HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kiseki

Pride Points : 431621

` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] Empty
PostSubject: ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari]   ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:42 pm

` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] 2r4jshy
KISEKI
It wasn't usual that she wandered away from the group; normally she stuck to their side like a leech, but this morning she'd felt rather like having an adventure, and so, while the others were sleeping, she'd slipped out of the little huddle that the group had formed -- Kuubi and Kusubiri were practically squishing her, and it took a little bit of a wriggle to get from under the pair, without waking them. It was harder than it sounded, and took her nearly an hour before she could safely wriggle away.

She knew she was roughly headed towards Lake Mambaziwa, simply because of the giant mass of water she was approaching; grinning to herself, Kiseki broke into a run as she reached the edge of the lake, wading in up to her shoulders, Kiseki span in a circle, before giggling to herself. "So glad I can enjoy this by myself," She breathed, spinning once more before pinning her ears to her skull as she came face to face with an alligator. As its jaws opened, its teeth glistening, Kiseki backed up onto the ground once more, leaving the luxury of the water, but wanting the safety of the land.

Spinning on her haunches, tail tucked between her legs, Kiseki took off up the side of the lake, away from the alligator, and then when she was out of breath, and needing a breath, she paused. Chest heaving, she twisted her head as she carried on walking, a giant grin on her face. She'd outwitted an alligator! "Haha, I can't wait to tell Kuubi!" She grinned to herself, puffing up with an ego that was obviously too big for a cub her size.
Back to top Go down
Jabari

Jabari

Pride Points : 438160

PostSubject: Re: ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari]   ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:18 pm

It had been several months since the death of Jabari's father. Shinikizo had been a nuisance to the cub anyway, and he now thoroughly enjoyed his newfound independence. That day, he had wandered out into neutral territories, far from the mountainous region he called home. In truth, Jabari had never been this far from the Coldlands before, but he was not nervous. He was confident he could find his way back again. While he spent the majority of his days away from the Coldlands, he always returned there at night. Without a parental figure to stop him, he did as he pleased.

It was Kiseki's peach pelt that first caught Jabari's attention. It was merely a blur of color against the darkened banks of the lake, but she moved quickly. Any hungry predator within eyesight would likely have noticed the same thing, but luckily for both of the youngsters, the savanna was empty save for the pair of them. Jabari's social interactions had been limited to his pride mates and family members, and he knew only a pawful of cubs cubs. How could he resist the temptation to meet a new one? The female cub appeared alone, and that was enough for Jabari. He was as brave as his name suggested, and not one to consider consequences.

The muddy hued young lion, with a dark mane still sprouting with age, sauntered casually down to the giant lake. At first, he pretended he did not see Kiseki at all, instead approaching the water's edge to quench his thirst, unaware of the crocs. Then, he turned to the green eyed cub with a bemused expression. "Just so you know, I saw you from a mile away. You don't blend in here as well as I do. You stick out like a sore paw." The male chuckled under his breath and shook his head. His arrogance was difficult to miss. "I've never seen you around before. Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
kiseki

PostSubject: Re: ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari]   ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:27 am

` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] 2r4jshy

There was one thing Kiseki hated more than anything; it was someone pointing out exactly how pale she was -- maybe that was why she hadn't been the favourite daughter? Either way, she hated it. And while it was strange being away from her small rag-a-tag group, it was peaceful, without their typical screaming and playing.

Kiseki preferred her own company sometimes -- not that she would admit it, but she liked it when she didn't feel like dealing with the squawking and screeches of her pride-mates. The wind was relaxing, and though her pelt was slightly colder than Kiseki liked, she wasn't about to complain, because she was alone. The crocs were down the bottom of the lake, the direction she had just come from, and with a huff she sat down quietly.

"And any good hunter knows to approach downwind," She responded with a snort to the voice that had suddenly just spoke, "And I happen to like my colour, it's a lot better than looking like you've rolled in mud." Turning her full attention onto the male cub, eyeing him curiously. "And that would be because I'm not from around here, I don't technically have a home." Th truth was better than lying, because Kiseki had no idea if this cub was from a pride or not -- she had a feeling he was, as any cub with an attitude like his wouldn't have lasted two days on his own. "I'm Kiseki. Who are you?"

This cub was actually quite cute, compared to the other boys in her little makeshift pride; although she'd passed a comment about his pelt, it actually suited him, it made his eyes stand out, and although she'd never felt it before, it felt like there were butterflies in her stomach -- which was silly, because she hadn't caught any butterflies today.

"What's someone from a pride doing all the way out here?" She remarked, curling her tail around her form and watching the crocs with a careful gaze that were moving from just behind the lion cub. Turning her gaze back to the male, she stood up and stretched, paws digging into the ground and her claws scraping the earth.
Back to top Go down
Jabari

Jabari

PostSubject: Re: ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari]   ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:00 pm

Ears folded back against his skull when the female pointed out Jabari's obvious mistake. He was too prideful to mention the fact that he had never actually gone on a hunt before, with the exception of small prey that was abundant in the Coldlands. The mud comment brought a low chuckle though. "How did you know I've been rolling around in the mud?" It was a favorite hobby, after all, and since he would never allow a tongue near him for a bath, he tended to remain dirty. To make his point, he shook his entire form, and dry bits of mud and dirt flew in every direction.

"No home? Well, where did you come from?" The young male quickly put two and two together, and wondered if this stranger was also without a family. He looked around the pair, just to be certain there was no angry father or protective mother lurking nearby, but they seemed alone. It was just two cubs and the crocodiles, who blended in so well with their watery home that Jabari still hadn't noticed them. When one is young and reckless, the dangers of the world are meaningless until the day luck runs out. Jabari was not as invincible as he believed. "My name is Jabari."

Indeed, he was from a pride, but he wondered how the other cub had guessed it. Did he look weak and dependent, in need of a pride's protection? Jabari would never admit that he relied on the Coldlanders now that his father was gone. There was no way for the young lion to know that his mother had met a similar gruesome fate, on the opposite side of the savannah. "These are free lands, so I can be here if I feel like it, just the same as you. I'm from the mountains though. No one cares if I leave," he announced boastfully, chest puffed out for show.

He noted the notch in her ear, and wondered how she had lost the sliver of flesh. It was pretty cool. The injury made the young lioness appear tough, which Jabari silently admired. "What happened to your ear?" He asked, without stopping to consider that said ear could be a sensitive subject for the female. Finally, he took a few steps closer to plop down in front of Kiseki, sitting ungracefully.
Back to top Go down
kiseki

PostSubject: Re: ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari]   ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:04 pm

It was obvious that he was full of pride the minute he didn't comment on his mistake -- but the way his ears pinned against his skull spoke volumes to the female. At his question, Kisekis' eyes settled on the crocs once more, they were moving up, their forms blending into the water almost perfectly. "You smell of the earth," She murmured, "And you have clumps of mud on your chest," She remarked casually, just as the male shook himself -- sending clumps of mud and dirt flying, wrinkling her muzzle as a loose piece of dirt flew close to her paw.

"I don't really remember. My father dropped me off in the middle of nowhere when I was smaller." At his glance around, Kiseki grinned -- was he checking for parents? There would only be a group of cubs, if anyone. "Jabari," She murmured, testing his name -- it rolled off her tongue easily, and she grinned sweetly.

She rolled her eyes playfully, "Are the mountains... cold?" She asked curious, she'd always enjoyed heights but had never been up in mountains, she dipped her head in slight embarressment at having asked such a silly question, but it had been said and she couldn't take it back now.

At his question, she paused -- her entire body tensing, at the memory his question brought back. "Father gave it to me when I scarred my sister when we were practising fighting, and we got out of hand. Threw me across to my mother, and spent the whole night ignoring me. Next day he dropped me off," She breathed out, just as Jabari moved closer to her. It didn't hurt as much to say that her father had took a chunk of her ear out of her, it could have been worse, and Kiseki was grateful for small miracles.
Back to top Go down
Jabari

Jabari

PostSubject: Re: ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari]   ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 12:42 am

The look of distaste his mud splattering produced seemed to please Jabari. Girls often hated mud. Girls and Upendo. "Oh no, that's not mud on my chest, that's my mane!" But when he lowered his chin to get a better look at his pale creamy chest, he saw that Kiseki was right. The clump was brushed away carelessly with a forepaw, and he had to hide the sheepish grin from his muzzle. "Oh, well. Maybe it's not my mane not yet, but real soon." The cub was looking forward to maturity and autonomy, and was perhaps a little too eager for the day he would be grown.

It was odd to Jabari that Kiseki simply couldn't remember where she came from. What awful, terrible thing had this innocent looking cub done? The male stared quizically as Kiseki grinned at him despite her troubles, instantly curious to know what secrets he assumed she was keeping. He contained his questions for the moment, though. It only added to the intrigue.

Kiseki's curiosity brought about a laugh, and Jabari looked at the green eyed cub as if she was crazy. "It's always cold. We even have snow, but I'll bet you've never seen snow before." He had still not grown accustomed to the freezing temperatures at night, and he was not especially fond of the cold, either. It meant he had to rely on his brother or one of the others for warmth, or risk a shivery night alone. The mild weather of the neurtal territories was more welcoming, though the sun beat down on his dark pelt mid-day and made him uncomfortable.

"They ditched you just for that? His expression was incredulous, for Jabari was guilty of rough housing and backtalking like it was nobody's business! It was a wonder his own father hadn't struck out at him for his impatience and rude nature. Instead, his sire would cry and plead, and the elder lion's mood swings were as wild as the jungle rivers. "We're supposed to play fight. That's a stupid reason to get mad at a cub. My dad was mean too. He took me and my brother away from my mom and the others. And now he's dead." Dark tufted tail flicked in irritation at the very thought of it, though so much time had passed.
Back to top Go down
kiseki

PostSubject: Re: ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari]   ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 8:12 am

That was his mane? Somehow she highly doubted it, only to giggle as he brushed the clump of mud away with a sheepish grin. Was he looking forward to having a mane, Maliki had already started growing one, and it wouldn't be long until the other males followed suit; but then Maliki was already mature and everything, looking after their makeshift pride with the grace of a parent.

Thinking of Maliki, he was probably having a fit when he realised that she'd left -- once again, without telling anyone. It wasn't her fault that she wanted time away from the pride, she knew Maliki did the same, so she knew that if she returned, she could possibly escape the coming lecture from the pride, Maliki would otherwise be a hypocrite, not that she would ever call him that to his face.

At his look, Kiseki huffed slightly, "Well, I didn't know. And no, I've never seen it, I'd like to, I think." She grinned, though she knew she would always prefer the warmer conditions rather than snow -- but she loved heights, and a day in the mountains sounded interesting to the cub. But more often than not, she would only just reach the Savannah and be stopped by the group before she got anywhere further.

"My sister was always the favourite; father wanted to try and secure a position in a pride, I think he wanted Akumu to aim for a Prince." She murmured, with a wrinkle of her nose, "But then, when I scarred her, I ruined their chances of a position in a successful pride. Father was furious at me."

As he spoke about his father, Kiseki shot a glance at the crocs -- they were starting to get closer, and the water was a bit murkier closer to the pair, and it was difficult to see them, though she knew that they were getting closer -- "We weren't play fighting," She disagreed softly, "Where we were, it was be strong or die. We were never allowed to play fight, it was real until someone stepped in." She explained, though she didn't really understand why; Jabari wasn't a member of her pride, and it was almost certain they would never meet again.

The water splashed behind them, and almost as soon as the first splash was made, Kiseki was up; eyes wide and staring intently at the water -- zebra were on the other side, and seemed to have excited the crocs. "Man, I hate it when they start doing that." She murmured, knowing that they would have to move away from the water, otherwise they could -- and probably would -- be croc chow.
Back to top Go down
Jabari

Jabari

PostSubject: Re: ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari]   ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Of the three male cubs of the Coldlands, Jabari had the smallest mane, which was a sore subject for the prideful cub. Still, as the months passed and the brown cub reached adolescence, his mane would be nearly black as night. He had heard that lions with a darker mane were considered attractive by the lionesses, so he was certain one day, he would have an advantage over his brother and the prince of the mountain pride.

Though Jabari wasn't a fan of the cold or the snow, or even pride life as he aged, he couldn't help but feel proud of the place he called home for being so different. True, he had seldom strayed beyond the borders, but he knew the Coldlands were unique, and his expression was rather smug. "And guess what? Our king is as white as the snow, and so is his son and my brother Ziko! I'm the only one who isn't white."

Listening quietly as Kiseki explained what had happened between her and her father, Jabari snorted when she had finished. "Well, I still think that's pretty dumb. Girls should learn how to fight so they're not weak," he commented with obvious disdain." His mother had allowed their sire to take Jabari and Ziko away, without a fight, and he could never forget her perceived weakness. The cub stared at Kiseki a moment longer, as if trying to decide if he was supposed to feel sorry for her, or be impressed that she had managed to survive without a family. The latter seemed to prevail.

"My dad said he was training me, but I don't know for what. He was weird and mean, and it sounds like your dad was, too. Well, I personally think we're better off without them." But this begged the question, and Jabari was no longer able to keep his curiosity at bay: "How do you manage to live on your own like this? If I could do it--" Words tapered off into silence, as Jabari realized he was about to admit a weakness. This was not something he was willing to do, especially in front of a girl!

Finally, the male cub became aware of the crocodiles lurking near the banks when the sound of splashing surprised him. In spite of his supposed bravery, the unexpected sight of the beasts caused Jabari to jump visibly, and he scrambled to join Kiseki a safer distance from the lake. His amethyst eyes remained fixed on the crocs, murky in the water he had only minutes before lapped up, and it was a good minute before he composed himself once again. "Oh, yeah, me too! Hate it." But in truth, Jabari had never seen a croc before, and his eyes remained wide with amazement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari]   ` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari] Empty

Back to top Go down

` we're all victims of l o v e [Jabari]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TLK: Dark Horizon :: Everything The Light Touches :: Savannah :: Lake Mambaziwa-
Jump to: