn't it? What did she have to worry about? But then, Heshima realized her mistake in questioning the parenthood skills of her king, she quickly closed her eyes and bowed her head in respect yet again, "I'm sorry King Scar, I am out of line,"
Back to top Go down
Scar

Scar

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:59 pm

It seemed Scar's gentle approach was working marvelously, and he felt his heart racing within his chest when she returned the gesture with affection of her own. Over the years, very few lions had ever shown the one once called Taka much love, and he had grown to loathe the emotion. Could this be the adoration he had craved for so long? There was no denying, the old lion felt something stirring in him, but if it was love, he wouldn't have guessed it. The urges he now felt were difficult to control, and his body quivered as he fought to hold back when he felt her tail entwined with his own.

Heshima's concerns were dismissed with a low chuckle, though the suggestion was less than amusing to Scar. It was yet to be seen if the lion was even capable of caring for his own offpsring, for he had produced Mheetu, and seemed hardly interested in the pale cub now.
"These are challenging times, Heshima, I won't deny that. The rainy season will return eventually, but who can say when? I realize the danger of bringing cubs into an uncertain situation, but I am certain you will do your best to keep your own young alive. Imagine how it will be once the Pridelands return to glory." It was a mother's job to ensure the survival of her litter. Logic suggested that if a large number of cubs was produced, the likelihood of a few surviving to adulthood was much greater. Preference would be given to any male children, naturally, for a female could not be king. It was not easy for Scar to admit that there was a problem within his kingdom, and he hoped this small show of confidence would impress the lioness. He would deny the problems vehemently to all others.

Birth order was a nuisance to Scar. His oldest son would not necessarily be chosen as his heir. After all, he had been the younger brother, and in his mind, he was far more regal than Mufasa had ever been, more deserving of the throne. More sons meant more options, and more competition between them to see who would one day be king of Pride Rock.
"I know you will do well, my beautiful one. A big litter of little Scars." He could see it already, a den full of russet fur balls, all vying for their father's approval. But, first things first. Finally, he moved away from Heshima, glancing over his shoulder with a suggestive grin. The further he could lure the lioness away from the others, the better for him. "Come with me. You will have no regrets."
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:12 pm

A small smile of confidence shined on the muzzle of the pale lioness, Scar believed in her to keep the litter alive, and by god she will. She could already imagine herself a successful mother, her cubs bouncing around her, a male and a female she imagined. She quietly questioned Mheetu into the equation, he would be her child's half-brother, would Scar even acknowledge the fact? But maybe with this new litter, the rainy seasons would come once again, giving the lands new life along with her future cubs. Her smile widened when Scar called her beautiful and noted a big litter of little Scars.

'Yes,' she thought, 'a litter of kings,' Her head moved with Scar's movements as he mentioned no regrets. Heshima's eyes narrowed slightly in a loving manner that she had not yet seen from herself. But she turned her head to look at the large rock formation known as Pride Rock one last time. She could run away, forget everything that ever happened today; but she stayed. Heshima turned her back on her home, her pride, her current life and followed the russet king away from the area. She quickly and unintentionally caught up with him and padded slowly at his side, stepping ever closer to the final result that Scar wanted. Motherhood.

-Topic End-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Endless Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endless Days   Endless Days Empty

Back to top Go down

Endless Days
Page 1 of 1