HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
Fallen Star EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
Fallen Star EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
Fallen Star EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
Fallen Star EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
Fallen Star EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
Fallen Star EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
Fallen Star EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
Fallen Star EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
Fallen Star EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Fallen Star

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tao

Tao

Pride Points : 446368

Fallen Star Empty
PostSubject: Fallen Star   Fallen Star EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Today was a special day. Today, the sunlight and the nighttime were equal. It was the day when the seasons were supposed to change, but there was little evidence that the rains would come again, save for a heap of dark clouds far in the distance, hugging the mountains where the sun rose each morning. The unnatural clouds cast strange shadows on the land, and everything seemed to glow a bloody red. A peach colored lioness, standing now at her final mature height, paced over the crest of the faultline overlooking an area that no Outlander went to. It had been the sight of an ancient meteor collision with the earth, and it had left a deep scar: a crater so wide that it would take an hour to walk from one side to the other. No one seemed to like the place, as it was foreboding, uninviting and unaesthetic. But Tao was not like the rest. Here she felt a deep spiritual connection. Her mentor, an old tortoise who she had not seen for days, had told her that it was a star fallen from the sky that had created the crater long, long ago.

On this sacred day of balance, Tao had come to that very place to create. Her ritual was entirely invented but it made the lioness feel secure, at peace; she had little control over her existence but here, she felt confident and strong. She prayed to the ancestors for the prosperity and safety of her family and pride. Her brother Kavu had not been seen for weeks now. She knew he was still alive, but the loss of another sibling to the world beyond their kingdom was very painful. Kudumu was still there, but she hardly ever saw him, let alone spoke to him. And Zivia... Only the ancestors knew where she was residing now. Were they all tormented like Tao, with endless doubt and questions: What is my purpose? Why am I here? Where will I go next?

It seemed the only peace she got was when she was alone, deep in concentration, focusing on something bigger than herself. Tao was almost three years old and the mysteries of life and death seized her mind when her worry and sorrow loosened its grip on her psyche. Adulthood was looming like the ominous clouds. The day was scathingly hot, but a sudden chill overtook Tao and she froze in her steps as her body trembled. Instantly, she understood the premonition: something was going to happen, and it would happen very soon. This something was going to affect each and every one of their lives. And for a split second, Tao was very afraid of the change that would come to them. She didn't know what it was, but she would soon discover. The lioness sat at the top of the hill, pale blue eyes closed lightly as she tried to understand something that had not yet occurred.
Back to top Go down
Kiume

Kiume

Pride Points : 450036

Fallen Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallen Star   Fallen Star EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 4:18 pm

Lani, Zivia, and now Kavu? Kiume didn't know what to think anymore. His elder son had often been keeping to himself lately but now it had been weeks since anyone had seen him. Kiume had sent out a search party but alas, he wasn't found. Kiume prayed hard that night to the Kings and Queens to keep his son safe, but as he fell asleep he felt like he had just been stabbed with a elephant tusk. He was a horrible king, a horrible father. He had just lost two of his children and he couldn't do nothing about it. However after waking up the next morning he felt slightly better about it. Yes his son was missing, but maybe he found Zivia? Maybe they were traveling together around the savannah together trying to find their way back? Or maybe they were making a life together elsewhere. In reality Kavu and Zivia weren't together, Kavu was just plain missing. But it soothed Kiume's heart to think that his two children were together. That was quite a few weeks ago and now the king was padding around the Outlands, being sure to keep his remaining two children in sight whenever possible. However he wasn't being overprotective and would only check on them from a distance every so often. Kiume had just seen Kudumu wandering around the lands and now turned his attention on his daughter Tao. After Zivia's disappearance Kiume made a grave mistake and seemingly denied his daughter a chance to the throne. But now he was going to make things right the best he could.

There was no doubt in his mind, he was getting old. He could feel it in the morning after waking up and his bones ached. His eyes felt heavy at some times and when he stared at his reflection in the small pool of water by Haven he realized they were now full wisdom and experience. His children were now adults and he couldn't think about the idea of grandchildren without fearing for Tao. Her mother had died during childbirth, there was no doubt in his mind that the same thing might happen to her. However the king had faith in his daughter that she would power through it no matter how big or small her litter was going to be. 'No Kiume, stop thinking about this stuff, you aren't that old yet,' A small smile graced the aging king's muzzle as he padded across the barren lands in which he ruled. These were the lands of his children, of exiles and of loners. The arrival of Usiku brought some pride into the king's heart although he seemed to eye the pride's females a tad bit more than he should be. But Kiume would have to talk with him later. For now his focus was on his daughter and wherever she may be. Finally after a long time of walking around in the cool morning breeze he spied her in the distance. He smiled and padded towards her, noticing that she was deep in thought. Should he turn back around? Should he wait until later to talk to her? No, there was no time like the present right? Every day this child looked more and more like her mother, especially at that moment. And it made Kiume so proud.

He padded up behind her and finally spoke, "Tao, darling?" It was at that time that the male approached his daughter and sat next to her, looking out over the barren lands that he ruled alone. "I hope I'm not interrupting things dear, you seemed to be deep in thought. I can leave however if that is what you desire. But either way I must speak with you," Except for a few differences in coloration and the obvious mane, father and daughter looked exactly alike. The two sat with Kiume not noticing the ritual his daughter had just preformed. He knew Tao was very spiritual, very smart and in touch with the ones who had passed on. However his daughter, like Kavu and Kudumu as well, was next in line to be heir to the throne. This personality quirk about her could either help or hinder the kingdom. But Kiume knew that she would use it for good and not for her own advantages. She would be the best queen the Outlands would ever have, Kiume knew that for a fact. But would she be the next queen? Or would a force that lay across the border establish her reign here before any rightful heir should claim their throne?

(OOC: I'm so sorry that this took forever. D: I honestly can't wait to kill Kiume off with how long his posts are taking to write...)
Back to top Go down
Tao

Tao

Fallen Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallen Star   Fallen Star EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Her thoughts were still consumed with concerns for an inevitable future when Tao heard the distant sounds of approaching footfall. The princess could hear the aging lion coming nearer before she spotted him, and simply by the way he carried himself, the way his paws touched the dry, cracked ground, she knew it was her father. Her eyelids were still shut lightly when his familiar voice reached her ears, but she finally opened her blue eyes again when he came to sit beside her. ”Father,” she responded in greeting, staring ahead of her into the distance. Her ceremony was complete and she didn’t mind the interruption of her father, so she offered a faint shrug. ”Go ahead, please.”

The fear that had teased her moments before resurfaced even before Kiume uttered another word. What could this be all about? It had to be serious if her father sought her own to discuss it. She finally turned her head just slightly so she could see her father from the corners of her eyes, heart beats accelerating with anxiety, and she noticed for the first time the way his eyes seemed to sink in, whether from exhaustion or from old age. Indeed, he looked more tired now than Tao had ever seen before. She had worried about her father for a long time now, worrying about his lonesome disposition, the way luck seemed to avoid him. The loss of a mate, a daughter, and a son had been painful, and Tao felt a tinge of guilt, even though she had remained faithful and seldom strayed beyond the borders. Now she was concerned for his health. No one lived forever.

She leaned closer to offer an affectionate nuzzle to her father before he spoke, noting that despite being full grown, she was still inches shorter and significantly smaller than Kiume: a trait she had undoubtedly inherited from her petite mother. But the thought of having cubs of her own had never even occurred to Tao. The dangers of reproducing had not yet occurred to her, either. But having a family generally required a mate, and thoughts of romance and relationships were far from Tao’s mind. The only lion that had paid any attention to her as of late was Usiku, who likely knew better than to flirt with the reluctant princess by now. A soft sigh escaped as she braced herself for whatever Kiume had to say, trying to remain strong for her beloved father's sake. There was nothing in the world Tao wouldn't do to please Kiume, and she gave a soft smile to encourage his news.
Back to top Go down
Kiume

Kiume

Pride Points : 450036

Fallen Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallen Star   Fallen Star EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:51 pm

Kiume smiled as his daughter leaned in for an affectionate nuzzle and he returned it. His daughter had matured into a wonderful adult, reminding Kiume of her mother every step of the way. Tao's name meant twist, it seemed fitting at the time of her birth and now Kiume wondered if the true twist was yet to come. However thoughts aside, Kiume breathed out and stared out over his kingdom. "Tao, let's put this plain and simple. Your old man is getting old," He chuckled and shook his head, "But I still got some fight left in me, don't you worry," Amber eyes turned and looked at the tawny daughter that he had created. "When you were younger I told you that when the war was over, when Scar had died and the true king of the Pridelands took his place on the throne, that I would revoke my position as king and I would move back to the lands of my birth with you and your siblings. That was such a long time ago wasn't it? Weren't you and your brothers just little cubs running amuck and terrorizing the others?" Another laugh was given, this time Kiume's own eyes seemed to smile. It had been the first real time he had laughed and felt calm and happy since the loss of Zivia and now Kavu. The ageing king still had to talk to Kudumu, see how his sanity was holding up after what had happened in the past few months. Kudumu always seemed close to his siblings, however Kiume knew that Tao and Zivia were most likely the closest pair of siblings there could have been.

The brown-maned male placed his paw upon his daughters and smiled, "You have grown up into such a fine lioness sweetheart, your mother would be so proud of you. It seems like yesterday you caught me crying and comforted me. You have grown up in front of my eyes and I could not be more proud. So proud that I feel that it is time for you to make your own decisions, not have me make them for you," Kiume's tail found its way to his daughter's and he intertwined it with hers, something he did to Lani so very long ago. "My plans have not changed Tao, when Scar has been vanquished I will return and live the rest of my life in the lands of my birth. I feel like if I don't then I will be abandoning something inside of me that I have strived so hard in my life to preserve. However when I go back, I want this to be your choice my darling," His eyes looked to the ground and his paws, "You can come with me when I go back to my home, or you may stay here and rule as the Outland's queen as I promised you so long ago," He had yet to talk to his other son about this as well, the future of the kingdom was up to Tao and him, but Kiume had no idea whether his son even wanted to rule. Or Tao for that matter, did she even want to rule either? Would Kiume have to live out the rest of his days as the king of a dying land, even though he had raised his family here and was actually proud of them? Or would one of his children take their place as ruler?

"I want you to know Tao that I respect every decision you make, whether you stay or come along with me won't make me love you any more or less. Just know that either way you're going to have to visit me every so often. And I'll always be there for you, even when I'm no longer here with you," It struck Kiume as odd that he had just referred to his own death whenever that would be, so he quickly shook his head once more and looked back at his tawny daughter. He looked at the marking, the bangs and the eyes that she had inherited from her mother. Even if Lani was gone, she still remained on earth with certain traits that each of their three children held. But even so, Kiume had to now focus on the present, not the past with his long deceased mate like he wanted to oh so badly. Being a king came first. And figuring out what was going to happen with the next ruler was more important than he wanted to admit.
Back to top Go down
Tao

Tao

Fallen Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallen Star   Fallen Star EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 2:32 am

The apprehension was building like a wildfire, and Kiume's words only added fuel to the flames. Tao did not like that her father considered himself old. Even if he was growing lankier with age, it was hard for the young lioness to accept that one day, the rest of her world would be taken from her - and it was bound to be sooner rather than later. Then the Outlander king spoke of Scar and the Pridelands, and now Tao struggled to understand the direction their conversation was about to take. The elder lion digressed though as he pondered the passage of time. Tao offered a faint smile as Kiume laughed, seemingly cheered by memories of the past when she and her brothers were still young. She had never been the sort of cub who caused trouble, leaving that instead to the boys. Instead, she had trailed behind Zivia as the older cub explored, her curiosity too great to ignore, but always keeping a watchful eye on young Tao along the way. Time had gone by so quickly; Too quickly, and the thought made her heart feel heavier still.

Ever silent, the feel of her father's paw and then tail seemed to calm to lioness momentarily, as he had always soothed her fears growing up. She felt a pang of sadness that was replaced with a vague notion of pride, which was something the princess of the wastelands seldom felt. Her father continued, and all the while Tao listened quietly, carefully considering every word that he chose. Queen? Tao had always assumed her brothers would assume the throne one day, if they felt so inclined. But now she wasn't so certain. Bright eyes watched her father's golden features as he spoke, and she noticed how very work out he looked: the way his eyes appeared heavy, the tired creases. Certainly he had always looked tired, being the sole leader of a pride, but the thought of losing her father was unbearable. She wanted to plead with him to fight what was inevitable but there was no use in that. She knew that every living organism could only last for so long before the spirit had to leave it - but the energy never died.

Sky blue eyes turned away, allowing silence to fill the gap between father and daughter. These lands were meant to be a punishment; She understood this, and yet this was her home. The Outlands were the only home she had ever known, but she didn't care about a royal title. Finally, she sighed softly, looking back to Kiume. Her expression was calm, resolute. "It is my choice to follow you. I don't believe I would be a good queen, but that isn't the point. How can we leave each other now?" It took everything she had to keep from crying; Tao was stronger than most gave her credit for. Her father had lost so much, and the thought of going away from him intentionally was unconscionable. "It will be soon," she predicted in a hushed tone, just as an unusually cool breeze tousled her bangs. "Change is coming. But I will remain beside you, Father. Trust this."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fallen Star Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallen Star   Fallen Star Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallen Star
Page 1 of 1