HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
Claims for Neutral Land EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
Claims for Neutral Land EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
Claims for Neutral Land EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
Claims for Neutral Land EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
Claims for Neutral Land EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
Claims for Neutral Land EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
Claims for Neutral Land EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
Claims for Neutral Land EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
Claims for Neutral Land EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Claims for Neutral Land

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Heshima

Heshima

Pride Points : 451484

Claims for Neutral Land Empty
PostSubject: Claims for Neutral Land   Claims for Neutral Land EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:49 am

Days had passed since the meeting with Nyota where she had talked about the ashen lands from her mother's stories. And now after grabbing their fill of meat and water for the first time in years the two made their way up to Malkia Pass just as Nyota had told her to do. The climb was tough, the rocks seemed to dig into Heshima's paws as she made her way up the pass. Small pebbles seemed to tumble and tremble as Heshima and Kifu climbed. The scarred lioness kept a close eye on her russet son, reminding him every few moments to be careful and not to fall. But the irony clicked in and Heshima soon slipped but quickly caught herself before her fall ended her life. She chuckled and continued to trek forward, the climb surprisingly becoming easier as time went on. It was if someone had walked this way before and their steps were guiding the female towards the lands that she was about to claim for her own. With one final push, Heshima reached the top of the pass and felt a new sensation underneath her feet. Upon looking down there was barely a sprinkle of a grey soot that seemed to mark the beginning of these lands and the end of the Lowlands. The female turned back and helped her son up the last few feet of the path before nuzzling him carefully. They had both made the long trek up the pass and they both deserved a good rest. But rest would have to wait, as the two now turned and looked on their new home.

The looks of the kingdom were just as Heshima expected it. Although many might view these ash filled lands as a wasteland, Heshima saw nothing but potential. A large river could be seen over the hills from this vantage point and little moving dots could be seen around the area as well. Heshima smiled and nudged her son gently, "Kifu look! A river, herds of prey, everything that we need," But what caught Heshima's eye was what lay in the distance upon the horizon at the highest altitude in the lands. A rock formation that looked eerily like Pride Rock without it's towering summit lay high up in the air, but still low enough that if there was a way to walk across the air, it would be at the same height as the duo were at now. With that being said, Heshima looked at the descent from the top of this pass and noticed that only halfway down was where the plant life seemed to stop, meaning that the fires never reached up here. Which also meant the fires never reached that Pride Rock look-alike. The descent was much easier than the trek up the pass, as it seemed it had been smoothed out by earlier generations. Motioning for her son to follow, Heshima quickly made the climb down and was relieved at how easy it was compared to the climb up Malkia Pass. Maybe that was the reason why no one seemed to come here? Or was it because of the view from down on the ground level? The rolling hills of the land turned it's looks into a horrible mess, making Heshima question her judgement.

But nonetheless, Heshima smiled and playfully collapsed onto the ashen ground below them, letting out a hearty and fun-filled laugh. The ash seemed like grass, it was soft and fluffy and the ash was so heavy that it dared not enter Heshima's nose. Of course, future generations would most likely be built to withstand any inhalation of the ash with genetics, but for now Heshima couldn't worry one bit about the future. The scarred lioness looked to her son and smiled, tears of joy running down her face, "Kifu, we're finally home," The female stood and rushed to her russet son, wrapping her paw around him and nuzzling him close. "This is our kingdom, there's nothing that Scar can do to hurt us here," Violet eyes met jade and Heshima felt more like a mother in this moment than ever before. Finally she had provided safety for one of her children, and soon she would offer this chance up to her other two as well. While Ari could not have been saved, Heshima would surely keep her memory alive. There had to be something in these lands that reminded her of her daughter, but Heshima would have to think about it later. But suddenly, a strange scent filled the air, and Heshima's worst fears were confirmed. There was someone else here, not just Heshima and her son. The pale female stood protectively in front of Kifu and narrowed her eyes around the hills to try to spot whoever was here. It didn't matter who it was, it was a threat to her son and she would protect him no matter the cost.
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

Pride Points : 435143

PostSubject: Re: Claims for Neutral Land   Claims for Neutral Land EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:43 pm

The trek up the pass had not been easy for mother or son but they had made it, Kifu had minded his steps and when his mother had started to slip had even put himself behind her before she caught herself. He couldn't imagine going on without her so he had been willing to tumble with her if need be, but she had gracefully caught herself with a chuckle that brought a smile to his face. She seemed so much more free now that they had left the Pridelands and had a destination in mind, her happiness was infectious and he found himself smiling and letting himself enjoy the climb.

When they reached the top Kifu felt a fluffy yet slick consistency under his feet and he glanced down curiously, lifting one dull russet paw to examine the substance that dusted his foot lightly. The soot was new and smudged his coat but he merely looked confused before smearing his paw around some more and letting out a light chuckle, this stuff was fun. He nuzzled his mother back happily before looking out across the lands that she had promised would be theirs, a land to call their own where nobody could hurt them or make them feel inadequate. The lands were full of rolling grasses or dotted with bright full trees but they were full of something much better, freedom. Kifu saw the moving dots just as his mother did and the river was hard to miss, a silver ribbon winding through the darkened lands that lay below them on their high vantage point.

His own jade eyes fixed on the rock formation in the distance and his happiness hit a snag for a moment, it felt surreal but he was comforted to know that there was no Scar or Hyena's waiting there for him. Only solitude and a new start for his mother and himself. He swallowed dryly before letting his eyes slide to his mother with a tentative smile to see her own reaction but she seemed just as calm and he was reassured by her presence and when the time came followed her lead down the hill. The plants stopped halfway down and he found himself touching ash once more but in thicker quantities, fires surely were a big problem here but if that rock was as high as it looked they should be safe up there thankfully.

By the time he had settled all four paws on level ground Heshima had flopped into the ash and Kifu laughed at her before stamping his paws into the ground and throwing up a small cloud, watching it float about before settling again with an amused look in his eye. Running and rolling through this would surely be fun! Kifu saw the tears in his mothers eyes but he wasn't worried because this time he knew these were tears of joy and he nuzzled her with a soft purr in his throat, it was slowly growing to a rumble with his coming age. He felt surprise and excitement thrill through him at her words, no Scar, and finally "Home" he repeated the word and looked around them again with a soft expression.

The scent however immediately put a damper on his mood and his mother was already putting herself in front of him. She only wanted to protect him while he only wanted to protect her, meaning he didn't quite cower behind her but did his best to peer over her shoulder with a wary expression on his face. They had thought theses lands were empty but it was clear now that they were not, the worst that could happen was that it was a rogue male. One that would try to hurt or take advantage of Heshima, Kifu wasn't large enough to fight anyone really, but what else could he do except try if it came to such a thing.
Back to top Go down
Nako

Nako

Pride Points : 434442

PostSubject: Re: Claims for Neutral Land   Claims for Neutral Land EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:45 pm

A cheery whistle accompanied the large lion today as he roamed Kichomo Hills. The tune seemed to puzzle the songbirds that lived high in the treetops of the gray rolling hills. They called out their melodic replies to Nako in return from their perches in the charred timber. The birds had built their nests there, despite the prevailing ash that was the kingdom's hallmark. The winged creatures had returned, no longer concerned with the fires that had claimed the hillsides repeatedly over the years. In some areas, all that remained were the blackened stumps of dead trees, but this was good enough for the birds. They were optimistic that their families could thrive there. The lion thought so, too.

Finally, after months of waiting and loneliness, someone had decided to stay. Baset was still in the territory and seemed likely to remain there, which pleased Nako. It was one step closer to being a real pride, but it was still not quite right. The warm tan lion was napping beneath a granite outcropping when suddenly, the birds stopped singing. His crimson eyes fluttered open, and his head liften from his paws to peer around. He stood expectantly, but remained hidden in the shade. Could this mean that he was no longer alone that day? The birds were accustomed to his presence, but they fell eerily silent now. In the distance, Nako spied two leonine forms.

There was only one way into the Ashlands from the north. Nako didn't know that it was called Malkia Pass, the queens' pass, but he was aware that the jungle was beyond it. He had gone to see for himself, but he knew that the magnificent green kingdom would already be claimed. It was too lovely to be uninhabited. He stayed in the Ashlands because there was no one there to chase him away. It wasn't the most desirable territory, but it was his, and Nako was proud. He had even taken to calling himself the king, which was a hard title to claim without any subjects. Greeting each newcomer to the Ashlands were part of his unofficial official duties, and his eyes narrowed to get a better look at the approaching pair.

The lioness and the teenaged lion appeared fatigued, but in good spirits. He saw the lioness plop down on the ground, and it brought about a smile. Then the winds changed direction. Nako's scent was carried to the pair, and he could see both of them reacting to it. Both became defensive. The lioness, pressumably mother to the young male, stood before her son defiantly. This was not surprising, and Nako regretted that his smell had proceeded him. It was difficult for so large a brute to make a good first impression around nervous strangers. Still, he knew that he would have to try, and he emerged from the shadows. He would do everything within his powers to look just a little smaller, but genetics and a hard life made the lion look far more intimidating than he ever intended. "Hello there, travelers!" He called out to them from a distance, unwilling to advance on the frightened pair. "You're welcome here in the Ashlands!" It was difficult to contain his own anticipation. Nako loved to meet new lions. One could never guess how important a first meeting could be, and he hoped to make a good impression.
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

PostSubject: Re: Claims for Neutral Land   Claims for Neutral Land EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:46 pm

The fact that Kifu wasn't cowering like a cub anymore made Heshima's heart soar. Finally her son had developed some guts to match his growing body and she turned her head for a moment and eyed him. "Stay close, run if our visitor attacks, I'll buy you some time," But this visitor only seemed to be friendly as he welcomed the duo to the ashen lands that he christened to be the Ashlands. Heshima's face harbored a questioning look as she eyed the male in front of them and still stood tall in front of her son, "Who are you?" The male seemed friendly enough, but this could all be a ploy for him to take advantage of the female just as Scar had done so long ago. His almost caramel colored pelt was something that Heshima had never seen before, for none of the lions in the Pridelands held a pelt of that color. True it was similar to the tawny pelts of Zira and her long forgotten son Kiasi, but there was something peculiar about the shade of tan or caramel that his pelt seemed to be. Running her eyes around the stranger's form, she noticed something that shocked her. Just underneath his rich brown mane lay a single stripe that lay memory to the old Prideland queen. Although this male's stripe was broader, it still made Heshima even more wary of who this male was. But even if he revealed himself as the unofficial king, Heshima would still attempt to claim the lands for her and her family.

Bringing up her story, Heshima stood proud and tall, trying to produce a sense of royalty to her. "My mother has once told me stories of the ashen lands that lay neutral within the Lowland borders. Me and my family have since been exiled from our lands and we have journeyed from our old home to here. The queens of the Lowlands, Queen Nyota and Queen Duara, have given me permission to claim these lands in the name of myself and my family. And that is exactly what I intend on doing," Staring at the ruby-eyed male, Heshima smelled around and wondered how many more were here. Thankfully for Heshima she would only be entering upon two lions who stay here in the Ashlands, Nako and another female Baset. The pale female narrowed her eyes, "How many others are here? Queen Nyota has told me the lands were undesired and none resided in these lands. But it seems that both of the Lowland queens have been mistaken," Life always seemed to work like this for Heshima, everything was going right but then something had to come and throw a fork in it. Heshima was given freedom, but then Kuzimu came and gave her an unwanted litter. Heshima went to claim the Ashlands as their queen and then this lion shows up unannounced. Well, truth be told it was Heshima stumbling upon this lion but it still messed up her entire game plan. However, was this male being here something to be thankful for?

In essence, he had already taken the title of greeter into play and welcomed them into these lands. It would have been awkward for Heshima to have welcomed in this lion, so maybe there was a plus in keeping this lion here. Heshima wasn't one for kicking anyone out, especially if this was their home before hand. However, the queens of all things had told her she could rule the lands and that was what she intended to do. Whether whoever lived here liked it or not, Heshima would be queen. With that thought, Heshima thought back to Scar and how he was such a tyrant. Not wanting to be like that, the scarred lioness sighed and smiled at this male who claimed to be the king, "My family comes from a harsh land, where the king was anything but caring. I wish to make this a home for my family, so that I can bring them home from the savannah if they choose to come. My three," Heshima stopped there, looking down at the ground and bowing her head in respect for her daughter before looking at the king once more, "two, daughters that is," The death of Ari still hung high over Heshima's head, and the trip honestly helped get her mind off of her. Oh what would Giza think once she was found? What if Tasa had already found her and told her? Either or, Heshima regained her stance even if the thought of Ari was weighing her down. She needed to make a good impression, this lion unknowingly decided her fate int he new ashen kingdom.
Back to top Go down
Nako

Nako

PostSubject: Re: Claims for Neutral Land   Claims for Neutral Land EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:47 pm

Everything about the lioness indicated quite clearly that she was in no mood to be toyed with. Luckily for her, Nako wasn't the type of lion for games, unless they were actual recreational activities like running around like a lunatic or rolling in the ash for the fun of it. He maintained his distance for her sake. "My name is Nako." Pausing, the lion wondered if it would be the truth to call himself the king. For months now, he had regarded himself as such. But before the words could leave his mouth, Heshima began to describe her purpose there.

Nako shut his trap to listen to the newly exiled lioness, who informed him that his neighbors had two queens rather than the usual arrangement. His expression seemed vaguely surprised by this fact, but Heshima wasn't finished there. She next declared that she intended to take the territory as her own, and now Nako's face fully registered his astonishment. He wasn't angry or upset, just stunned. No rogue lioness had ever been so bold, and Nako was silently impressed. The nameless lioness and her silent son were very serious, which made Nako all the more interested to hear their story. "There are only two of us, but I have to admit that I'm rather fond of this place."

The lioness described the home she had left behind, and Nako nodded. Cruel lions were not unusual, after all, and Nako understood this. "Well friend, I discovered this place the same as anyone else. I wasn't born here so I have no more right to rule than you do. As far as I know, there isn't anyone else who claims this kingdom, other than one lion. But he's a nice guy, I can tell you that much." It was impossible for the brute to hide his goofy grin as he spoke, since he was obviously referring to himself. The lioness had come a long way, and Nako hated to disappoint her by pointing out that the kingdom was already spoken for. He blurted out the first idea that came to mind instead. "You are more than welcome to call the Ashlands home. There is no queen here. If you want it, the title and whatever duties come with it are all yours. I can't stop you, if that's what you want."

The moment he said it, Nako realized how strange his offer was. But he didn't intend to step down as the unofficial king. In fact, having a whole family come to stay only meant that Nako's title was more official than ever, if there would be actual pride members to lead. The lioness was determined, but then so was Nako. Tentatively, the massive lion stepped closer towards mother and son. "I mean, you don't have to-- you know. Just because I'm the king and all. It was just a random idea, since you've come all this way. May I ask your name, miss?" His gaze finally shifted to the younger male, and Nako nodded towards him, regarding the teen with a friendly smile. "And what's your name?" Nako could remember being that age. He hadn't been much older when he became a rogue himself, and he felt some empathy for the young lion.
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

PostSubject: Re: Claims for Neutral Land   Claims for Neutral Land EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Kifu frowned when his mother told him to run if they were attacked and he moved to stand next to her, "No mother, I won't leave you" he said and his tone held firm determination. Her son had found some guts, this was for sure, but it was mostly in need to take care of his mother and to defend her from what he could only assume was a brute. When the male appeared however Kifu felt his heart skip a beat and his stomach flutter, if this male attacked surely there would be no fighting back. Kifu hadn't seen many males in his time but he knew this one was large even for a normal sized lion, his bulk outweighed both cub and mother easily.

Kifu had only seen one other lion with a caramel pelt but this lions pelt was an even odder shade. A stripe decorated his head reminding the forgotten Prince of his fathers 'official' mate Zira, and he almost took a step back but ended up placing his paw back down. To back away would show fear and if he remembered anything it was that fear was punished, one way or another, he swallowed dryly and narrowed his eyes at the male but thus far Nako seemed nothing but friendly. Kifu did his best to raise his head like his mother but he was curious and he looked over the male, taking in the rest of him and from what he could find he seemed genuinely nonthreatening but with a father like Scar it made Kifu skeptical of even the most harmless looking creatures.

Kifu raised a brow high when Nako declared that he was indeed King and yet offered his mother the title of Queen. The male wasn't sure what that really meant or what Nako was truly offering, was this offer with strings attached much like was the norm or was this lion truly different? The teen reserved judgement but vowed to keep a close eye on the male until his mother made a move, either way he wasn't sure he trust Nako just yet. When Nako finally paid him direct attention Kifu took a step foward as if she show he was not afraid, though really he was, and lifted his head proudly. "Kifu, my name is Kifu" he said and hoped his voice didn't tremble, he had to be braver and stronger than that now...at least on the outside.
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

PostSubject: Re: Claims for Neutral Land   Claims for Neutral Land EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Heshima nodded at the male as he gave his name. So it was Nako, an oddly peculiar name that Heshima really hadn't heard of before. The brute talked about how there were only him and other lion that lived here and the female nodded. At least there wasn't an entire pride that lived there that she had to persuade that she had somewhat of a claim to the throne. Technically Heshima didn't have one, but in her mind whatever the queen of the Lowlands said was effective here. Nako spoke about how he had grown to love these lands and Heshima nodded in agreement, "Yes, these lands although many may see as a wasteland are beautiful. I see so much potential, and if one looks hard enough there is plenty of food. Something me and my family haven't been used to in a long, long time," Eating in the Lowlands was amazing, and the two lions filled themselves up for their first great meal in forever. It was blissfully amazing, but they didn't gorge themselves. To hear that Nako discovered this place first kind of put a damper on Heshima's mood, but the brute soon talked about how the king was a nice guy. The king, Heshima figured, was Nako as he wasn't subtle about hiding that he was talking about himself. "So, I assume this king is you there big boy?" Heshima knew this could be trouble, walking into these lands and attempting to claim a kingdom that already had a ruler. Would she and her family be disappointed yet again?

However, Nako surprised Heshima by telling her that she and her family could call the Ashlands home. But not only that, he offered her the title of queen. The pale female was shocked and the look was clearly plastered onto her face. She stared into the male's eyes for some form of deceit, but alas she couldn't find any. This lion was serious, giving a stranger who had just wandered into his lands, with a teenage son nonetheless, the title of queen. The scarred lioness thought about it for a moment, so much could go wrong, but now she could give her family the chance to rule, the chance that Scar so outright denied them just to find his perfect heir. The female nodded, "I would like to take that title and I request that you remain king Nako. My son is my only male child and he is too young to rule alongside me. Plus, I could never kick someone out of their lands. Especially if they were here first. However, this must be a mutual ruling, no strings attached. Just two, friends, ruling the kingdom together." The female chuckled at Nako's blabbering about how such an idea was a random one and she shook her head. "As random as it may have been dear Nako, it was a splendid idea, one that I accept fully," The female looked back at her son and shot him a look, telling him that everything would be alright and she wouldn't break her promise of him being able to rule. Scar had already broken that promise once, Heshima was not going to disappoint her son again.

When asked about her name, Heshima stood taller and smiled with a certain essence of dignity and pride surrounding her. "My name is Heshima," Upon Kifu answering Nako's question to him as well the female smiled and stepped back slightly in order for her son to be more visible even though he had just taken a step forward. The female noticed the difference in size between Nako and her son and knew that with his father's genes controlling most of his growth, Kifu would most likely never reach that size. Even if Nako was larger because of his genes. Deciding to change the subject, Heshima smiled and motioned her head to the Pride Rock look-alike in the distance. "That formation up there, it reminds me of our home. Is that the dens as well?" After the long journey, Heshima would kill for a scrap of meet and just a nap, but the trek seemed long across the ashen lands to get to this sanctuary. But at least the prospect of somewhere safe to live spurred the female into a slight amount of new energy. "Besides, I would love to meet this other pride member of ours. It's been a while since a pride member has been kind to me and my family, but only for who the children's father is." Heshima wouldn't talk about her past anymore, it was gone and over with. And now, all that lay in front of her and Kifu was a new life, a new home, and new adventures. Especially for what would happen just around the corner.
Back to top Go down
Nako

Nako

PostSubject: Re: Claims for Neutral Land   Claims for Neutral Land EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:22 pm

If the two were going to share a kingdom, then they had better start trusting each other. Nako now felt comfortable filling the space that had separated the trio of unlikely royals, treading slowly towards Heshima and Kifu. Now he could see the lioness in greater detail, and he took note of the scar that graced her delicate features. Regardless of the small facial flaw, Heshima was a beautiful lioness with a lovely pale coat. Even in her ragged condition after climbing the pass, she possessed an air of confidence that Nako could only admire. Many females were terrified, trapped in the role of victim, but despite what Heshima had gone through, she was still standing strong. "There's enough for everyone here," he stated proudly. "I don't see any reason to make trouble here or with our neighbors." Nako couldn't help how wide his grin became when Heshima guessed he was the king. He wasn't arrogant. He was just happy to have a home, and could appreciate that Heshima likely felt the same way.

Nako wasn't threatened by the presence of a younger male, and not only because he was fairly certain Kifu wouldn't stand a chance against the much larger, older lion. On the contrary, he seemed pleased with the idea of having the adolescent around, and he nodded enthusiastically. "I have no cubs of my own, no other living family to speak of. If my time is over, I have no one else to take my place. Before Baset arrived, I hadn't seen another lion for weeks." But it was more than loneliness that encouraged Nako. He was too polite to pry, but he could just tell by looking at Heshima that she had suffered terribly. He had always had a soft spot for those who had struggled, just as he had before discovering his territory. There was no reason to deny Heshima what she wanted, for there was room enough for all of them and more. His gaze followed Heshima's as she spotted the hulking rock formation in the distance. "There is an old den up there, where I currently sleep. It's above the burn area so I assume it'll be safe. And you can't beat the views." Nako assumed that the fires would come again, from what he had observed there, he had deduced that they were quite common. This was something he thought about often, and he had already found trails that would lead to higher ground from most places in the kingdom.

"We can go there now, if you'd like. Or if you'd rather rest, you can do that. No one else will disturb you. Unless you'd like some company." He met Heshima's violet eyes again and smiled. He had never seen such eyes before, which made his smile widen. Then he realized that the son of the lioness was still standing there. An awkward laugh erupted, unconsciously loud enough to startle some of the songbirds who had resumed their chirping up above. Nako wasn't the type to try to control his laughter, when he had cause to laugh, and he broke his gaze to turn his attention back to the younger lion. "It'll be good to have another guy around the Ashlands. Around here, everyone will hunt, even us lions. I'm sure your mom is a fine hunter who knows her stuff, but I can teach you a few things, lion to lion." It was a little more challenging for males to hunt, and it normally was the job of the lionesses to bring home the meals. But with a pride consisting of Nako, two lionesses, and Kifu, who was not exactly a big strapping lad, they needed all the help they could get. Fortunately, some of the herds were forced to migrate through the Ashlands, so even a male could be successful in the narrow canyons. and hills.
Back to top Go down
Kifu

Kifu

PostSubject: Re: Claims for Neutral Land   Claims for Neutral Land EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Kifu was pleased his mother would get her wish, lands to call their own, and equally glad that Nako would rule with her without forcing her into some kind of 'arrangement'. He relaxed only slightly towards the stranger, though not completely, he was at least starting to think that Nako was genuinely a kind lion with no deceit behind his words. He was slightly confused by how pleased Nako was to have him there, the way he looked at him made him think that he didn't resent him despite the fact they were both males and Kifu was clearly lined up to take the throne next. Most lions would have hated something like this, wanting their own progeny to take the throne instead.

Kifu looked towards the pride rockish formation himself and felt a slight comfort that there was indeed a safe den up there, one that was clear of the fires that clearly plagued this place. Kifu was staring at the den lost in his own thoughts when he looked back to find Nako staring into Heshima's eyes and an almost inaudible mutter rose from his throat, Nako seemed to realize he was staring with Kifu simply standing there and the youth narrowed his eyes suspiciously again when the lion erupted into loud laughter. He'd have to keep an eye on this 'King' after all. When Nako addressed him however his expression turned to one of cool calculation, before he slipped into an uneasy demeanor.

"I guess I don't mind hunting, b-but I'm not very good at it" he admitted sheepishly and stared at his paws hard. He hated admitting such a thing but he'd never properly been taught to hunt, come to think of it he'd never really properly been taught anything, his fighting lessons with his father had only been one session and they had ended terribly because of a slip of his tongue. He remembered them bitterly and glared at his toes before looking up determined, "I can learn, and I'll bet I can be an even better hunter than mom" he shot his mom a playful challenging look.

The thought of spending time with Nako alone was intimidating, Kifu hadn't exactly had a lot of male to male time in his life and what he had experienced hadn't really always been pleasant. The best he could do was try, try to get alone with this new King for his mother while keeping her best interests in mind in the process. That wouldn't be too hard would it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Claims for Neutral Land   Claims for Neutral Land Empty

Back to top Go down

Claims for Neutral Land
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TLK: Dark Horizon :: Everything The Light Touches :: Lowlands :: Ashlands :: Kichomo Hills-
Jump to: