HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
Returning to a Family Homeland EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
Returning to a Family Homeland EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
Returning to a Family Homeland EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
Returning to a Family Homeland EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
Returning to a Family Homeland EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
Returning to a Family Homeland EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
Returning to a Family Homeland EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
Returning to a Family Homeland EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
Returning to a Family Homeland EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Returning to a Family Homeland

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Heshima

Heshima

Pride Points : 446284

Returning to a Family Homeland Empty
PostSubject: Returning to a Family Homeland   Returning to a Family Homeland EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Having fled the Pridelands was one of Heshima's greatest triumphs in her life and now she regretted now leaving sooner. If she had left sooner, Ari might still be alive, Tasa would still be with them, Giza might still be around. Ari, her little baby girl was now decaying in the Pridelands with her demon of a father. It was the hardest thing to let go of, her violet eyed daughter. If Heshima didn't know any better she swore the hyenas were now feasting off of her dead flesh. The thought made Heshima cringe, almost vomit, but it was always a possibility that she had to accept. Leaving Kifu at the Stronghold that held many dens was risky, especially since he resembled his father greatly. But Heshima had to trust the fact that her judgement was good and that he wouldn't be harmed. There wasn't another lion for miles from what Heshima smelled, so hopefully her teenage son would stay low and out of trouble. And now Heshima was on the edge of Lowland territory, the territory that her mother had told her in the bedtime stories when she was a cub. It wasn't hard to find the lands, seeing as the Stronghold was relatively close to the lands that a small breeze coming from the waterfalls of the oasis seemed to carry out there. After days of running from Scar's rule and trying to find her exiled tawny daughter, Heshima placed her paws of lush grass. It seemed as if it had been the first time in years, but had it really?

Yes, Heshima had gone almost her whole life from the time she was less than an adolescent without feeling grass. Feeling a small cub-like spirit in her, the female dropped down and rolled around in the grass, relishing the feel of the plant life around her. She knew that if the stories her mother told her were true, then the ashy lands were far different from this. But the female felt as if she would be in these lands a lot, considering they surrounded the lands that Heshima would soon control. Finally after a few moments the female stood up and shook herself off, feeling quite young again. With an extra spring in her step, the hungry and tired female padded into the Lowlands and further away from her son. These were still neutral territory, but the pale female didn't know that. For all she knew she could be kicked out of the Lowlands before she even could see these lands of her mother's memory but still she trekked on. There were so many new smells that were in the lands, and one seemed oddly familiar. But Heshima pushed it off as her mother's spirit guiding her through the lands, unknown to her that her youngest daughter Giza was only a short distance away. And when Heshima padded further into the territory, her mouth watered at the many selections of prey that roamed the area. From the small lizards to the large okapi that roam in the distance, Heshima was amazed.

How could a land like this survive with a location right next to the desert? It was uncanny but the female couldn't even come up with an explanation. It was what it was, and that was everything that the female care to think about. Finally after a short walk the scarred lioness came across a pool of very clean and sparkling water. She quickly looked around for any other lions that were roaming the area and sighed when she saw none. Quickly, Heshima padded over to the pool and lapped up the water greedily, it was remarkable, she hadn't had a good drink ever since the Pridelands started to die. As the liquid rushed down her throat, Heshima kept a watchful eye on the surrounding area. Even though the Lowland pride was mostly females sans a dual eyed male cub that wandered around with the pale female's daughter, Heshima still felt as if she was under attack. But after the drink of water, the female stood tall and sent out a roar. This roar was one that she used daily to call her children to her, maybe if Giza heard it she would recognize it, but Heshima was none to wiser. It wasn't a roar of dominance, just a roar to signal that she was in the lands. Hopefully the rulers of the lands found her and they were in a good mood. Heshima wasn't in for a fight, and she wasn't about to leave her remaining children orphaned without a trace of what had happened.
Back to top Go down
Nyota

Nyota

Pride Points : 446273

PostSubject: Re: Returning to a Family Homeland   Returning to a Family Homeland EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:12 am

Nyota had spent the morning patrolling near the border, ever vigilant for intruders after Shani's death. The murderer had never been caught, and it enraged Nyota to think that the evil lion was still alive and well out there somewhere, while Shani's cubs were left alone. Well, they were not completely alone. Nyota and Duara did their best to care for the trio of orphans, who were on the verge of adolescence now. But Nyota was often obsessed with her duties now. No one would enter the Lowlands without her knowledge. Near the Ridge, the sound of a bellowed roar instantly gained Nyota's attention, and she hurried in the direction. No lion in the jungle was as familiar with the territory as Nyota, and she quickly found Heshima by herself near a pool of water.

The light colored lioness certainly wasn't trying to be sneaky. Her appearance was rather blatant, very bold, and Nyota hid a smile of amusement as she trotted down the path towards the unknown female. Her throat was cleared as she approached the pale lioness to alert her of her presence, if she had not already noticed the jungle cat in her domain. "Well, hello." The scent of a male was mingled with that of the unknown lioness, but Nyota failed to see any accompanying lions trailing behind Heshima. Perhaps the jungle pride would add another member to its ranks that day? Nyota's expression was relaxed, and she hoped the lioness would feel comfortable there, even if she was only passing through. "I am Nyota, Queen of the Lowlands. You are welcome in this territory, traveler. Do you enter here alone?"

If Kifu had been present, the queen's reaction would have been very different. A young lion, newly a teenager, could cause a lot of trouble in a pride filled with females. But Nyota was less wary of lionesses, especially when they looked as if they were had problems that had lead them to the sanctity of the jungle. She noted the scar that graced Heshima's features and guessed there was an interesting story behind it, but would not be forward enough to ask a stranger such a personal question. "What is your name, and where is it you are traveling to?" From the look of Heshima, the queen never would have guessed she was the mother of Giza, who had now been in the jungle for a long time. The russet lioness claimed she would leave the pride soon, but seemed unlikely, due to her attachment to Upendo. None of this was missed by Nyota, who had secretly hoped her own daughter would someday fall for the charming Upendo, but some things were beyond a queen and a mother's control.
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

PostSubject: Re: Returning to a Family Homeland   Returning to a Family Homeland EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:01 pm

After mere minutes of silence Heshima was greeted by a dark chocolate brown lioness who's coat reminded her of Shani's. Shani, the Lowlander from before she had given birth to her first litter, how was she doing? Heshima was none the wiser that her violet-eyed friend had been killed off and her cubs were now orphans. After learning that this lioness was the queen, Heshima bowed and offered up a smile, one that was hard to give due to her recent traumatic stress. "Queen Nyota, it is an honor and pleasure to meet you and I thank you for your kind and humble welcoming," When asked if Heshima was alone, she shook her head and motioned to the savannah, "Alas no my dear Queen, I travel with my son. We have been exiled from our land, us and my other daughter, but we have not been able to locate her," The female sighed and stared hard at the ground below her, "My eldest daughter has just been killed, her father who so happened to be our king decided that it was our fault. We have escaped his terrible rule, we bring nothing of his teachings or morals with us," Heshima hoped that with this information, the monarch in front of her would realize that Heshima was a former Pridelander. But of course she would be more certain if she had brought Kifu along. But if Kifu came, there could have been trouble caused. In a pride full of females, any strange male was a threat.

When asked her name, the pale female spoke, "My name is Heshima," And then came the question of where she was traveling to. For now it was time to bring up the whole reason that she was here, "My mother Siagi used to live here as a cub, and she loved these lands so. But then she relocated with my father to the Pridelands and became loyal to Mufasa. As a cub, she used to tell me all these stories about an ash-covered land that lie untouched and unclaimed. That is where I wish to travel to Queen Nyota, I wish to start my life anew with my family," Heshima's tongue rolled around in her mouth and she continued to speak, "Are these stories my mother have told me true? I do not wish to cause any trouble, nor do my family. We are just exiles looking for a place to call our own. We won't be any trouble, I can promise you that. I wish to lead a land that is peaceful, and so my trouble family can finally have some peace in their lives," It was a risky move, asking if there was a neutral land. The female was a stranger, and Nyota had every right to turn the pale female away back to a life of solitude with her son and missing daughters. But the female had hope that Nyota would see the kindness that still lay tattered in her soul. Her trust had been put into too many to have it ripped away from her bit by bit, now Heshima would be in control of her own life.

Noticing the Lowland Queen's oddly colored eyes, Heshima brought up the topic of Shani, unaware of her fate. "I do know of one female who lives in the Lowlands, she visited the Pridelands before I gave birth to my children. Shani was her name, she had the same bright violet eyes as myself. How is she fairing if I may ask?" The fact that she had been killed would shock Heshima, and her heart would break if she found out that her children were now orphans. There was something though that would make Heshima wish to see these children, but she wouldn't ask about it. Such a young life, just like her own daughter, had been lost in the past few months and Heshima would wonder if there was a curse on these violet eyes. But no, there would have to be something else, some other aggressor that made the violet eyed females so readily targets. Maybe if Heshima had escaped earlier, she would have found the Lowlands and her future home sooner. She would have been there for Giza, and neither she nor Tasa would be missing. But then, Ari wouldn't be dead either, and Kifu would have grown up bigger and stronger than he already was. It was funny to see how a simple decision in life could change so many things, and Heshima now regretted not running away when she had the chance. There would be no death, no unwanted cubs, just a family to love and care for. If only life worked that way.
Back to top Go down
Nyota

Nyota

PostSubject: Re: Returning to a Family Homeland   Returning to a Family Homeland EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Nyota listened silently as the stranger explained her situation, and a frown planted itself across her muzzle. Nothing upset the jungle queen more than hearing of the tyranny of males, whether they were kings or rogues. It bothered Nyota that lions so often felt it was their right to torment and control lionesses. Obviously, nothing like that existed in the kingless kingdom of the Lowlands, but she understood that it was commonplace in nearly every other place. Learning that Heshima had come from the Pridelands and the cruel reign of Scar would not surprise her in the least. Nyota stepped closer to Heshima, her maternal instincts taking hold of her, and she offered the slightest nuzzle of comfort to the grieving lioness. "I am truly sorry for your loss, dear one. Again, you are welcome to these lands for as long as you need. You are safe here."

The name Siagi was hardly familiar to Nyota, who was too young to remember her. The name of the banished lioness would be repeated to each and every member of the jungle pride, along with instruction to let Heshima and her adolescent son pass without incident. Nyota didn't think to mention Giza, since the russet lioness had never indicated where she was born. Perhaps Upendo had been told the truth about the former princess, but Nyota remained ignorant that she was gazing upon her mother at that moment. "I assume you are speaking of the burning lands beyond our borders," she said after Heshima had explained the destination she had in mind. "Throughout my lifetime, hostile prides have attempted to make a home of the ashen kingdom. To my knowledge, they have not been successful, whether for lack of resources or for waging war against my pride." So the lands were probably unoccupied... But Nyota believed that there was a compelling reason for that. She nodded towards the south, deeper into the Lowlands. "I cannot say for certain whether the lands are peaceful there. Follow the clear river, into the green hills. You will enter a meadow shaped like the ailing moon, before it disappears from the sky. You must go through Malkia Pass, but it is not an easily climb. Be certain you are well-rested and fed before you attempt to cross the Pass."

At the mention of Shani, Nyota flinched painfully, and she bowed her head in respect for the dead. "Shani was killed by a rogue. The savannah is not safe." Her mis-matched eyes strayed from Heshima to the direction she had just traveled, hinting that her son was not secure there unattended. It would be a dangerous journey for mother and son, Nyota was certain. The terrain would be rough, the weather unpredictable, and not even Nyota herself was certain what would be waiting beyond Malkia Pass. So often, she had seen the plumes of smoke rising from their neighboring lands, seen the ash raining down over Mwezi Meadow. She would not discourage Heshima from going there, but she was concerned that she would never make it over the mountains that formed their border.
Back to top Go down
Heshima

Heshima

PostSubject: Re: Returning to a Family Homeland   Returning to a Family Homeland EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:57 am

Accepting the nuzzle with a soft smile, Heshima nodded, "Thank you Queen Nyota, your kindness has lifted my spirits," It had been a long time since anyone outside of her own children had given Heshima any sort of affection or compassion. The Pridelands were turning into a horrible place, a far cry from what they used to be when Heshima was a mere cub. No one wanted to live there, the lands were dying, the herds had long gone. It was a surprise that her children had been able to live that long on whatever they had to eat. Granted being a part of the royal family her children got more food than a regular cub, but there was still a part of her that wished for her children to be feed more. Hopefully in their new life, they would have more food to feed everyone fairly. Right now, Heshima wanted just her family to be a part of these seemingly story based lands, but of course not everything was going to go as planned. As the female in front of her seemed to try to pull out the memory of such a place that Heshima had described, she mentioned the burning lands beyond the borders. Heshima nodded, for her mother had often spoken about the lands being prone to fires, but none the less she had seen one pride find a den higher up than any other place. But Heshima was certain that they would survive the harsh fires. Even though the rains that were promised to come had not.

Heshima listened as Nyota told her how hostile prides had lived there and died trying, and Heshima spoke up. "I assure you Queen Nyota, we will remain the least hostile towards your pride. I wish more for allies than enemies, especially an alliance with my mother's former pride," The female listened closely to the directions of how to get to the ashy lands from her mother's stories and she nodded, taking them all in and remembering everything that Nyota was telling her. So the climb was harsh, but Heshima was up to the challenge. Her son was strong enough, and with time of the pride passing through the pass, it would become smoother and easier. Especially if there were young cubs trying to reach the haven that Heshima had been trying to create. Once more, Heshima bowed to the Lowland queen and thanked her for her generosity, "I have two more daughters my dear queen that I wish to find soon. One is the same color as me, and I have told her of these lands. The other is the same color as my son, but brighter even though she has a dark nature. If you end up seeing my daughters, please send them to where me and their brother are staying. It would mean the world to me to see my little girls again," Heshima had no idea that she was only feet away from the lioness whom had been taking in her daughter, raising her in the way of the Lowlanders, and giving her a home. If the pale lioness only knew.

The news of Shani's death made Heshima gasp and back away quickly but soon she regained her sense of dignity that she tried to hold onto. "My deepest sympathy for you and your pride. Shani was a lovely girl, I only hope that whatever family she managed to have, if she had one at all, are doing alright," The female sighed and looked to the ground, "I wonder if the Great Kings have something against us violet-eyed lions. Shani and my daughter both had violet eyes, and yet now I am fearing for my safety because of it," a pause, "No, impossible, sorry for my ramblings Queen Nyota," At the mention that the savannah was indeed not safe anymore, Heshima nodded and stepped forward to place her paw on Nyota's. "With that, I must return to my son. I thank you Queen Nyota, we will be moving through here in the coming days to reach these ashy lands. Once me and my son settle in I wish to speak with you and your king once more to set up a possible alliance and peace talks between the two lands. But until then, I bid you farewell and I wish the best upon you and your jungle pride," With being under Scar's rule, Heshima had no idea that the Lowland pride was ruled by two queens, those that aren't even blood family members. But Heshima would soon find out and think no differently of the idea, hoping that her children would one day be able to rule the pride together. As one.
Back to top Go down
Nyota

Nyota

PostSubject: Re: Returning to a Family Homeland   Returning to a Family Homeland EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:06 am

There was nothing more for Nyota to do for the wayward lioness and her adolescent son. She had offered sincere comfort, and would allow the pair to pass safely. She had directed Heshima to the place she dreamt of. Now the dual eyed queen could only wish Heshima the best on her travels and in her life. She smiled warmly to the lioness, giving a slight nod when she was thanked for her kindness. "It is but little," she said. If there was more to be done, then Nyota would help, but she knew this was something Heshima had to do for herself. If she survived, she would be stronger for it. Nyota felt that Heshima was strong already. She would make it. Nyota was quite certain that she would see the lioness again in the near future.

"Certainly. The Lowlands would always rather have a friend than an enemy." Nyota made a mental note to keep an eye out for Heshima's look alike daughter, as well as the one she attempted to describe. But even the comment about her missing daughter's dark nature was not enough indication to Nyota that Giza was the lioness she spoke of. What were the odds? There were countless leonine lives existing on the savannah, in the jungle, even in the desert and the wastelands that seemed so unfriendly. But the lost princess of the Pridelands would soon discover that her family would be traveling through, and it would throw her life into a frenzy. Would Giza be as pleased to see her mother as Heshima would be to rediscover her daughter?

As Heshima pondered the fate of those with purple eyes, Nyota listened in somber silence. "Oh, it's not the eyes, rest assured. Sometimes we are lead down a long path in this life, but often we have no choice. Often life isn't as long as we would prefer. I hae seen the look of death in eyes of every shade imaginable." The morbid subject caused the lioness to pause before shaking her head, trying to rid her thoughts of the disturbing mental images. Then Heshima said she must go, and Nyota nodded in agreement, concerned also for the safety of the unattended son left in neutral territory. But when Heshima mentioned speaking to the king, Nyota could not help but let slip a chuckle. "There is no king here, dear one, only myself and my companion, Duara. We will gladly speak to you regarding an alliance, however." With that, she smiled a final time at the pale, scarred lioness. "Safe travels, Heshima. And good luck."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning to a Family Homeland   Returning to a Family Homeland Empty

Back to top Go down

Returning to a Family Homeland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TLK: Dark Horizon :: Everything The Light Touches :: Lowlands :: Highland Ridge-
Jump to: