HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
Tue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 48 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:06 am

Share | 

Pale Figures

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heshima

Pride Points : 250184

PostSubject: Pale Figures   Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:49 pm

It had been many years since the lioness was able to move about freely in her own lands, no matter which lands they were. And honestly Heshima had never felt more free. She had received word from the Lowlands that Giza had not been there in the morning after her visit, neither had the male lion that had took her in either. Heshima knew in the back of her mind that she was looking for Tasa, bringing her remaining sister home to either the Lowlands or Ashlands. How she was able to convince the male to go with her was something that Heshima wondered about, but if they were as good of friends as Nyota claimed them to be then she was fine with it. However now Heshima was starting to worry slightly, her children were now fully adults -something that young Ari didn't have a chance to achieve- and Giza was in the same situation that she herself was in three years prior. She was now an adult, a prime target for any male that was of age. It was how Giza and her siblings came about, because their father took advantage of the pale Ashland queen. But Heshima had faith in both of her daughters that were out in the world that they would stay safe. Giza also had the male lion named Upendo with her, offering her a slight amount of protection. Still, every morning Heshima would make her way to the top of the pass and look over the Lowlands, trying to catch a glimpse of her russet or pale daughter traversing up the other side of the pass. And just like every day there were no sign of either adult.

Sighing once more, Heshima turned her head away from the Lowlands and made her way down the gentler side of the pass. Both sides of the pass became smoother as the days went on, usually from the weather and natural erosion of the earth. However everyday paws were pressed onto the pass, whether from an Ashlander or Lowlander, and that helped to smooth out the pass as well. And now the pale female's even paler paws made their way onto the ashen surface of the lands. She eyed around the lands for Nako or Kifu, but then remembered that she was out here for another reason; Zivia. That morning she had asked the female to join her on a walk later to discus some rather important things. The young Ashlander reminded Heshima of an old pridemember from the Pridelands but she couldn't put her paw on the name. She didn't know that Zivia was a princess to the Outlands, nor that she fled because she wasn't born an exile. It seemed that many of the Ashlanders were either exiled or rogues, which made Heshima consider these lands a refuge camp for whomever wished it to be. Her thoughts were now drifting back to Zivia, whose pale coat was even paler than her own. There was a much larger thing to discuss between the monarch and commoner, and that was her future. A future that would be a complete possibility now that she was an adult. A future that Heshima could see blooming almost daily with her only son; Kifu.

It was obvious to the mother of three that her son was slightly smitten over the lioness, and that fact made her giggle when he came home. But, she wasn't sure that he knew that either. However Heshima would keep her mouth shut and only lay hints to the growing adults. And now Heshima made her way through Nasika Valley, finally finding a large hill to rest on. The queen sat down and took in the surrounding area. It was beautiful in her eyes, she knew that she would be happy spending the rest of her life here. She had found one of her must trusted friends through Nako, her king. He wanted nothing more than to help the other half of the royal family, but even then Heshima couldn't shake the fact that there was something about Nako that intrigued her. They had walked in the brisk night after her nightmare, and now her feelings were starting to twist for the large brute. But pushing Nako from her mind, Heshima smiled and laid down into the ash, it pillowing the queen from the actual ground below. The valley was beautiful, and hopefully the pale lioness known as Zivia would be able to spot Heshima in the hills. Her coat was so pale it almost matched the ash just as Zivia's did. Maybe in the future the pride would naturally be pale, but all that would have to be seen once Heshima was old and retired. Maybe she would have little pale grandchildren running around the Ashlands? But would that come sooner than expected? Only time would tell.

(OOC: Fail title is fail. x.x)

Plotting Page!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zivia

Pride Points : 247158

PostSubject: Re: Pale Figures   Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:42 pm

[[Puh-lease, win title is win]]

Zivia had been in good spirits as of late, though there was always a dark mood just waiting to take over her. So far, she'd kept dark thoughts at bay by focusing on memories such as the ones she'd made here. When she first met Nako, that was a nice one. She could remember the fear that had soon turned into trust for the very giant sized lion. He had been nothing but kind to her, and though even after their encounter she was still a little hesitant, he seemed to have a heart of gold inside of him that was full of love and caring for all who resided in his Pride. She treated him like a King, and he smiled at her in a way that made her think of Kiume - in a good way. It reminded her of her father, and how he had loved her. A flash of betrayal would course through her, but then she'd push it away and remind herself that running away was for the best - that she didn't want her father and her siblings to see how torn up she was inside. Because though she still pretended every day that she was perfectly fine, that the guilt was eating at her, it was. However, she was very pleased that she managed to mask it and was even, dare she say it? Happy. She loved the Ashlanders, the Ashlands themselves.

The Ashlands had seemed a barren, dirty land when she first happened upon it, but as she wandered through the land some of the jungle beauty from the Lowlands had filtered through into her new home and she had fallen in love. Her pale coat blending in well with the ash, making it even more fun to capture lizards, though she had no desire to eat the creatures. A gazelle or a zebra she could handle, but a little lizard? She did not desire to kill needlessly and regretted her decision to kill a foal in the savannah. It made her feel slightly sick to the stomach to think that she had done that to the poor creature who had only been looking for it's mother. She allowed herself just a few moments to drown in the dark feelings that always lingered on the edges of her conscious mind, wanting to take over and cause her to lose who she was in the horrible emotions. The guilt surrounded her like an ocean, wanting to swallow her up into it's depths. The zebra foal's cries for it's mother as she tackled it to the ground rang in her ears, and she snapped her eyes open, the image immediately fading. She hadn't even realised she'd closed her eyes she'd become so lost in the feeling of depression. She shook her head with a sigh and resolved to go search for the Queen now.

She had been invited to take a walk with her, and she wondered what it would be about. Thinking of Heshima brought her to thoughts of a lion that never failed to make her smile. Kifu. With his mane that grew a little every day, his build that showed he would one day be a strong lion, his pale green eyes that were so lovely to look at, his red-brown coat. His goofy nature, his little smile, the way he became so flustered around her and so easily embarrassed. She laughed softly just thinking about it, the dark thoughts all vanishing immediately as she picked herself up and trotted off, knowing Heshima would be somewhere that she often saw the lioness. She looked up at the hill and could only just make out the lioness that had a coat only slightly less pale than her own. Heshima was beautiful in her own right, too, she admired the Queen's pale coat and violet eyes. Zivia wondered if she could ever be as beautiful as the Queen. She quickly made her way up to where the Queen was and cleared her throat so as not to frighten the Queen by arriving un-announced. "You requested my company, Queen Heshima?" Though it may not have been the most formal of lands, Zivia had been raised with manners and would always address someone - save for Kifu - of royalty with the utmost respect. Kifu was excused from that rule as she knew it would probably just fluster him - and they were friends, anyway.

They say home is where the heart is - but where is my heart?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heshima

Pride Points : 250184

PostSubject: Re: Pale Figures   Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:21 pm

She had been sitting in silence for a few minutes now, looking over her lands. Her lands, it still seemed and sounded unreal to her. But finally her silence was over when a small cough was given, followed by Zivia's voice. Her manners made Heshima smile and she stood, placing her paw on the younger female's cheek for a second, her motherly eyes starting to show. "Oh my dear Zivia, you do not have to be so proper. Even if I am Queen, you do not have to show that much respect," Smiling once more, Heshima brought her paw down and shook the ash off of her coat gently, making sure to get none of it into young Zivia's face. "Yes, I did ask for you to come join me today, I have much to discuss with you! We haven't had alone time yet and I decided that you needed a girl's day out," She spoke to Zivia like one of her own, mainly because she felt as she was the girl's caretaker due to her being queen. Even if she was an adult. Quickly realizing that what she had just told the female could worry her, she chuckled and shook her head, "Don't worry dear, it's all positive things that I wish to talk with you about!" She turned her body and motioned for Zivia to follow, not knowing where to go, but letting her paws lead the way on their walk. The Ashlands were huge, a small kingdom nonetheless, but they were still massive compared to what some may think. Another smile, followed by the queen's voice accompanied her motioning, "Shall we?"

She started to walk away, slowly at first as she waited for the pale lioness to catch up to her, but she sped up slightly after that in order for the two to not move at a snail's pace. "You know Zivia, you remind me of so many lions from my youth, I must ask you this; where did you reside before our lands?" She chuckled, "If Kifu knows he won't tell me so I might as well ask you. I may not seem it, but I might just know your parents, as you know Kifu and I came from the Pridelands. We had many lions and lionesses exiled during our time there, so even if you were in the Desertlands there's a small chance I would know your parents," The queen would be shocked to hear that she was Kiume's daughter -even if adopted- if she were to reveal that. She didn't know the Outland king as many of her generation did -as a baby-sitter mostly- but she knew of him. Heshima chuckled, "Sorry, I hope that question wasn't too personal my dear," Her mind struggled to come up with the next topic for the two to talk about, but she knew that they would probably continue on this one for a short while. It would give the ashen queen time to think about the next subject. Should she talk about her son and the future the two might have together? Or was that a large reach for the female to start questioning? Either way, the thought of the topic was in the back of Heshima's mind, she would have to bring it up later.

Instead the queen brought up something else to talk about with the lioness that was paler than her. Even though she remain oblivious to the guilt that Zivia had felt when killing that foal in the savannah, Heshima continued on. "Every member of the pride, myself and Nako included, has duties to the pride. One of these duties is, as you may know, hunting, Zivia. I never taught Kifu how to hunt nor his sisters due to, problems, that we faced in our old home. As Nako is teaching him how to hunt, I would like to take you under my wing and teach you my ways. I'm not saying you're a horrible hunter, but from what I've seen it doesn't look like you were taught either. Not trying to put you down that is my dear," She didn't know how Zivia would react to this offer, but Heshima was curious either way. Baset had been distant the past few weeks and the queen had to wonder if she had moved on from the Ashlands. But time would soon tell her that as well. So without Baset, Heshima and Zivia were the only females in the pride. Females had to stick together as her mother would always say, and that was something she wanted to bestow onto Zivia. Violet eyes looked to her side and kept an eye on Zivia, watching for facial expressions that might lead to an answer of whether or not she would want to become the queen's apprentice or not. Heshima would wait and wonder how she would react to it, and she would receive her answer shortly.

Plotting Page!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zivia

Pride Points : 247158

PostSubject: Re: Pale Figures   Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:25 pm

The lands that Zivia now lived in where ones that she would cherish for the rest of her life, she knew it. Her time spent here would be the most wonderful time of her life, as she knew that she could finally find happiness here. It would be her place of healing, to learn to control her own emotions and keep the dark thoughts away so they couldn't attack her. Kifu was greatly helping with this, and she was glad to be here. Even if she desperately missed her father, her siblings, and especially she missed her beautiful younger sister, Tao, who had easily wormed her way into Zivia's heart. She was grateful to Nako and to Heshima, for accepting her so readily into their Pride. She smiled softly at Heshima as the Queen placed her paw on her cheek, a motherly look in her eyes that made Zivia have to stop herself from stepping backwards in fear of being hurt once more. The young lioness had experienced more loss than most would in the entirety of their lives. It was why the way that Heshima was looking at her now made her nervous. She was bad luck, those who loved her most always were taken to the afterlife, and she didn't want this to happen to Heshima. She nodded her head politely at Heshima, but still felt that because this lioness was her Queen she ought to be very polite to her. THough this wasn't a formal land, Zivia had been raised to be nothing but polite and so she politely smiled at the Queen.

"I beg your pardon, Queen Heshima," she began in a very formal tone, not wanting to offend the Queen at all. "But I am quite accustomed to being formal around those of royalty, my father raised me to be nothing but polite." Her tone became stiff as she mentioned her father, but she forced her previous softness into it once more and her smile went along as she looked down. "But if you would prefer me not to be so polite, I can do that." Her smile turned into a less formal grin. Zivia frowned though as she mentioned that she had much to talk to her about, and a flicker of worry coursed through her that was soon dispelled by Heshima's next comment, which caused a relieved smile to cross Zivia's muzzle. "It'll be nice to spend some time alone with you, I have not had a girl to talk to for a while and though your son is wonderful company it would be nice to spend time with a girl - i'm rather used to it." She went to mention Tao, but decided against it. She didn't want to dampen the mood with her past life. She nodded and followed swiftly after Heshima, making sure that her pace did not exceed the Queen's, but was not too laggy. She sighed and looked away in the general direction of her previous home. "I guess I owe it to you, since I know a little of your own past. I'm not from the Desertlands, though my home was just as barren. I'm an Outlander."

Zivia smiled at Heshima to reassure her the question wasn't too personal. Speaking of her homelands was one thing, it was easy and she had no problem with it, but 'too personal' would be talking about her first home, the lush lands where she'd been born. "Don't worry about it, Queen Heshima. It's not too personal to ask from where I hail, I owe that to you after all as you've allowed me to stay with you and let me into your family, which I am very grateful for. I would've been stuck in the savannah otherwise." Her tone was earnest and she spoke nothing but the truth because she was indeed very grateful to Heshima and Nako and would always be very grateful. She laughed softly, for indeed Zivia had no skills when it came to hunting after all and wasn't offended in the slightest. She supposed her father had always wanted to just keep her protected and had not taught her hunting skills to keep her safe. "I'm not offended, I have no hunting skills at all."

They say home is where the heart is - but where is my heart?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pale Figures   

Back to top Go down

Pale Figures
Page 1 of 1